• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Neurontin [Gabapentin] dosage

OpiateInfatuate

Greenlighter
I have read the previous neurontin posts and it seems the consensus is that there are hardly any recreational benefits. On the other hand, I have heard good things. For those of you who have taken neurontin and have enjoyed it, what kind of dosage are we talking about here? I have a what i would say is a medium tolerance to opiates, but that wouldn't transfer to a nerve pain drug. From what I've seen the dose amounts are pretty high(2 grams and up). Is this necessary and more importantly safe for a first time user? Have a bottle of 100mg pills.

I've taken it a couple times at parties, and while I can't remember my dosages exactly, I KNOW it was more than a gram. I just remember having really strong tracers and being afraid to drink any booze because I could hardly walk straight as it was. Very crazy loss of balance for me on this stuff. Just my 2 cents.

When I had some I binged on all of it in one night, I think it was 6 grams. I started at 1.5g

I remember reading that it's ridiculously hard (if not impossible) to OD on it, due to the fact that the more you take the less your body can absorb.

Overdoses of Neurontin up to 49 g ingested at one time have been reported in four people, all of whom recovered fully.
Symptoms of overdose included dizziness, double vision, slurred speech, drowsiness, lethargy and mild diarrhoea.
Reduced absorption of Neurontin at higher doses may limit drug absorption and hence minimise toxicity at the time of overdosing.
In patients with renal impairment haemodialysis may be indicated.

2 grams is a good starting dose if your not used to gabapentin. You should get some kind of high off that dose. Since you mention you have a tolerance to opiates taking gabapentin after taking a opiate like morphine, oxycodone or hydrocodone will potentiate the opiate and will increase the bioavailability of gabapentin. This works paticularly well with morphine in my experience.

I get prescribed both since i have neuropathic pain and if i take gabapentin 2 hours after taking the MScontin it increases the nod quite abit especially when you first start taking gabapentin. When i first added gabapentin to the MScontin i was nodding out like crazy. 600mg's with your opiate of choice would be enough to start with.

I took 3 grams the only time i did it and had a really good high. In my opinion better than alcohol and some benzos.

I take 3600 mg a day may move up to 4800 mg on top of my MSContin and all the other shit I take. Ive never noticed any effects that would be considered recreational.

I've been taking GABA for pain from a surgery after the car accident that about crippled me and never noticed any effects. About two weeks ago I tried to off myself by taking over 200, (600mg pills) gabbapentin, lol, little did I know that it was the safest drug to od on because you CANT really od on it. so obviously I feel like a freaking moron so please don't bother telling me again. Anyway, after I threw up some of them at the hospital I felt really good, like a nod lasting for the whole day until I feel asleep. The had me on a heart monitor and a breathing thing for two days and kept me on suicide watch.

I've heard that the less you take, the better. I also heard it can't really be absorbed at higher doses.

With no tolerance, I tried 600mg. It was decent potentiation with some good bud. Kicked it up to 900 mg and I was nodding hard. It had some decent relaxation to it. I don't want to get too much of a tolerance, and also it makes you gain weight, which I definitely don't need. Maybe on my next day off, it will be a decent treat with a fat blunt.

For me, gabapentin gives a nice little buzz when I don't have anything stronger to take. It's better than nothing, and the buzz is actually pretty nice. Like opiate's little sister.

In the beginning, about 2-3 grams would get me nice and floaty. Usually I'd stagger my dose, starting with 2-3 grams and then swallowing bumps as needed. Now, I need about 5 grams to get high. It's a lot, but again, it's better than nothing. Definitely gets me floaty and more social at work, and gives a nice nod before the comedown.

I find taking it on an empty stomach gives a better high, so I usually don't eat for 2-3 hours before I dose.

I take varying doses of it and it gives me a smooth feeling. I am motivated, have energy and am generally productive and have a feeling of well being. I do not use it to get "high", I only use it as a tool. I know some people use very high doses to get visuals and such but I don't take enough for that. Sometimes I get floaters or have a very, very mild "rolling" feeling but it's not worth writing home about. It acts as a mild stimulant for me but also a sleep aid when I'm ready. I prefer pregbalin, which is stronger imo.