• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need to go from 70 mg of methadone to Suboxone.

klr0916

Greenlighter
70 mg of methadone to Suboxone. I have been on 70 mg of methadone for roughly 2 years. I worked my way up to 70 mg but have been on that dosage for at least the last year. I am no longer able to go to the clinic and my insurance is going to cover Suboxone. I've been reading that you have to taper down to 30 mg before switching though, however that is not possible for me because I can no longer get to the clinic I was going to. I have not had a dose of methadone in almost 96 hours. I'm not feeling that bad actually… A little bit of withdrawals but nothing to what I have had before. When is it safe for me to actually take the Suboxone? Any help besides just telling me that I need to taper down to 30 mg would be greatly appreciated. I've actually been on Suboxone years ago and it worked wonderfully for me. Just never gone to it coming off of methadone.Thanks

I would wait a week or as long as I could possibly stand. I'm honestly not sure if sub will be strong enough to hold you at that dose of methadone though.

I actually took the sub yesterday, started with a low-dose and worked my way up to 16 mg. And everything seemed to go fine I was even able to go to work and I'm feeling great today. Maybe because it was I was not taking the 70 mg every single day. I would miss a couple of days a week almost every week so who knows maybe the concentration in my blood was not quite that high.

You.need to jump down to 20mg methadone, given to be safe, a 72hr period without it before you start subs. Warning yo now, even with 24mg.bupe a day your still gonna feel methadone WD for a bit, given you get past PWD from possible interaction

My doctor told me 3 days no methadone can take any other opies that might help then he can start me on suboxone! I've heard if u try to fast you go into wd immediately

Has anyone ever tried antytripyline with your methadone? Wow!! He also put a couple bars on top of it as well...