• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc New ambien?

Codyyyy

Greenlighter
Okay I've been shooting ambien for around a year, and they changed suddenly from small and white to big and purple, and now I feel no effects whatsoever. I even tried doing like 4 of em, and nothing. Any ideas?
And I know all the health effects and everything, save it, I don't wanna hear it, agaaiinnnn.

Why are you shooting Ambien? I'm just curious as to why you'd be interested in IVing Ambien, of all drugs...

BO, people IV anything and everything. they can rationalize doing it but if you have to ask, you'll never know... thankfully we don't suffer that affliction.

OP, the more the medical community comes to the realization that there are people injecting everything and anything, the more they add "inactive" ingredients to deter people from doing so, thus making their drug "safer" = more RX'd = "profitable"

i suspect that would be the problem, feelin paranoid, ya know?

^ I only ask because I'm both an Ambien user (as part of a prescribed regiment for insomnia), and an IV drug user (mostly heroin). And I can honestly say that I've never even been tempted to IV Ambien, it just seems really bizarre to me. With some other pills like Dilaudid or Oxy yeah, I can see why people would want to IV...but AMBIEN?!

How about not shooting ambien. Call me crazy, but I've always kinda known that a pill was meant to be eaten, not shot? If you're gonna shoot, make it something worth the time and effort.

i've IV'd dope to, but never pills... seems like once some people pull it off a few times HR goes out the window in the logic of "higher BA / efficiency"...

buddies swear every drug hits differently when IV'd... maybe so... but i'm a bad shot, and in a bad enough shape already, so abstinance from doing myself extra harm for minor gains isn't too tough for me, personally... but i'd never judge another, just felt paranoid enough to warrant an opinion to the OP!

Okay I've been shooting ambien for around a year, and they changed suddenly from small and white to big and purple, and now I feel no effects whatsoever. I even tried doing like 4 of em, and nothing. Any ideas?
And I know all the health effects and everything, save it, I don't wanna hear it, agaaiinnnn.
Sounds like they've been reformulated. Whether they did that specifically to deter abuse or not, I don't know, but it sounds like they've succeeded in making them useless i.v. Whether or not theres a way around it, who knows, but yeah shooting ambien is a terrible idea, there are archived threads detailing just how terribly dangerous this is. Micron filter if you must do it, but people have lost limbs doing this shit.

I may be totally off base here but I thought I read somewhere that an ER version of the drug was made or was going to be made. Is it possible OP got hold of one of those instead of the usual. I used to take those for insomnia too and the generics were oblong, white and I don't remember if they were scored or not but they did break in half easily. Just a thought.

Zolpidems oral Bioavailability is 70% so it is definitely not worth it to IV them especially when there are already reports of people losing their arms due to that.
Please tell me you were yousing micron-filters all the time or you could be in for some serious health issues in the future.

Now with the new formulation it seems to be even less worth it, so please stop shooting these pills for gods sake and just take them orally or sublinguylly if you want a faster onset.

I don't think you know all the health effects or you would not even consider to IV something like Zolpidem...

May I refer you to this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/445570-Case-Studies-(It-could-happen-to-YOU-)

How about not shooting ambien. Call me crazy, but I've always kinda known that a pill was meant to be eaten, not shot? If you're gonna shoot, make it something worth the time and effort.

how about not shooting pills though. i mean, call me crazy, but BL is a harm reduction forum.... i know i know, people are gonna do what they're gonna do regardless, but im just sayin; be smart!

I hope you at least use a micron filter. Shooting pills can result in a lot of nasty things

Ambien kicks in quick, and has a high bio availability. Why go through the risk and trouble of iving it?