• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Negative Side effects from Etizolam ?

mekola

Greenlighter
Hi,

i wanted to ask this to all of you who have been using Etizolam for short or long term,

what kind of side effects do you get ?

Does anyone get the eye lid problem ?

MK

Constant eye twitching, uncontrollable watery eyes, constant facial spasms, like the need to keep stretching my mouth and face out. Really nasty and annoying stuff. My eyes get swollen and red and I look cracked out. The duration and price just isn't worth the side effects. Of course everyone responds differently and a lot of people have no side effects. On Wiki it says that the blepharospasms come after prolonged use, but I noticed it after 2 weeks of 2 mg a day. I can't believe people are taking over 10mg a day of this stuff. Most people report that the withdrawels were mild, but for me they sucked. Felt similar to phenibut but with added horrible depersonalization. They are amazing for sleeping, can't deny that. I think they're fine for occasional panic attacks.

Last edited:
None, zero, ever, and I've gone through 5-900mg over a year or so. I don't dose a specific amount daily and wouldn't notice if I didn't take any for a day.

okay, so better or worse than Xanax/Clonazepam?

in your opinions.

Last edited:
I get in a depressed mood a day/two days afterwards a dose(1mg to 2mg, sticking to 0.5 - 1mg now). feels like mdma-tuesday-blues but not as strong. lasts like a day or two. if i take Etiz ~once a month, or two-weekly maybe weekly effects are not noticed. this is rare side-effect i guess.

still reduces anxiety. still can feel good(high) from the first hour or so than chilled.

I can handle its side-effects easy, (as long as dosing no more than once a week) i noticed a slight increase with anxiety, but its small. goes away.

But few times (out of many/countless times) i got a reaction that put me into a very bad/depressed mood. it was when mostly mixed with alcohol and a certain social situation pops up.

ie; it can be VERY emotional. and it lowers your ambitions strong like alcohol.

i feel it stays in body a long time. 2mg and ill be feeling it hard the next day, 2nd day.

and yea, random face twitches which are not that bad. i sometimes had them before etizolam, but after taking Etiz, i think twitches do get much worse but they go away.

its a very subtle drug, pretty shity drug actually but i still do it sometimes.

Last edited:
On Wiki it says that the blepharospasms come after prolonged use, but I noticed it after 2 weeks of 2 mg a day

Is this just eye twitching, or where your eyelids clamp shut?

I have blepharospasms where the eyes clamp shut which makes it impossible to see for a small duration, I've never noticed an increase in occurrence on etizolam.

feels like mdma-tuesday-blues but not as strong

In hindsight I think I get this, but I never correlated it - It's mild, just like feeling dispirited about everything, may however have been unrelated for me (not caused by etizolam, but my situation at the time).

I don't take more than 4mg/day, I've taken that for a few weeks and stopped with no side effects.

One thing I have noticed, when taking it to sleep after mxe / x-meo-pcp it causes me to sleepwalk, but only in combination.

1-2mg etizolam and 15mg noopept I usually take before interviews, and it works really well for me.

I gave some to a friend which she had after a couple of drinks (she's a heavy drinker cutting down, so a couple is more than manageable for her) but she told me the next day she had an awful hangover.

Last edited:
Worst side effect? A gargantuan and horrendous addiction, one I had to switch to diazepam to get a grip on, and a year later still slowly and gruelingly tapering, with nasty effects, even at a 10% reduction of diazepam a month.

A benzo (or thieno if the pedantic folk want to get all, well, pedantic) addiction is the worst for those prone to them. I'd rather kick heroin ten times over than deal with this BS everyday.

I maintained on 60 mg a day of etizolam for most of 2012, with 100 mg days for recreation. Yes, tolerance builds fast, and yes, I have prior history with benzos. I never got any side effects different than those from classical benzos....less actually.

Use caution, and more importantly, self control...

^^

100mg's a day? Jesus.

But as far as side effects, I never really noticed any from etizolam. When it wore off, I was just back to normal.

Etizolam gives me slight nausea / loss of appetite.
Unlike other benzos, I feel slightly depressed the next day.

amanita-you were using 100 mgs of etiz a day!!?!?!surely of the powder right although i guess it doesnt make a difference..i still dont understand when people say etizolam can be a recreational drug, it just relaxes me, thats it..i dont get happier or more energetic at all, no euphoria either..in fact, most often on etiz i just want to sit around..

ive noticed no eye twitches or any other side effects besides maybe a duller cognitive function...the next day after dosing etiz i will feel slower overall, mentally and physically..i wouldnt call it a depressed state but more of a 'slightly off or hindered' state..

I've been using etizolam for my anxiety issues for the last 2-3 years. I never take more than 1mg a day (skip 1-3 days out of the week).. tolerance is still fine. Can't say i've had any negative reactions. I can't believe some people take 10mg+ thats outrageous! Currently trying to meditate, jog, rock climb, work on art more often etc so I don't have to rely on etizolam every week. Etizolam works better than xanax for me.... I see no point in taking more than 1mg unless i'm coming off mdma or something.

^The point for taking over 1mg would be due to tolerance built up to benzos from previously using them before etiz.

I take around 4mg a day and experience no bad effects at all, im actually more "human" on benzos.. without them i can't function, not due to just addiction but crippling anxiety plus it helps my other psychiatric problems i have.

I also seems to help with depression for me, go figure.. other benzos would chill me out but i would easily get sad/mad and flip out.. not with this though.
Only pro's for me so far.. hope no con's come in the future.

Worst ''side effect'' is getting knocked out cold, into a deep sleep. Its not really a side effect but its not like you can function either when you are fast asleep.

^^

That's only going to happen if you take way too much for your tolerance, as it would with any benzo.

Belfort- yeah I was getting grams on the cheap....started off needing 4 of the Intaas to get an effect due to prior benzo issues....tolerance grew steadily. Then tried to kick a mammoth Kratom addiction, and started using lots more to get through it, sleep, etc....soon it was 4x15mg daily to just maintain....even when I'd take a larger amount to actually get a high (25-40 mg) I remained relatively lucid. Tolerance grew really fast for me....what can I say, I'm a drug pig...

Tapered down to 6-8 mg and got stuck...found a sympathetic doc who switched me to diazepam, been tapering that ever since...

The first time I took 1 mg (and I can take close to 15 Xanax before losing consciousness) I started having tremors in my left hand. I took one today, and again noticed that it wasn't just tremors, but upper left side weakness. I have a bad shoulder, and it is a skeletal muscle relaxant, but the lateralization of the effect was super pronounced.

^The point for taking over 1mg would be due to tolerance built up to benzos from previously using them before etiz.

I take around 4mg a day and experience no bad effects at all, im actually more "human" on benzos.. without them i can't function, not due to just addiction but crippling anxiety plus it helps my other psychiatric problems i have.

I also seems to help with depression for me, go figure.. other benzos would chill me out but i would easily get sad/mad and flip out.. not with this though.
Only pro's for me so far.. hope no con's come in the future.

Quoting myself..
Since then my dose almost doubled.
I am finding the cons to this drug as we speak lol.

-HOOD

Blepharospasms, bitch-tits, beer belly, random leg muscle misfires, decreased and/or non-existant sex-drive, amnesia, delayed reaction speed, memory problems, thought-blocks, and then of course the withdrawal hasn't even begun yet.

Enjoy.

I thought I should add that the man boob thing is real. After using daily for over a year I noticed my chest was swollen with water but a couople months after switching to diclazepam it went away and they changed back into my regular pecks.

Yeah the prolactin release is real and it sucks. I don't mind the twitches and cognitive deficits as much as the physical result of chronic etiz use.