• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Need to switch from fentanyl to suboxone for sublocade shot…

Rampage St

Bluelighter
On Monday I need to start the dreaded switch from fentanyl to suboxone. In the past I was able to do so without too much precipitated withdrawal at 56 hours post dose but I’m scared man. Precipitated withdrawal almost killed me one time. I injected a suboxone 24 hours after last fentanyl shot and nearly died.

How long in your experience is enough to safely switch over?

On Monday I need to start the dreaded switch from fentanyl to suboxone. In the past I was able to do so without too much precipitated withdrawal at 56 hours post dose but I’m scared man. Precipitated withdrawal almost killed me one time. I injected a suboxone 24 hours after last fentanyl shot and nearly died.

When you feel sick, and not before. Its hard I know I've been there so many times. I would usually use benzos to make the transition easier. At least I could use them to sleep while I waited.

There's also the bernese method. It works by starting with very small doses of suboxone and you work your way up while you taper off the fentanyl. I've never actually done it but I'm sure you could look it up for more details. But thats the jist of it I believe.

It’s all gonna be dependent on how fast your body metabolizes the fent in your system.

For instance, I’m relatively healthy and in good shape, in my late 30s. I would go 96+ hours, take around 2mgs of sub, and still be thrown into the depths of hell with precipitated withdrawal.

Studies show the average person tests clean after 6.4-6.7 days after their last use of fent, usually illicit street shit. One case showed one person testing hot for 16 days. There’s a correlation between metabolite retention and obesity. Fent is lipophilic.

My thoughts on inducting safely would be that most people likely need to wait 150-168 hours to avoid PW.

Take the info and do as you will with it.

Good luck friend, wishing you the best.
Always, fair winds and following seas

I’ve waited 100-120 and still pwd. It blows man. I would stick to the 150-168.

I use to be fine with 72 hours. Use too… I use to induct with “ease” but after abusing that shit soo much and inducting soo much. I no longer have the luxury of 72 hours.

Next Friday I start my process and I hope 9 days is enough for me to get decent enough to be able to work…. This life is beyond rough and the hard part is around the corner. But I miss being able to chill on the couch and nap/ rest.

It’s time to man up we got this. Much love brother. Hang in there. Keep us posted. Can’t believe methadone is the only “Easy out” solution in the US.

Not down for that process hope we can pull thru.

I’ve waited 100-120 and still pwd. It blows man. I would stick to the 150-168.

I use to be fine with 72 hours. Use too… I use to induct with “ease” but after abusing that shit soo much and inducting soo much. I no longer have the luxury of 72 hours.

Next Friday I start my process and I hope 9 days is enough for me to get decent enough to be able to work…. This life is beyond rough and the hard part is around the corner. But I miss being able to chill on the couch and nap/ rest.

It’s time to man up we got this. Much love brother. Hang in there. Keep us posted. Can’t believe methadone is the only “Easy out” solution in the US.

Not down for that process hope we can pull thru.

This life is rough indeed. We chose to torture ourselves.

I’m getting a sublocade shot I highly suggest it it’s like a free pass out once you get off the fentanyl. Today I start the withdrawal process wish me luck it’s freaking torture

Have you thought of just smoking the fent instead of shooting it for the 2 days before inducing bupe? I’ve tamen bupe less than 8 hours after smoking fent and no PWD. Also, just a side note, where are you even finding fent? I thought that stuff went extinct and in its place emerged the zene/pyne brigade

Have you thought of just smoking the fent instead of shooting it for the 2 days before inducing bupe? I’ve tamen bupe less than 8 hours after smoking fent and no PWD. Also, just a side note, where are you even finding fent? I thought that stuff went extinct and in its place emerged the zene/pyne brigade

What is zene/Pyne??

I shit you not Rampage. I was in process for the sublocada shot I just didn't finish the phone process. My last few visit
This life is rough indeed. We chose to torture ourselves.

I’m getting a sublocade shot I highly suggest it it’s like a free pass out once you get off the fentanyl. Today I start the withdrawal process wish me luck it’s freaking torture
man…. I was in the process of getting the sublocade shot. But I never finished the phone process. My last few visits with the dr were strip refills and reminders to finish the information needed for sublocade. By that time I was not taking strips for few days and using. And by next monthly visit I was able to pass UA.

Wish I woulda got that shot. I’m rooting for you . Keep us updated . Only a few days of hell. We can handle this fucked up shit. You got this