• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Neutralizing phenibut acid

I've taken a full year of college chem. ph of 2 isn't normal range, ph of ~7 is. Yes it is hcl to increase solubility but that hcl dissosiate in water. And it doesnt cause a siignificant whole stomache ph increase - rather an acidic burning localized to where the pill comes out and through your g.i.

and phenibut hcl is over 17% HCL so 1 gram would equal ~200mg HCL.

Done tums, doesn't work. If what I did works it is super easy- just phenhcl + water + baking soda = onto plate in microwave; and I think phen free acid and table salt

The only value for phenibut hcl was ~2.2-2.5 so saying 2.5 is being friendly. and yeah a 2.5% solution.

ANd I got my numbers from 1gram of phenibut in 35ml water

1 gram phenibutHCL at 216 g/mol = 0.0046 mols phenibuthcl
0.0046 mols phenibuthcl = 0.0046 mols of Baking soda X 84g baking soda/ 1 mol baking soda = .39g of baking soda to neutralizes 1g of phenibuthcl

MATH

So this reaction should be:

PhenHCL + NaHCO3 (baking soda) + ~35ml H2O = Phen FAA + NaCL + H2O + CO2 (bubbles)
(1 gram) + (0.39g) + ~35ml H2O = (~0.83g) + (~340mg) ...

Last edited:
I've taken a full year of college chem. ph of 2 isn't normal range, ph of ~7 is. Yes it is hcl to increase solubility but that hcl dissosiate in water. And it doesnt cause a siignificant whole stomache ph increase - rather an acidic burning localized to where the pill comes out and through your g.i.

Done tums, doesn't work. If what I did works it is super easy- just phenhcl + water + baking soda = onto plate in microwave; and I think phen free acid and table salt

Well if you're going to go there... I recently graduated with a Biochem major and I'm starting my PhD. I also saw you say that you're a fifth year pre-med student, so I take it you're on an 8-year plan? you're going to need to take O-Chem and Biochem for the MCAT. But this is also an internet forum, so lets say you're Sarah Palin to my Joe Biden.

normal pH of stomach acid is 1.5-3.5

Sorry to be a dick, but you asked for the swordfight

0.0046 mols phenibuthcl = 0.0046 mols of Baking soda X 84g baking soda/ 1 mol baking soda = .39g of baking soda to neutralizes 1g of phenibuthcl

MATH

PhenHCL + NaHCO3 (baking soda) + ~35ml H2O = Phen FAA + NaCL + H2O + CO2 (bubbles)

I'm not going to take the time to nit pick the many reasons why you're chemical equation is wrong. Not feeling particularly patient. Youre math for calculating amount of baking soda to completely neutralize looks okay just eyeballing it. But by your own calculation, you could completely neutralize your phenibut dose by taking a small dose of baking soda with it.

pH concerns annihilated. I also haven't a clue why you were microwaving your phenibut/baking soda mixture

Well if you're going to go there... I recently graduated with a Biochem major and I'm starting my PhD. I also saw you say that you're a fifth year pre-med student, so I take it you're on an 8-year plan? normal pH of stomach acid is 1.5-3.5

No, graduating next year with a psych minor as well. Normal ph of stomach acid is ~2 yes meaning that phenibut hcl is the around the same ph as stomach acid- which happens to be hcl. So yes it is extremeley acidic and not normal ph of a chemichal. I think you arent a biochem guy quite yet.

I'm microwaving to evaporate the water - ghetto crack cocaine style.

How you like them apples?

I'm not going to take the time to nit pick the many reasons why you're chemical equation is wrong.
It aint wrong, it does not take much of a nit pick to name somthing wrong with my reaction. Please, by all means, inform me.

AHHH the only that has said anything rude is you, Like an idiot who becomes violent as reaction to intelligence. Enlighten this post if you would. I gave you exact shit and you gave dick. You seem to be the type of person that doesn't know he's a dumbass - you probably think you have average to above average intelligence.

Microwaving serves no purpose for you. You could just as easily drink the baking soda with your phenibut to neutralize it. And all I was trying to say is that you're problem isn't acidic phenibut. Here, you're telling me that Phenibut can be neutralized by a small dose of baking soda, and you're telling me that tums didn't work. It sounds like stomach pH is not the issue. Maybe try drinking the phenibut in solution with baking soda in case you weren't timing your doses with tums properly.

MATH

First, this equation has nothing to do with calculating HCl content of your phenibut HCl.

Second, I'm seeing grams--not moles

Third, no stoichiometric explanation for why 1 gram of PhenHCl = 0.34 g Phen FAA

Fifth, salts should really be written as dissolved ions

Sixth, where did the proton go?

...I could go on. I'm legitimately curious how you're going to take the MCAT without organic chemistry. They recently added Biochem which builds off of O-chem

Last edited:
Jesus christ dude, do you work for lift mode?

First, the equation is all about neutralizing the hcl
second, look. you are not seeing mols because your eyes are not being used.
third, 1gram of phenhcl = ~0.83g of phen faa. The ~340mg refers to the NaCL
Fourth, you missed fourth
fifth, I'm writing basic shit so people on here with your level of intellegence can help.(not working)
sixth, the proton goes to the water
.... NO, you couldn't go on. And I will have finished organic by the time I complete the MCAT since you are advising me academically.

And I am not drinking the solution because the hole idea is to make PhenFAA powder to use anytime, not a liquid solution with a gram in it.
I successfully got powder last night, and you ain't telling me a goddamn thing about my reaction.

Biochem and Ochem are cakewalks and chem is my weak point. Albeit much stronger than you apparently

Jesus christ dude, do you work for lift mode?

