• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Never smoke out a tiny ass bong

treezy z

Bluelighter
I quit cigarettes quite a while ago. Smoke about 7-10g of bud a week, blunts usually. Zero problems, cough on occasion.

I was at the smoke shop the other day for a grinder and they had a tiny ass bong for the price of a couple packs of smokes. I have big hands but it's shorter than my hand. I figured fuck it, ain't took a bong rip for a while so got that and the grinder.

Get home, put water in. Do some bong rips. Chamber too short, they hit way too hard, coughing like a cancer patient. I'm on some bars and addies though so hey, what the fuck.

Wake up sick as a dog. I just did a cold turkey opiate kick 3 weeks ago maybe and this was worse. 2 days in bed other than to grab a plate of food or Gatorade.

Today I wake up feeling alright but my breathing is all fucked up. Drop a couple kpins and hit up the ER. X-rays etc long story short....
Acute bronchitis.

I don't like edibles so no weed for at least a couple months.

Moral of the story if you wanna do bong rips, drop some cash, buy quality not bullshit.

Good point. Made me laugh.

Also reminded me of something that happened to a buddy of mine years ago...he was very healthy, not a cigarette smoker, but loved smoking weed. Anyway, one time we were at this chick's place and she had this bong which was designed so you could pull it apart and put ice-cubes in this little chamber. The idea, I can only assume, was to cool the smoke before it entered the smoker's lungs. This in itself seemed odd since it was, aside from this ice-cube chamber, a normal bong - ie it used water to cool the smoke like every other bong.

Anyway my mate had about three cones through this 'ice bong', got stoned and all was well. Or so he thought. About three days after the session he developed a nasty cough which lasted around four months. He even went to the doctor (omitting the part about the ice-bong, even though I told him that doctor's don't judge and they need all the relevant info to treat you), and the doc put him on some antibiotics which helped it a bit but didn't eradicate it.

It went in time, but four months is a long time to have a cough. And we could only assume it was the ice-bong that caused it.

If anyone else happens to see this and has any knowledge about this type of thing, I'd love to know whether it was the bong, or just coincidence, or perhaps a bug he caught from someone else who had used the bong (although there were only three of us and I wasn't sick and the chick didn't seem in the least bit sick)...

Any thoughts appreciated

peace :)

I've got 10-12 bongs, but the first water pipe I smoked out of was a simple round bottom flask type with a 4 inch neck. The bowl sat on a simple downstream which ended below the water line. It hit, zero drag; but no filtration or diffusion. My ex had that pipe and she loved it because it came in a faux leather case.

The bongs that I pick up now have percs, gridded down-stems (if not stemless), and I usually use ash catchers to keep the pipes clean and add a bit of extra filtration.

My favourite percs are honeycomb, inline and inverted mushroom. Tree percs work, but I find they add too much drag. Splashguards are okay and I've used ice pinches. Ice works, but I find it kills the flavour.

One of my bongs (a PHx 16" single honeycomb when used with a single inline ash catcher is as smooth as a baby's bum - never caused a cough). One cheap single 4 arm tree perc pipe is a choker every time.

So willy33, yeah it can make a difference. Never had a multi month coughing jag though, except when I was smoking some non flushed outdoor grown herb for 2 months in a row. The ash burned black with that crap. The only people who use my pipes are 1 family member and her SO. If they've got a cold I ask them to use any of my pieces except my PHx and then to clean it afterwards.

Tom

The first bong I ever smoked out of was a tiny graffix bong in my friend's basement. It was good for one hit that I took, or for a small session but you would not want to smoke out of it for hours as the water would need frequently changed.

Maybe you should get a vaporizer? I haven't used cannabis in years; but the last time I did I tried out a vape and I did get super high but I had zero tolerance at the time. My friends that smoke frequently and have a tolerance say that vaping is interesting but that they have to do it a lot because of their tolerance and they don't get super high from just one or two vape hits.

Or maybe you are sick with something like how you said that your friend that you smoked with was and had to be put on antibiotics? If you're worried see a doctor.

I have a tiny 5 inch bubbler with a male 14mm joint that I dab from, and also a Nectar Collector which is only around 8 inches with a TINY amount of water that I also dab from, both of which require the use of a butane torch, and I've never once gotten sick after using them. Sounds like you just happened to get sick after smoking out of this tiny bong, but if you coughed hard enough to open a wound in your throat you could get an infection through that open wound, and if you're taking adderall and xanax and kicking opiates your immune system may not be working at 100%.

Treeburner

I have a tiny 5 inch bubbler with a male 14mm joint that I dab from, and also a Nectar Collector which is only around 8 inches with a TINY amount of water that I also dab from, both of which require the use of a butane torch, and I've never once gotten sick after using them. Sounds like you just happened to get sick after smoking out of this tiny bong, but if you coughed hard enough to open a wound in your throat you could get an infection through that open wound, and if you're taking adderall and xanax and kicking opiates your immune system may not be working at 100%.

Treeburner

I agree with this. I don't think it's the size of the bong that matters... more how you use it..........

but really.