• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need opinions fast.

fermonos

Bluelighter
Okay so I done 300mg Codeine 4-5 hours ago. Still feeling it pretty well right now, I have a pretty decent opiate tolerance so this isn't a problem for me.

However, I have some 0.5mg Xanax here. I've never taken any benzo before but I have acquired these myself due to severe anxiety I have. I need to go out soon (15 mins or so), and this is when my anxiety is at it's worse. Would it be safe to take 0.5mg Alprazolam for my anxiety considering I have been on opiates not so long ago?

Also what would be the max safe dosage if 0.5mg isn't helping.

Thanks

The safe answer is no, it would not be safe to mix opiates and benzo's when you do not have any tolerence for benzo's.

I would NOT do it, even a "small" dose as 0,5 mg Xanax.

What about 0.25mg?

Oh actually I had Midazolam IV for a tooth extraction. Although this was sometime a go. Maybe a year.

Last edited:
Something taken once a year ago does not count.

I stand by my advice. Stay away from benzo's. You might be fine, but you might also end up in a lifethreatening situation.

Mixing opiates and benzos are safe despite popular belief only if you are taking them under a doctor's discretion I see no problem taking one lortab and a .5 of Xanax those are like starting doses anyways given the doctor gives you only 5 mg of hydrocodone

Mixing opiates and benzos are safe despite popular belief only if you are taking them under a doctor's discretion I see no problem taking one lortab and a .5 of Xanax those are like starting doses anyways given the doctor gives you only 5 mg of hydrocodone

Yeah but I am self medicating on both substances. Also I took 300mg Codeine all at once but like I said it was almost 10 hours or so before I took the Xanax. I ended up taking 0.5mg anyway then another 0.5mg 45 minutes later. I was sedated a little but that's it, I felt like I really had a major case of respiratory depression because my breathing was super shallow and I had to manually breathe myself.

Although after the second 0.5 Alprazolam around 15 minutes into that I felt like I was breathing fine again, I think it was just all in my head to be honest.

As you already know playing with this combination is fire, what baffles me is people use this combination thinking it's going to intensify their opiate High when in reality it does not at all, I used to play the methadone clinic game for years and would have use benzos so much swearing it was potentiating my methadone but in reality it was just making me feeling tired as f***, actually so tired I am sure if I fell asleep without anybody around me I probably would have died as my father a couple times had to wake me up and tell me my breathing was way to shallow, I was on 160 mg of methadone and was literally eating 5 to 10 Xanax bars a day and I was not getting this Superior High I see everyone at the clinic getting nodding off everywhere it just made me tired and miserable, luckily I broke that habit because I'm sure I would be dead by now by mixing them to two. I don't know if my genes are different but it sure takes a lot for me to even overdose I build a tolerance to benzos and opiates so fast and so together that I can never seem to get a synergistic effect at all, I honestly don't ever recall overdosing mixing the both.

Your situation is either going to be this you are going to become tolerant to both substances and will be ineffective and effects or you could possibly have a near-fatal combination by self-medicating. I have learned fast as being on benzos for over 10 years that you cannot take them everyday if you want them to be effective after taking it the second day in a row you might as well say you're wasting your pills because when you take them they are going to be ineffective