• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need tips on quitting meth

Rainman1964

Bluelighter
My boyfriend and I are planning on quitting meth next month and wanted to know what to expect and what we should do to begin. Thanks for any information.

We have a lot of resources on quitting meth and many have asked the same question. One place for you to start is looking at this thread: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/thread...-v-2-merged-with-amps-quitting-thread.451056/

I’m sure people will also post here on your thread with new ideas and information. But in the meantime if you use the search engine and look for “quitting meth” you will find many personal stories and advice.

My advice is to remember that very few people quit meth permanently first go. Even more so than other drugs, meth seems to trigger relapses. It takes time to recognise your triggers and cravings and how to avoid them.

So don’t put too much emphasis on counting days sober and be happy if you continue to increase the days between any slip-ups and keep on trying.

One thing that will definitely help is burning all your meth contacts and blocking their numbers.

One thing that will definitely help is burning all your meth contacts and blocking their numbers.
So true. The reason I haven't used meth in almost a month or more is because my tweaker friends live very far away from me

this all depends on how long and how much you used.

the low dopamine levels can really do a number on someone when they quit.

if you used not too long I would say your going to crave it and then feel depressed and have no energy.

this with the right nutrients and exercise can be fixed.

if you have been a fiend all your life well it could take years to get the dopamine levels back.

add to that everyone is different and well that's about it.

massive cravings serious depression and no energy.

how long just depends on how much damage you have done to the dopamine system.

as you are both quitting be careful not to make it worse for each other.

its way to easy when your upset to take it out on your partner.

you may need to do this alone if you find you are getting to each other.

don't make any relasionship judgements until this is all over.