• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Needle stuck in arm

I have no insurance and I can't see it to pull it out the skin immediately closed over it

^ doesn't sound like a good idea though... what if it starts to get infected. then you'll just have to go to the hospital

take it out or have someone do it for ya man. not many options

Just lightly squeeze to locate it and hold it with tweezers and than push it out.
I have no idea about this stuff but its a needle it should peirce through you skin pretty easy.

Use a fluoroscopic guidance using a snare-loop catheter.

maxresdefault.jpg

It's really sad how society treats addicts. We get into situations like this, and then what? Make jokes about it?

Personally, i would try to relax and chill for a while. Come back to it later and try to get it out. If it was worse in a day or two, bite the bullet and head to get help.

This happened to me back in May. Was digging for a vein and the pin broke off in my left arm. I got up and went to the hospital, they xrayed and saw it. Since it was a long tipped pin, they just left it in there cuz they didn't see any danger of it getting IN the vein and travelling to the heart and causing BIG BIG problems. So hopefully it isn't one of those very small pins you are using, IF SO GO TO HOSPITAL, no insurance or not. GO. I would still go if its a long tipped for the reason I'm about to tell you. Just in case

So I went straight to the hospital, like I was saying, they xrayed, saw the pin in there, and decided it wasn't very deep and just below the surface, so they just left it in there, and said it should push out on its own, and they discharged me w/ some antibiotics. So I let it go for a while, taking their word for it, for like a month, and I could feel it poke in there from time to time when I moved my arm, but it had not come out yet. So I was like WTF?? So I went back to the hospital and asked again about it, and they just told me it takes time, but it should work its way out. Discharged again. So this time I let it go again , like a month and a half. Now I think my body is trying to treat it as an infection, because the site is now starting to form a small boil which popped over and over when I squeezed it, lot of pus and debris, like a pimple. I continued to pop it for a week or 2, these pimple like things, until one day I got done popping it, and went to take a shower. I got out and was drying off, I looked at it and thought I saw something hanging there. I thought it was dead skin, so I went to tend to it, and LO AND BEHOLD its shiny head was sticking out of my arm ever so slightly, just enough that I was able to pinch it and pull it out.

After that, the mysterious pimple like thing cleared up and went away. The thing never HURT bad like an abscess or anything, I think it was my body sending white blood cells to attack and kill it. But this is infection isn't it? Now there is a scar left there, which will be there for quite a long time I think. That pin was in there for 3months.

So anyway yeah man, just go to the hospital bro, it is in your best interest. Fuck the insurance shit, and as far as I know they ain't allowed to say shit to anyone unless you're a minor ? It may work its way out on its own , it may not. There are complications which can arise. I think I got lucky. But I have the scar there to remind me be careful, especially when REUSING pins. Hope this helps you and whoever else this happens to. I know I posted this story in another thread somewhere, one of the IV complication threads.

Your life isn't worth keeping an "imagine" up for some random doctors you probably won't see again. Go get the proper help and don't feel ashamed. They aren't going to harass you and its nothing they haven't seen before. Your life is more important than a few people knowing you shot up heroin!

I have had a large needle break off close to a vien like two years ago . its still there an I'm fine. I was worried for 2 months but I didn't go to the hospital because I don't wanna take up room from someone else. I mean its not ideal but it's never hurt me in anyway. When I told my sub doctor he just said it would come out in the future on its own

go to the emergency room in a hospital now. the doctors will not care that you are shooting up, nor will they "tell your parents".

this happened to a friend of mine and the needle actually made inside her and she needed surgery to remove it.

hospitals in the USA have to help you, insurance or not. you may get a bill that you cant pay, that will then go in to collections, thus ruining your credit... but hey, thats the dope game...

how does that even happen? do yoi have parkinson's or something?

How are you getting on dude? I would do as someone else said chill out, relax and come back to it in a bit. Your reasons for not going hospital are not petty. I totally get it. So if it is truly not possible for ppl to know right now suck it up, get what ever you can to dig if out, use your fingers to help guide it out, maybe some ice to numb it.
Maybe even call a friend and use this ax a time to confide in someone. Good luck Hun.