• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

needing peace of mind

P

paranoidishnoob

hi. not a regular opioid user normally but have in the past few months taken 30-40mg doses of hydrocodon, once or twice a week on average, orally no chewing or crushing

tonight i took some old oxycodone hcl and took 30 mg (again, orally) knowing it would be a little stronger. took the 30mg in 5 mg doses spread out over three hours, its been five hours since my last 5mg dose and im scared to go to sleep. experiencing no adverse side effects but having anxiety about respiratory depression (not experiencing it though) and fearing there's a chance i won't wake up. i just need someone to tell me when i'm in the clear in terms of time passing since last dose for overdose. obviously i don;t have a career in opiates and dont know them as well as other things and I know I'm being paranoid. If someone can tell me I'm in the clear or when i will be I will be so happy. seriously just needing peace of mind

thanks yall,

noob

You say you take an average 30-40 mg hydro a couple times a week right? Now you used oxycodone and it does feel more intense (for me anyway). It's been five hours but are you nodding, sweating, nauseated or vomiting? Those are clues of possible overdose. I think you may have taken more than you should have. If you start to experience the symptoms I mentioned, seek medical help. It will probably pass on it's own though. Next time, don't take so much of a drug you're not used to. Also, you need to be careful not to ingest so much acetaminophen, as it's hard on your liver. Be safe!

(anonymous ----- BDD)

30mg of oxycodone is not much, even for someone that is relatively opiod naive. That dose is equivalent to approximately 45mg of hydrocodone. Oxycodone effects do not typically last for longer than 6 hours so if you are not feeling overly sedated, severely nauseated, or your respirations are within normal limits (12-20/min) you should be fine to go to sleep.

It's good that you spaced it out like that the first time, that's always the way to go with a drug you aren't used to. Oxy gets metabolized fairly quickly so most of the effect will have passed by 5 hours, if you were going to pass out or have difficulty breathing it would have happened by now.