• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Human Interest Neo-Nazi leader takes MDMA, changes his beliefs

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member

A white supremacist took MDMA for a study, and it snapped him out of his beliefs: 'Why am I doing this?'​

A leader in the US white nationalist movement realized he wanted to change his extreme beliefs after he took the psychoactive drug MDMA as part of a scientific study.

The man, who is referred to by his first name, Brendan, was enrolled in an MDMA study in February 2020, which investigated whether the drug could increase the pleasantness of human touch, according to an adaptation of the book "I Feel Love: MDMA and the Quest for Connection in a Fractured World" by Rachel Nuwer, published by the BBC.

After the experience, Brendan returned a form to the researchers and wrote: "This experience has helped me sort out a debilitating personal issue. Google my name. I now know what I need to do."

The researchers looked up Brendan and discovered he was a white supremacist, who had lost his job after being revealed as the leader of a white nationalist group. Brendan had attended the "Unite the Right" rally in Charlottesville in 2017

Immediately they were concerned as to what "sorting out an issue" might refer to, but when they tracked him down, Brendan revealed that what he needed to do was simply love, as opposed to something more sinister.