TDS Need motivation from the community I love

Imagine how different things would be now if you had. I just refused some greaaaaat THC concentrate this morning which was very hard for me but also gives this kind of natural dopamine release because I realize I'm doing something to further my success and it truly is a good decision for me not to smoke weed right now.

Alright I'm joining the US Army.

Don't know how this is gonna work but I'm quitting weed as of today and I'm gonna go to a recruiter tomorrow.

Thanks for all the support. The last time I was gonna join the military, I backed out last second. I'm not gonna make that mistake this time. This life of being homeless and watching my family grow away from me as I sit here and suffer is too tiring to keep up. The military is money, housing, food, and all sorts of other benefits. I'm gonna get a non-combat job and go to college after.

Love you guys. <3

I really hope this works out well for you man, truly! :)

Thank you! I'm glad to have you all on my side. I will go to the US Army recruiting office today or tomorrow if it is closed and go from there. Gonna start exercising like a mad man for BT.

Well. I got a ticket for "sleeping in the park after hours (2-5am)" in Venice Beach after sleeping in the SAME SPOT FOR OVER A FUCKING MONTH RIGHT NEXT TO THE FUCKING POLICE STATION. I did some research and I cant enlist before going to court and paying the fine. So im fucked for another 3 months. My court date is in Beverly Hills in Feb, 2018. WHAT DO I DO. IM GOING TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK. I CANT STEAL FOOD EVERY DAY UNTIL I CAN AFFORD A 250$ TICKET FOR SOME BULLSHIT. Please help me.

Im so lost and tired. Im gonna end up doing something really drastic like robbing some really rich person in Manhattan Beach for some money to start something. I miss my mother and I will not have my life ruined BY SOME FUCKING PIGS WHO ARE GOOD FOR NOTHING BUT FUCKING COOKED BACON. I HAD NO WHERE ELSE TO SSLEEP WHAT WAS I SUPPOSAED TO DO. FUCK. I'm gonna go get some more alcohol and drain my brain cells away while my life dies naturally.

What a bummer. OK, try to calm down and think clearly. You will never get in the military if you rob a person--that will be a felony that will truly fuck everything up way more than a 3 month delay. There are places to get food--especially at this time of year.

Drinking sounds like a horrible idea. Get yourself to someplace safe--even an AA or NA meeting where you can try to get some perspective, get a free cup of coffee and a snack. You are discouraged and tired and panicking--this is a dangerous place to make any decision from.

Go home kiddo
You're planning to follow thru on your folks stipulation (enlistment ) so go home. Eat well sleep well get healthy so you can Enter the military as a Healthy dude.

If you enlisted today likely your MEPS physical would get ya booted out the fkn door.

I saw ya got a ticket. If your folks would cover the fine you'd be able to leave the county you're in n not be required to appear in magistrate court go hooooooome

IF I HAD THE MONEY I WOULD HAVE BEEN GHOME> FUCK THE BULLSHIT<> Ive had two fiull nottles of wine and fuck every other opinmion. if i could go home i woiuld. dont you understand?> i fucking hate it here. stop talking about home. i can t go tjher ewithout 40$ or more.

I'm sorry I misunderstood. I thought your folks would support you including travel if you agreed to their guidelines. I'm sorry.

Damn, I don't remember alot of last night. I apologize for being rude man I really do. I was told by my friend I was being a little erratic in Starbucks and hiccuping nonstop. I don't even remember where I drank the second bottle of wine. I talked to my mom and she said she'd be willing to pay to restore my identity (social, birth cert, and ID) and she'd pay for the ticket if I go into the military. The problem is that the court date isn't even til February so I don't know what to do til then. Woke up this morning with an anxiety attack. Think it might be rebound anxiety for the alcohol? Not sure. Wasn't worried about too much except that it was cold af on the beach this morning.

I cannot go home. This is not a traveling adventure. This is me being homeless after being kicked out of my house and no they will not take me back. All of this was said above you should read the whole thread for the info. I didn't know that I could just leave the county and not have to go to court! Is that true? I'm in LA county and my home town is in Riverside county. Can someone with knowledge in the law confirm or deny this? And if I don't have to go to court, where and when do I send the 250$ fee? Can I just bring it to the courthouse?

