• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Never consumed cannabis before. Do you guys test your weed?

Steady3

Bluelighter
Title says it all. I may be consuming an edible soon, and have googled test kits for cannabinoids but haven't found any, all that comes up is drug tests.

Is this even a valid concern? Are people out there putting other random designer drugs in marijuana or edibles these days?

I want to be able to just enjoy the night with some friends, but I cannot put something into my body if I'm not sure of what it is.

Any help would be appreciated

Hahah no. You're good.

This is probably the best time for cannabis in it's entire history thus far.

you don't test it. like molly, you look at it and smell in to see the quality. weed is especially good if it's dense (not squishy), brittle (crumbles easily), frosty (covered in tiny frost-looking crystals, called trichomes), and it needs to smell like clean, fresh weed. If its an edible u can just smell it and it should smell like cannabutter, of cooked weed.
Good luck!
And no, if u have a reliable, well known dealer, you wont get any designer-drug-laced edibles. But I live in Portland OR, where its legal for recreation, so if you know someone who's 21+, they can just walk into a dispensary, and buy you all the edibles you need. Ive never come across any designer drugs in brownies before though.

it's very unlikely that there will be any drugs other than cannabis

to test for cannabinoids you would need to have it sent away to a lab, which is mostly just done when preparing a product for a dispensary so people will be able to know which strain/preparation to use for their particular needs, but it's not really the type of thing you can buy a kit to do at home.

Thanks guys. Sounds kind of stupid reading it back, but better to be safe

Buy an ounce & teach yourself...much cheaper & farmore enjoyable

start with mid prices & strains you like

don't eat an edible if you've never used marijuana, start by smoking.

if you overdo it on edibles you can end up in a panic attack, paranoid, borderline psychotic mindstate, especially if you've never been high on bud before.

don't eat an edible if you've never used marijuana, start by smoking.

if you overdo it on edibles you can end up in a panic attack, paranoid, borderline psychotic mindstate, especially if you've never been high on bud before.

Good advice. Edibles have a longer duration for most people as well, the result can either be a wonderful long running high or ongoing anxiety.

There isn't a lot of easy to find accurate information on the different results of delta 9 and delta 11 thc. If you are using edibles or plan to in the future it is important to know the content of the product you're eating. There are testers available if you are looking long term.

www.cdxlife.com/canna-sensor

This prices out about 1k Canadian so I'm guessing 650 US apx. The individual test units are about $1. I don't have this unit but will probably pick one up soon. It seems well worth the price and the software app will improve rapidly in the future.