• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Never feel the magic

J1995

Greenlighter
Hey guys, this is something that truly puzzles me as it's something all my friends have told me to get checked out because they find it crazy.

I have been taking ecstasy since I was about 18 1/2 years old and I am now 21. Over that period I say the most I have done it is 6 times (a safe amount I'm assuming).

My friends are much more frequent users of ecstasy, sometimes even going on streaks where they do it every other week....but the key difference between me and them is that they always feel the magic.

From the very beginning when my friends take a pill that we assume is some good shit they roll nuts, while I take the same amount and might just experience some quick short lived euphoria and talkitiveness.

Recently at Ultra music festival which we attended I decided to go overboard since we had found a very good connect for some good pills called orange owls tested at around 240 mg mdma.

The Friday of the festival me and my friends dropped a half of the pill which made me feel nice but nothing crazy, about an hour later we redosed on the other half and my friends were rolling absolute nuts and having the time of their lives while I just felt a little more euphoric. I also never feel the sensory effects attributed to rolling like eye wiggles or react crazy to light shows etc.

That same Sunday I dropped a whole Owl then rodosed an hour in, my friends called me crazy and thought I was going to die seeing as I had effectively taken a 300mg mdma dose but I still didn't feel any intense effects.

I've come to the conclusion that maybe because at this point I always assume a pill won't hit me that I don't feel it as much or that I just have a naturally super high ampletmaine tolerance.

Some background information on me

Male

165 pds

5'9

My body type is much more muscular than most of my friends and I also excercise and take my fitness much more serious than them but I doubt this has anything to do with it because I've seen the swolest dudes rolling balls.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Some people just seem to be immune. Are you taking any other meds?
Frequent use is not advised. Once every two months is a sustainable rate of usage.

I'm not a frequent user at all and also do not take any other medication or amphetamine like things

Your average use is about every five months or so, so I wouldn't really expect this to be accumulated tolerance, although you may well just be naturally tolerant and/or metabolise the drug differently.

That said, if you re-dosed within 2-3 days at the music festival, like you did, then you could expect that on the Sunday the effects would be significantly diminished. Some people find that they can take MDMA on roughly consecutive days, and some don't, but either way you can probably expect diminished effects.

On the first day if you took half a 240mg pill, then you took roughly 120mg~ MDMA. I weigh out my ecstasy doses using milligram accurate scales (and currently have no MDMA tolerance..), and find that I need pretty much exactly 135mg of MDMA to come up properly. Anything else leaves me in that half-way-there irritating come up stage, which sounds somewhat like you have described. If 120mg~ wasn't enough for you (and bare in mind that the pill would not be equally split), then you could also expect the second 120mg dose to also be ineffective, especially if you never quite came up the first time, and given that the second dose could produce diminished effects anyway (dependent on timing etc).

I actually have a close friend who used to be in the same situation as you. The first time we took pills they were pretty strong, and we were all very powerfully up off the first pill. We had three over the course of the night and I can remember sitting on the seats gurning and tripping towards the end (for example I thought I saw a new york style taxi in the club but it was just a door).

We then took ecstasy on 2-3 more occasions over the prevailing months and my friend always said that he felt like he'd 'lost the magic', whereas I (and my other friend) were always veritably fucked.

I've just asked said friend what his thoughts on this are now, and he says that sometimes he'd feel that he definitely had the magic, and sometimes not, and that he's come to realise that he was generally just either under-stepping/over-stepping the sweet spot. He took MDMA with me last year and had 135mg in a capsule and says that this was absolutely perfect. He also pre-loads with 5-htp for two days before the day of the MDMA (although not on the day, in order to avoid serotonin syndrome). So for him, he now attributes it to taking the exact right dose, and/or pre-loading, in order to bring the magic out.

I'd suggest getting some milligram scales and weighing MDMA crystals (if you can) and finding the ideal dose for you (and perhaps look into pre-loading, there are loads of threads on here). It's different for everyone. It's also worth getting your MDMA tested using a drug testing facility or a testing kit.

Last edited:
Unless your on meds that interfere with mdma so must not have mdma of rolling worthy quality

Md has been very magical and true to me and anyone else i know who has dosed real product

These days there are so many imposter drugs that even test positive for mdma at times to where having a real rolll is rare unless one has real md connects.

Mdma in its true chemistry is not as abundent as it once was. Cheaper and faulty newer chemistry doesn't give the REAL magic

no solid answers

While I can't say what your 'issue' is, its evident that MDMA is not working for you. I have a friend dealing with the same thing. I 'll be rolling balls, and she doesn't get much out of it at all.

At first, we figured out that it was because she was on an SSRI (anti-depressant). But now, she's been off them for 6 months, and she still can't roll.

So, first thing I would think of for you is medications that you might be on. Otherwise, I'm not sure what else it could be, other than to say 'it just doesn't work for you'.

You can research 'bolstering' your system with supplements to see if that will help, but given that you aren't over using MDMA, that shouldn't be the problem

Best of luck to you

Hey guys, this is something that truly puzzles me as it's something all my friends have told me to get checked out because they find it crazy.

I have been taking ecstasy since I was about 18 1/2 years old and I am now 21. Over that period I say the most I have done it is 6 times (a safe amount I'm assuming).

My friends are much more frequent users of ecstasy, sometimes even going on streaks where they do it every other week....but the key difference between me and them is that they always feel the magic.

From the very beginning when my friends take a pill that we assume is some good shit they roll nuts, while I take the same amount and might just experience some quick short lived euphoria and talkitiveness.

Recently at Ultra music festival which we attended I decided to go overboard since we had found a very good connect for some good pills called orange owls tested at around 240 mg mdma.

The Friday of the festival me and my friends dropped a half of the pill which made me feel nice but nothing crazy, about an hour later we redosed on the other half and my friends were rolling absolute nuts and having the time of their lives while I just felt a little more euphoric. I also never feel the sensory effects attributed to rolling like eye wiggles or react crazy to light shows etc.

That same Sunday I dropped a whole Owl then rodosed an hour in, my friends called me crazy and thought I was going to die seeing as I had effectively taken a 300mg mdma dose but I still didn't feel any intense effects.

I've come to the conclusion that maybe because at this point I always assume a pill won't hit me that I don't feel it as much or that I just have a naturally super high ampletmaine tolerance.

Some background information on me

Male

165 pds

5'9

My body type is much more muscular than most of my friends and I also excercise and take my fitness much more serious than them but I doubt this has anything to do with it because I've seen the swolest dudes rolling balls.

Any advice would be appreciated.