• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Neurotoxic effects of meth

realtalkloc

Bluelighter
My friend over smoked meth, now she feels sick...how can she heal the brain from neurotoxicity?

My friend over smoked meth, now she feels sick...how can she heal the brain from neurotoxicity?
How do you know there is any functional neurotoxicity at all? it is pretty unlikely.

If smoking meth makes you feel sick don't smoke any more meth and guess what, the problem goes away.

If there is severe long term neurotoxicity then the only thing for it is a brain transplant, there are plenty of hardly used brains available at the moment.

The thing is that how long has she has been using and how strong has the stuff been? Also, the way she had used is important to know too.
I'll give you some basic information how it affects.
Meth use affects many parts of the brain.
It fucks up your prefrontal cortex, which gives you your impulse control, control over your emotions, your memory and many other things.
Meth use also destroys your dopamine receptors, which may cause you to have self-inflicted ADHD and depression for a long time.
Supplement called HTP-5 might help you with depression.
Once your dopamine receptors are back working up again, it's all good.
Maybe some permanent damage has been made, but human brains are really strong and our recover real good, it just takes time - It takes time, so you need give it like a year or even many years for your brain to start functioning again normally or close to that.
Meth destroys your ability to self-discipline, concentrate and have good decision making.
In studies it has been found that meth users have far lower cognitive abilities than normal people do and it might affect even your IQ long term use.
When you see or associate with a real hardcore meth user, once you know this information I just gave you, you'll understand the reasons for their behavior very well.
Best regards - DMW

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone have papers comparing dexamph to meth with regards to neurotoxicity? Meth seems to be commonly regarded as being much more toxic though i have a hunch this may be a function of dose more than anything

Anyone have papers comparing dexamph to meth with regards to neurotoxicity? Meth seems to be commonly regarded as being much more toxic though i have a hunch this may be a function of dose more than anything
In rats at least, meth is proven to be more neurotoxicity due to oxidative stress than d-amphetamine. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00702-011-0691-9

But I agree with you about dosage more generally, I don’t think many people take the same size doses of dexamfetamine as the do meth either to get spun or on an ongoing basis when addicted.

In rats at least, meth is proven to be more neurotoxicity due to oxidative stress than d-amphetamine. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00702-011-0691-9

But I agree with you about dosage more generally, I don’t think many people take the same size doses of dexamfetamine as the do meth either to get spun or on an ongoing basis when addicted.
Yeah like if you take 30 mg of dexamph, for a non regular user, that’s a solid dose and will get you where you wanna be easily. With meth I would assume that really even 20 mg could do the same. But many users end up doing much much later doses eventually which obv has issues

Yeah like if you take 30 mg of dexamph, for a non regular user, that’s a solid dose and will get you where you wanna be easily. With meth I would assume that really even 20 mg could do the same. But many users end up doing much much later doses eventually which obv has issues
30 mg dex is the upper end of therapeutic dose and i reckon 100 mg meth prob average recreational dose though new users could start lower.

Yeah exactly, there’s a big disconnect between the dosing on the two that most individuals don’t seem to know about or they don’t care about