View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need some quick answers: Shroom trip around parents

snowdaytoday

Bluelighter
Took a semester off of college to figure some stuff out so I'm living with my parents at the moment. My friends and I picked shrooms the other day and want to trip tomorrow night. My house is the only option really. We want to set up a tent several yards from my house and trip there. There will be 3 of us. Say we just fill the tent up with blankets and pillows and shit and just lay there and listen to music in the darkness of the tent. I'm positive my parents won't bother us. As long as we can manage not to be overly loud do you think we would be fine? We all did roughly 2 grams of cubes a few months back and tripped but it was manageable. Do you think 3 g for each of us in the solitude of the tent would be doable? You think we'd be able to control laughter and shit?

nope. The problem isn't how many g of shrooms, it's being in a tent on shrooms, trying not to laugh. Impossible. I'm snort laughing just thinking about it.

But you should totally go for it , 3g.

Oh yea man, I know we'll be laughing our asses off, I'm just hoping it isn't loud enough to wake up the neighbors!

I'm just trying to determine if 3 guys in a tent on 3 g each would be OK as far as not getting caught by parents. I know my Dad won't check on us so I'm not too worried about that, and even if he did he'd just think I was stoned on some good ass weed lol. I'll be in a tent with 2 close friends and trust in the dark, listening to techno, while rain splatters on the outside of the tent. Sure my dad will be sleeping in the house 30 yards away, but it just seems like a perfect set and setting.

It's definitely not a perfect set and setting, cramped and constricted in multiple ways, take into account the possibility that one of you will want to break free from the small enclosure of the tent and maybe even the enclosure of clothes while you're at it.

Ideal is of course somewhere comfortable where anything goes but difficulties are soothed by the right people who are completely understanding and have some basic experience and knowledge about such things.

Agreed with the Rabbit: if you can't manage such an ideal setting at the least get yourself further removed - if you live in a rural area that might work because you could still stay semi-close for emergencies, otherwise not because being on your own in the middle of nowhere very far from home isn't exactly that safe either.

Honestly if you cannot get the sign-off on that, it would seem to suggest you are not old enough for something like this to begin with. And I don't really want to teach you how to precisely fool your parents.

Is laughter illegal or profoundly not ok in some way? Just trip, live and learn.

I think it depends on ur relationship with ur parents. How would you feel if they know that all of you guys are getting 'wasted' on something? pretty sure they will know it is not just weed.

If your parents are okay with that and trust you 100% then go for it. Because 100% they will know something is up with you guys. They will 100% hear you guys tripping balls in the tent. without a doubt, they are not stupid. re; my orginal question. sometimes you might think you're smater than them, but really they are just letting you do your thing.

We did this when we were young(17 - 18 ) at a friends house. similar situation but the 3 of us tripped in a nice sleep-out house. with parents in the main house. We had a forest back-yard with heaps of land to explore at night so we were not stuck inside. The parents new we were doing some substances,(we did not have to tell them, it was obv from the noise) but they pretty much turned a blind eye and let us have fun. They didn't know it was mushrooms, but i'm sure they new it was something other than weed. As long as we were safe, they were happy. (my friend is Asian) and his mum made us more than enough food in the morning with yummy drinks. it was very awesome. She's very kind.

Last edited:
Well, i mean if you're having a sleep over in a tent outside your parents already know you are having fun in some way that involved being removed from the house. They know you are doing something that they would otherwise not approve of, which is the reason for the tent. As long as you don't set fire to the neighbors house and don't act like a hungover dingleberry in the morning, it'll be smooth.

Meh I was 16 getting on a plane had a shitload of raw shrooms that my brother and I gathered and ate. We were seen off by our parents. My dad was cool, my mum had no clue but our friends kept say "have a nice TRIP". All was ok and I'm sure they new something was up. Standing in an airport bursting into uncontrolled fits of laughter is something crazy people do. Just as well we were not arrested. I'd pitch your tent a bit away from the folks and just say your laughing about something that happened at school, work or even just fooling around if they ask. If your obviously off your head well your busted. Best of luck.

Honestly if I were your dad and heard my son getting all giggly in a small tent with 2 college guys I would be more worried about other things. If they're cool with you laying around and getting stoned on strong weed Id think they'd be pretty open minded about a little shroom trip.

Id be more worried about being forced into an enclosed space with 2 dudes, with nothing to do but lay on the floor with my eyes closed. Not that I haven't closed my eyes and zoned for long periods of time on shrooms. But you're looking at 4-6 hours straight with no alternative.

Am I the only person on Bluelight who doesnt get the urge to randomly laugh, or even laugh often on shrooms?

You could probably do it but I wouldn't if I was you, there's so many better settings and the trip will be way more enjoyable if you wait for a time where you don't have to worry about controlling your laughter and whatnot

I wouldn't worry. But that's because my parents have already heard me laughing my arse off with my friends. We hadn't taken anything.
That reminds me one time at my best friend's place, his mum called us for dinner and the weed milk was just starting to kick in. If we looked at us at the table we would burst out laughing. Impossible to contain. So his mum was like "you two have been smoking again" and my friend was trying to explain that we hadn't (which was true, which made the thing even funnier) and that it was nervous laughter like when in class a teacher tells people to shut up. He had great trouble doing that because of the laughter. That was one the funniest moments of my life :)

My third trip ever was at my parents' house. We were in the attic, which afforded us as much privacy from the family as your idea of a tent in the backyard would (the house is very big and the attic is far from where they hang out, and they were used to us hanging out up there). As soon as we started tripping we broke all of our own rules and went downstairs and encountered them... turned into the most frightening and unpleasant trip of my life. Also your worries and anxieties become extremely amplified while you're tripping, so if you started worrying about them coming out, or your laughter awakening your neighbors, it would very likely begin to bother you significantly. Also, the chances of you wanting to just stay in the tent are next to nothing, you're going to want to explore the world and see nature, ie, exit the tent. I would feel trapped if I had to stay in a tent while I tripped.

Why don't you just camp somewhere in your tent, find a relatively isolated spot to camp at and then you won't have to worry about parents, neighbors, etc.

Last edited:
Here's an idea.
If your parents are cool with you smoking weed, why not hot box the tent while tripping as a cover up. Lawl.

Anyways on a serious note. As others have said this sounds general like a bad idea. I personaly would feel way too restless to sit in a tent with 2 other people during a shroom trip. I'd rather walk around in a park or somthing