• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Need some advice on combining Benzos and Opioids..

evo4ever

Bluelighter
Hey all.

Currently I'm prescribed Oxycodone IR 120mg daily and Pregabalin 150mg daily. I also take Clonazepam which isn't prescribed. About 4 hours ago I took 4mg of Clonazepam and about 20 mins ago I took 90mg of Oxy IR as I'm having an extremely bad Neuropathy flare up :(. Will the Clonazepam I took 4 hours ago interfere with my Oxycodone in terms of pain relief and euphoria or will it dampen it all down? I've got a high tolerance to both drugs so don't freak out over the dosages.

Normally I wont take my Oxy and Clonaz on the same day, but today I have but theres a 4 hour gap between dosing them.

Cheers guys.

Hey EveForever. Hopefully we can help you out here. So, first off, we don't really like the idea of people using Harm Reduction resources as a means to get high(er). We just want to help people who have already decided to use drugs to so safely. It's a philosophical thing and I believe that it helps with our credibility, further attracting future users who need help. You haven't done anything crazy wrong, I just want you to have that in mind going forward. All good!

Be aware that Clonazepam (Klonopin), although having a subjectively fast(er) onset, the peak effects are typically not experienced until up to 3 hours later. This would mean that you kind of lined up this combination to all peak around the same time even if you did so unknowingly.

You don't find that the Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a more effective tool for your neuropathic pain? I'm not advising you to abuse your prescription, but if you're going to be abusing drugs, this might be the better way to go. Pregabalin is more effective on this type of pain per all of the clinical trials that brought it to market and I myself find it effective for neuropathy and pain in general. It's not only more effective, but all signs point to the combination of Opioids and Gabapentinoids to be much less dangerous than an equipotent dosage of a Benzodiazepine. The jury is still out on the ultimate safety of Gabapentinoids in CNS Depressant Overdose as part of a poly-drug cocktail. I'm not saying it's harmless, but it seems to be less harmful. Pregabalin has been shown to reduce the need for Opioid medications post-surgery, but there's a dearth of information on chronic usage for the same purpose.

You know yourself best and I'm not trying to lecture you, but playing with all of these drugs like this is like playing with fire. It's probably all gonna end up okay. On the other hand, you might end up burning down the entire forest. I think while Pregabalin plays a more specific role in analgesia, the Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril) probably exerts its benefits through plain ole' intoxication. Your senses are dulled and so is the pain. Benzodiazepines are often used this way in acute settings, like say someone who has had a lot of Opioid pain medication already, but they are still not experiencing an acceptable level of pain relief. The doc might throw in 5mg Diazepam (Valium) or another relatively low dosage of another Benzo and that produces the desired relief.

You're doing the same I reckon, yet you're not in an observed setting and your only true reference is your own mind, which is not worth much when you're already intoxicated. I've had conversations where I nod off mid sentence only to pick up from that same point ten minutes later. I then accused her of being like the drug gestapo "why won't you accept that I'm clean" :cry:. I'm not implying this is you. It could be though, which is the problem.

When you start incorporating more and more different individual drugs, the end result becomes more unpredictable. Different variables at play in a person's life often lead to them being killed by the same quantity of dope/drugs that they had used previously, safely. I know tolerance is surely at play here, but I still have to say that 4mg Clonazepam and 90mg Oxycodone is nothing to laugh at. When you are operating so close to the line, you really can't afford to sacrifice any predictability. I also get that this is not your usual behavior, however, the fact that you say you use Clonazepam regularly combined with the fact that you deduced pretty quickly that this might be the answer to your problem demonstrates that you might be developing some psychological tendencies toward compulsive usage.

This is only worth mentioning because it means that Benzodiazepines are likely to be a part of your life going forward as well. You also take relatively high levels of Oxycodone daily. Combined with Pregabalin, a relative wild card in this, it makes me worry that you're operating closer to the line than you think. Again, I'm not lecturing you, it's sometimes beneficial to just get a different perspective, especially when we are self-regulating a lot of our thoughts and emotions with this type of stuff.

