Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Need opionion on Marquis results

bla-ljus

Bluelighter
Hi.
I'm not experienced Marquis tester and feeling somewhat insecure with the process.
I have something that was sold as MDMA crystal to me. I took a sample powder from the bottom of the bag and put it in to the test tube. I got insecure on the grey reaction (DXM?) though there is certainly purple too. So I went with another test tube. I've heard that it's better to use too little of the substance than to put too much. If one puts too much, it will just instantly go black and one can't judge anything on it.

Here are some images

There is some purple, but also brown/greyish

Another test

Notice the grey and the purple.

1st test tube where I put quite much of the stuff ended up purple though it had some grey to it inbetween.
16j3hbc.jpg

What is your judgement on these pictures? Is this normal and acceptable behaviour? Ie. some adulterants but still one could call this as MDA/MDMA/MDx..
(I have more images if you are interested in seeing how the color changes in 5-10 sec delay)

Last edited:
btw. Now with some 20 minutes delay all the tubes are black and if any color comes out, it's purple.

In the presence of an MD'X' substance the marquis SHOULD turn INSTANTLY black/purple upon contact of the MD'X'.

If it takes 10 + seconds to turn black/purple with a smokey grey reaction it can be an indication of DXM

Also a good tip to better determine the substance is to use a white plate to test the substance with the marquis; making color reactions easier to see. Make sure you turn the plate upside down so the marquis which is corrosive

doesn't leave trace amounts on the side of the plate you eat. If you aren`t sure don`t take it at all or just start VERY small.

Perhaps the grey test tube might give you the impression that there is a grey presence, it looks decent but we can never be 100 percent sure

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments. ( Actually, I'm bit surprised on the lack of comments here. )

The test tube is transparent and made by a company that tries to associate the testing to be eazy. Ie. I don't have reagent which I could pour on plate, but it's already in the tube. I did the testing and photographing against white background on day light so that the colorbalance is not affected by "bad light" from energy saving lights or some such. I got myself a sample of another substance, which has been tested by someone else (both reagent and use). I'll do a test of that and compare results.
Stay tuned...

I think I got MDMA with DXM.
Here are the results from another substance. Notice the lack of smokey color.

The test tube, substance and amount.
TEST RESULTS click for full size (1044px)

In my opinion, there is hardly any smoke color visible on these test results. Thus I'm quite certain to say, the first batch contains DXM.

If understood correctly, DMX may make MDMA trip less touch sensitive and may add light hallucinations.

Last edited:

In my opinion, there is hardly any smoke color visible on these test results. Thus I'm quite certain to say, the first batch contains DXM.

If understood correctly, DMX may make MDMA trip less touch sensitive and may add light hallucinations.

I was wrong.

Last edited:
Perhaps I need to get Mecke or Mandelin test in addition to marquis. Which one would you recomend? Mecke would indicate DXM with clearly different color than MDMA, but on the other hand mandelin would react to methamphetamine, which may also result to brown in marquis.
Perhaps Mecke as reading the DMX stories it sounds worse opinion then Meth..

Dude. Check the databases. That pills does NOT have good reports. I'll send u a PM

You have MDxx, the DXM reaction is not dark black and it's a common misconception that people think they have DXM instead (I made it too back when I was less experienced). Those vials look like a solid MDxx reaction to me! Have a wicked time!

This...I don't se anything in those reactions that say you have anything other than MDxx

There is no smoke color...DXM reaction will turn dark gray and the reaction will produce smoke...an actual smoke...like vapors and shit. its kind of scary.

OK, thank you for everyone commenting on this thread. If I have not mentioned, I'm quite new to MDMA (less than 10 times of rolling) and very new to testing. This is the second substance I've tested. The non-purple reaction got me scared. But now as I've read the comments and searched the web, DMX would be grey. Brown is more likely either amphetamine or MDMA (which is close to amphetamine).
I'm starting to believe that I don't have MDMA mixed with DXM. Thus I might either test it (by using it) or I purchase another test kit (mecke) which makes clear difference between MDMA and DMX. After all, some 30 euro for 10 test kit is small price for one's health and knowledge on what I might be taking and what I certainly am not taking in me.

Dude. Check the databases. That pills does NOT have good reports. I'll send u a PM
Thanks for the PM.
The pills (the second test) have got some good reports in Finland and I have some doubts the referred report from 1.5 years ago is still valid for the pills I've recently aquired. I would assume the rotation is faster, ie nobody would be selling 1.5 year old batch.

But as said in the PM, I truly appreciate your reply.
Thank you,

Yes you should get a full range of test reagents too. It will allow you to be much more confident in your results :)

Little bit of a derail, but what is with the stigma that DXM and MDMA are unsafe together. I think maybe if you were at 110+mg it could start to be dangerous, or a little bit of a werid combination. But even if the pill contained DXM, why would it be dangerous? I don't think there would be sufficient quantity to make you start to trip. Unless I am mistaken and DXM can be used as a good binder, in which case there could be a high quantity of DXM in the pill?? And then if used as a binder, the chemist would be wasting more money, cutting the pill with DXM over filler. Then in that case, the user would pretty much be taking DXM pills and not MDMA.

DXM is a weak NMDA antagonist. Wouldn't a small dose potentiate the roll similarly to how it helps with opiates. People also combine MDMA all the time with ketamine, and it is much stronger in its antagonistic functions. Does DXM have other properties that make it more dangerous when combined with MDMA compared to ketamine?? I was under the impression that they are all in the same chemical family.

MDMA + DXM - The stories I read from erowid.org made me want to avoid DXM. Though most of them share the common thing of people thinking they got MDMA but got DXM and most likely took too big amount of DXM to have any fun and also they were expecting MDMA high, not DXM high. Not everyone likes DXM as recreational drug.

This current batch of crystall I have should be enough for me for quite some time. Because of the amount, I rather be sure on what I get. It's too valuable to just toss it away and replace with another batch. So as end result, I'll be purchasing additional reagent(s). Mecke for sure, perhaps also mandelin.

But even if the pill contained DXM, why would it be dangerous?

combining mdma and dxm can lead to serotonin syndrome. dxm must not be combined with anything that releases serotonin (mdma and the like) or inhibits its removal from the synaptic cleft (ssri's, maoi's).

^ No they cause serotonin syndrome and can kill you when combined

Depending on how much supply of this you have you can always send one to ecstasydata for laborartory testing. It comes with a price but it is worth it

Well i had some green maples some time ago and they were deffinetly MDXX High

Depending on how much supply of this you have you can always send one to ecstasydata for laborartory testing. It comes with a price but it is worth it

For powder substances testing is $100 plus postage which is kind of steep for me. That's pretty much in par on what I paid for the stuff. I've purchased Mandelin & Mecke tests, waiting them to arrive. I'll post the results here. If the results look bad, I'll use the ~$100 to get new stuff than to send this one to testing. It would be a different thing if I'd have $500 or more worth of this stuff...

For powder substances testing is $100 plus postage which is kind of steep for me. That's pretty much in par on what I paid for the stuff. I've purchased Mandelin & Mecke tests, waiting them to arrive. I'll post the results here. If the results look bad, I'll use the ~$100 to get new stuff than to send this one to testing. It would be a different thing if I'd have $500 or more worth of this stuff...

Well you could just stick it in a capsule before you send it, capsules are 40$ IIRC correctly, I may be wrong.