Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film netflix-queus, recommendations & tips and tricks

^^okay, I'll just walk down the street to your house...
jk, but no really, I've only seen Jackie Brown and Pulp Fiction and already he's my favorite director. I've got Reservoir Dogs lined up next in my q.

These two merit mentioning:

Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father

This documentary is a heart-wrencher. It will take you from elated to devastated, and leave you in awe of the strength of good people.

Dogtooth: Oscar-nominated Greek film that takes the idea of home schooling to the extreme.

Picture-1.png

Last edited:
^Eh, I just picked an image from what was available during an image search that I thought might get people to try it who otherwise wouldn't. I kind of see what you mean, though, so I removed the picture. I'm replacing it with a different one.

EDIT: speaking of spoilers, don't read any of the Netflix customer reviews of "Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father". The less you know the more affecting it will be, and a few of them mention way too much.

Last edited:
A huge chunk of the Criterion collection is available to stream on Netflix, if you are feeling like getting... cultured.

I watched "Mishima: a life in 4 chapters" the other day...

mishimacover.jpg

and while nothing at all like its cover, aside from being emphatically japanese, it was very good. I went into the film knowing only that Mishima was the architect of a failed coup in the 70s and also was a dramatist—an interesting combo.

Philip glass did the music, its directed by the guy who did the screenplays for taxi driver and raging bull. It jumps back and forth between stylized/theatrical depictions of scenes from mishima's fiction, and his last day when he commits suicide.

^ Yukio Mishima? He wrote a damn good book: The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea. I know he's written others but that's all I've read by him.

/Talking about books in the movie thread.