• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need to quit fentanyl

AugustWest333

Greenlighter
Hello,

I have been seeing pain management for years without issue. I would run out of my prescription and take kratom to get me through to my next visit and while it sucked for the first 3 days, I got through it. I met someone that introduced me to “blues” M30s. I began taking those when I ran out of my script and I failed a drug test because I didn’t stop taking them enough days before my office visit. I was discharged from pain management and now I have a full blown addiction to fentanyl. I am taking 10-15 a day. I have gone into debt buying them and I need to stop. I was able to get back into pain management and I receive 120 IR oxycodone each month. Sadly my dose was cut to 10mg.
That being said, can I kick this habit using the oxy? I am mentally trying to prepare myself. I am off from work for two weeks and this is the best time for me to do it. I have considered methadone but I know I will lose access to pain management again and I genuinely need pain management due to various health ailments. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

You are taking 10 to 15 pressed M30's a day?

How much oxycodone do you have? You might not have enough to comfortably kick that level of a fentanyl habit.

Man.. This is a rough situation.. here's my observations and advice.
The dirty thirties I was getting were wildly variant, sometimes had very little fent in them.. sometimes too much, with that being said stay away from them especially if you've gotten back into pain management you do not want to lose the opportunity to be legal. Fact.
Like negrogesic said, you may not have enough to taper gently... 10 to 15 a day is a very high intake..BUT.. However 120 10mg ir OC's should shoulder most of misery..
This is a tough season for you, I hope you can find a pain free life soon... The cycle of pain is multi faceted and has highs and lows.. But ultimately ends in more pain..💯