Hey EveForever. Hopefully we can help you out here. So, first off, we don't really like the idea of people using Harm Reduction resources as a means to get high(er). We just want to help people who have already decided to use drugs to so safely. It's a philosophical thing and I believe that it helps with our credibility, further attracting future users who need help. You haven't done anything crazy wrong, I just want you to have that in mind going forward. All good!

Be aware that Clonazepam (Klonopin), although having a subjectively fast(er) onset, the peak effects are typically not experienced until up to 3 hours later. This would mean that you kind of lined up this combination to all peak around the same time even if you did so unknowingly.

You don't find that the Pregabalin (Lyrica) is a more effective tool for your neuropathic pain? I'm not advising you to abuse your prescription, but if you're going to be abusing drugs, this might be the better way to go. Pregabalin is more effective on this type of pain per all of the clinical trials that brought it to market and I myself find it effective for neuropathy and pain in general. It's not only more effective, but all signs point to the combination of Opioids and Gabapentinoids to be much less dangerous than an equipotent dosage of a Benzodiazepine. The jury is still out on the ultimate safety of Gabapentinoids in CNS Depressant Overdose as part of a poly-drug cocktail. I'm not saying it's harmless, but it seems to be less harmful. Pregabalin has been shown to reduce the need for Opioid medications post-surgery, but there's a dearth of information on chronic usage for the same purpose.

You know yourself best and I'm not trying to lecture you, but playing with all of these drugs like this is like playing with fire. It's probably all gonna end up okay. On the other hand, you might end up burning down the entire forest. I think while Pregabalin plays a more specific role in analgesia, the Clonazepam (Klonopin; Rivotril) probably exerts its benefits through plain ole' intoxication. Your senses are dulled and so is the pain. Benzodiazepines are often used this way in acute settings, like say someone who has had a lot of Opioid pain medication already, but they are still not experiencing an acceptable level of pain relief. The doc might throw in 5mg Diazepam (Valium) or another relatively low dosage of another Benzo and that produces the desired relief.

You're doing the same I reckon, yet you're not in an observed setting and your only true reference is your own mind, which is not worth much when you're already intoxicated. I've had conversations where I nod off mid sentence only to pick up from that same point ten minutes later. I then accused her of being like the drug gestapo "why won't you accept that I'm clean" :cry:. I'm not implying this is you. It could be though, which is the problem.

When you start incorporating more and more different individual drugs, the end result becomes more unpredictable. Different variables at play in a person's life often lead to them being killed by the same quantity of dope/drugs that they had used previously, safely. I know tolerance is surely at play here, but I still have to say that 4mg Clonazepam and 90mg Oxycodone is nothing to laugh at. When you are operating so close to the line, you really can't afford to sacrifice any predictability. I also get that this is not your usual behavior, however, the fact that you say you use Clonazepam regularly combined with the fact that you deduced pretty quickly that this might be the answer to your problem demonstrates that you might be developing some psychological tendencies toward compulsive usage.

This is only worth mentioning because it means that Benzodiazepines are likely to be a part of your life going forward as well. You also take relatively high levels of Oxycodone daily. Combined with Pregabalin, a relative wild card in this, it makes me worry that you're operating closer to the line than you think. Again, I'm not lecturing you, it's sometimes beneficial to just get a different perspective, especially when we are self-regulating a lot of our thoughts and emotions with this type of stuff.

Yeah cheers for the advice. When the Oxycodone kicked in my flare up improved significantly. I dont take the Clonazepam on a daily basis, i only take it as required as in when I have bad flare ups. My normal intake of my prescribed meds is 30mg of Oxy IR 4x a day and 50mg of Pregabalin 3x a day. Tbh I think my Pregab dosage is too low. Im gonna speak to my doc about it.