Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Need some Advice on SSRIs interaction with MDMA and other drugs

moondogrocks81

Greenlighter
Need some Advice on MDMA/MDA interaction with various other drugs

Apologies if this is not in the right forum category, but this is my first post on this site and I could use some help answering some questions.

I am going to a music festival next weekend (you can probably guess which one) will be hopefully be having a good time while there-Ive aquired MDMA, LSD, ketamine, and MDA to take throughout the 3 days. Ive never done MDA or ketamine, but I am very familiar with LSD and MDMA having done them numerous times. I will also be bringing an adequate supply of cannabis, and possibly some Vyvanse. I will not be drinking any alcohol.

My question relates to the fact that I have been on an SSRI (Zoloft) for a little over 3 months now, for the treatment of mild to moderate OCD (manifesting primarily in pure O-intrusive thoughts and excessive rumination, primarily about said intrusive thoughts). In conjunction with exposure response therapy, it seems to be working well, though at times, especially after I take my daily dosage in the morning,(100mg) it can give me acute anxiety and OCD thoughts (especially if I have caffeine). However these evens out after an hour or so and I am happy with the progress I am making.

After a friend told me that he would not be taking MDA because it is more neurotoxic than MDMA, I did a little research online, and have now realized that my consistent use of an SSRI will have a large factor in the efficacy of whatever of the drugs I end up consuming next weekend, specifically the MDMA and MDA. However I have seen a variety of opinions online as to how it will do so, from completely negating the effects of the MDMA or MDA roll, to mitigating the neurotoxicity of the MDA if I take an SSRI when I'm coming down.

I'm hoping I can get some clarity on this issue, as well as the answer to some specific questions:
  • Should I stop taking my Zoloft now, to allow my serotonin levels to recover and be able to roll?
  • Should I avoid taking the MDA all together because of its neurotoxicity?
  • Is there a certain order or combination in which I should take the drugs to have the most enjoyable and least dangerous experience?
  • Are there any supplements I should take in the lead up to and after this experience to have the best overall experience?

I obviously want to have a positive, enriched experience, and not seriously detract from any progress I have made on my OCD. I'm not really concerned about stopping SSRIs for a few weeks if need be, as I am on a pretty small dosage for my size (210, 6'2 male) and I have done so before with few negative ramifications ( I think primarily because Im being treated for OCD and mild anxiety, not serious depression).

Thanks in advance, and I apologize for my lack of scientific knowledge

Last edited:
Dont stop your zoloft and don't take the mda and mdma. Firstly you shouldn't stop your anti depressant to take drugs, it kind of defeats the whole purpose of you taking them in the first place. You will get rebound effects which aren't very pleasant and will then have to go back on it again.

Secondly its too late to stop taking the zoloft as it stays in your system for a while. You should wait around a month from when you stop taking your anti depressant to taking mdma or mda. I was on citalopram for around a year, tapered off it with advice from my doctor then rolled 2 weeks after and the effects were definitely diminished. You will be wasting the mdma/mda.

The ketamine should be fine though. While i was on anti depressants it was the only thing i touched really.

Put your mental health first.

Awrt is right. After stoping use of an SSRI, it can take weeks or months before drugs like MDMA or MDA can be used effectively. Frankly, your mental health issue does not bode well for LSD use either. If you are improving, I suggest you wait until you have improved enough to stop using an SSRI altogether before attempting this kind of drug use.