First, the equation is all about neutralizing the hcl
second, look. you are not seeing mols because your eyes are not being used.
third, 1gram of phenhcl = ~0.83g of phen faa. The ~340mg refers to the NaCL
Fourth, you missed fourth
fifth, I'm writing basic shit so people on here with your level of intellegence can help.(not working)
sixth, the proton goes to the water
.... NO, you couldn't go on. And I will have finished organic by the time I complete the MCAT since you are advising me academically.

And I am not drinking the solution because the hole idea is to make PhenFAA powder to use anytime, not a liquid solution with a gram in it.
I successfully got powder last night, and you ain't telling me a goddamn thing about my reaction.

Biochem and Ochem are cakewalks and chem is my weak point. Albeit much stronger than you apparently

My first post didn't go through because BL went offline. Made a couple typos trying to quickly retype everything. I meant to say the 0.83g for PhenHCl => Phen FAA. And your equation is not balanced at all--kind of the whole point of stoichmiometry. Your calaculation of "pure HCl" content relative to Phen in PhenHCl is what I questioned from your earlier posts (where I explained how you need to use high school chem like stoichiometry :)), so I figured that's what you were trying to explain.

Anyways, I said your calculation for the amount of baking soda needed to neutralize looked fine just eyeballing it. Your equation is horrific and tells me nothing. Study up! And good luck

It is balance, if not point out how. baking soda will neutrilize the hcl off of phen at 1:1 mol ratio so the stoich. is fine. And ~0.83g of Phen FAA is yielded from 1 gram of phenHCL. Phen is ~83% 0f phenhcl, so therefore 1g phenhcl would yeald ~0.836g. ( mmPhen/mmPhenhcl)

I don't need to here to study up from someone who has forced me to explain the same post 3 times now just so they can grasp it. You keep talking about high school chem, I have a feeling that is all it went for you because everything you tell me is wrong- is right. And you have told me nothing right.
You are wanting to seem smart for yourself but you haven't made one goddamed point. If you are going to remain usesless than do not comment.

YOU KEEP MISREADING MY POSTS ENTIRELY; DO YOU HAVE AN OCULAR DISEASE? JESUS STOP COMMENTING YOU DO NOT KNOW ANY CHEMISTRY AT ALL. (and seem to be insulting me because of your on feelings of inferiority for not being able to comprehend the simplest of chemical reactions.)

So Stop acting like a know it all, Im not gonna give you any more attention. Don't comment- I want something useful.

Last edited:

YOU PROBABLY MEAN PkA NOT PH

This isn't going anywhere. Your question was how to neutralize phenibut's acidity, and you answered the question yourself. A small amount of baking soda will neutralize phenibut's acidity.

Maybe this can be just be closed?

Mixed phenibuthcl powder with baking soda in the same capsule and it works pretty good, no issues noticed yet - no serius gas are anything

A very quick calculation tells me that a (quite high) dose of 1 g phenibut in a glass of water is not far off from being as acidic as a glass of cola.

No, cola is not great for your teeth nor stomach esp with all the sugar and carbonic acid... but it pretty much demonstrates how completely overreacting you are mike.

Even daily, a glass of cola worth of acids doesn't seem worth losing sleep over. Not that you're not free to ease your stomach if you have a sensitive one that wouldn't be happy with soda either. Just don't make it sound like people are burning a hole in their guts with this.

You think you're helping by providing extra info in stoich schemes, but it actually confuses the whole thing. Even if you add a quantity of water to the reaction for other reasons, it has no business being on the left side of the reaction scheme as one H20 molecule is only the product of the conversion reaction of one molecule of phenibut. Though that is not reflected by accounting for it on the right (like 1 H2O on the left 2 on the right). You mix up quantities as in grams or milliliters, with stoichiometric units.
Similarly, making the molar equivalent the inverse is a clever calculation but it obviously confuses the shit out of everyone for good reason.

Take some responsibility for the rage instead of getting worked up over the criticism.

Last edited:
Eh, I took 4-10grams of phenibut HCl every single day for over 1year straight, and my stomach always felt great. No heartburn, no upset stomach, no pain, no problems. I dunno. Just my input.

My stomach feels more upset and I feel more heartburn by taking 3 shots of vodka in a row without a chaser.

Last edited:
Yeah no I'm gonna break open my caps of scripted pregabalin and mix with some lye, just to be sure ;p

Same here, taking 16 caps of 250mg in one go doesn't hurt my stomach at all...

A very quick calculation tells me that a (quite high) dose of 1 g phenibut in a glass of water is not far off from being as acidic as a glass of cola.

No, cola is not great for your teeth nor stomach esp with all the sugar and carbonic acid... but it pretty much demonstrates how completely overreacting you are mike.

Even daily, a glass of cola worth of acids doesn't seem worth losing sleep over. Not that you're not free to ease your stomach if you have a sensitive one that wouldn't be happy with soda either. Just don't make it sound like people are burning a hole in their guts with this.

You think you're helping by providing extra info in stoich schemes, but it actually confuses the whole thing. Even if you add a quantity of water to the reaction for other reasons, it has no business being on the left side of the reaction scheme as one H20 molecule is only the product of the conversion reaction of one molecule of phenibut. Though that is not reflected by accounting for it on the right (like 1 H2O on the left 2 on the right). You mix up quantities as in grams or milliliters, with stoichiometric units.
Similarly, making the molar equivalent the inverse is a clever calculation but it obviously confuses the shit out of everyone for good reason.

Take some responsibility for the rage instead of getting worked up over the criticism.

Yeah, but a glass of cola isnt concentrated into a couple of pills and empty into a single, small spot in your gi track. This will be much more damaging as it is much more specific and concentrated acidic action.