Woke up this morning with an anxiety attack. Think it might be rebound anxiety for the alcohol

More than likely. You do seem a little (understandably) unstable atm mate :( I'd give you a sofa to sleep on and food to eat if you were in my city. Try not to drink so much if you can.

Your Mum sounds like she's on board - are you going to accept her help if the legal thing proves no issue?

I was just saying If You had a way to pay the fine (for example if your folks paid it online ) then usually you are free n don't have to do court.court IS generally for fighting a ticket or talking the judge into giving you a payment plan.

Check with the courthouse on it i guess.

And yes I read the whole thread but your posts bounce back & forth between yes going home vs going home is not an option. So.....

Yeah If the ticket has an amount, you can pay it before the court date and not have to go to court, otherwise it's a notice to appear

I cannot go home. This is not a traveling adventure. This is me being homeless after being kicked out of my house and no they will not take me back. All of this was said above you should read the whole thread for the info. I didn't know that I could just leave the county and not have to go to court! Is that true? I'm in LA county and my home town is in Riverside county. Can someone with knowledge in the law confirm or deny this? And if I don't have to go to court, where and when do I send the 250$ fee? Can I just bring it to the courthouse?

You will have to pay the fine eventually. There is sometimes a work exchange option. The one thing that I think could make a huge difference for you right now would be to learn to ask for help--not from your family but from social services. The first step has to be getting sober and staying that way so that you can begin to think clearly and not make impulsive decisions that dig the hole deeper. There are many resources for people in the greater LA area. I'm not saying they are perfect just that they may offer a step up.

Look, you have two extremely stressful things going on: 1) you are divided from yourself in a very dangerous way. What I mean by that is that you are feeling out of control and so you are acting that way which just becomes a self-feeding loop. In your first post you talked about what could have been. None of that is gone. You can repair your relationships, you can still go to college if that is truly something you are motivated to do (and not just because that is the prescribed middle class path). You can be in control of your thoughts and decisions again. It's really, really important not to let current circumstances define you in your own head.
2) You are living in a way that creates stress and trauma every night and every day. I sympathize with your fears and panic. It is both understandable and rational to feel the way you do in these circumstances but here is your golden opportunity: make changes by yourself for yourself. That is how I got out of my situation years ago. There is no way around it--only through it. And once you start to be the advocate and the friend and the wiser mentor to yourself you will have so much stamina for the inevitable hard times in life.

Stay strong and start making calls and finding resources. I'm going to look into some now and I'll post back later today. Hang in there.

You will have to pay the fine eventually. There is sometimes a work exchange option. The one thing that I think could make a huge difference for you right now would be to learn to ask for help--not from your family but from social services. The first step has to be getting sober and staying that way so that you can begin to think clearly and not make impulsive decisions that dig the hole deeper. There are many resources for people in the greater LA area. I'm not saying they are perfect just that they may offer a step up.

Look, you have two extremely stressful things going on: 1) you are divided from yourself in a very dangerous way. What I mean by that is that you are feeling out of control and so you are acting that way which just becomes a self-feeding loop. In your first post you talked about what could have been. None of that is gone. You can repair your relationships, you can still go to college if that is truly something you are motivated to do (and not just because that is the prescribed middle class path). You can be in control of your thoughts and decisions again. It's really, really important not to let current circumstances define you in your own head.
2) You are living in a way that creates stress and trauma every night and every day. I sympathize with your fears and panic. It is both understandable and rational to feel the way you do in these circumstances but here is your golden opportunity: make changes by yourself for yourself. That is how I got out of my situation years ago. There is no way around it--only through it. And once you start to be the advocate and the friend and the wiser mentor to yourself you will have so much stamina for the inevitable hard times in life.

Stay strong and start making calls and finding resources. I'm going to look into some now and I'll post back later today. Hang in there.
This post meant alot to me. Thank you man. :) I agree with you 100%. It's just a constant struggle with me. You are right about finding resources though. I am going to look up some places. I don't have a phone which makes things very hard. I cannot call on this computer. I can basically find an address and walk alllll the way there for just a chance. I am in Manhattan Beach and everyone here is rich as fuck. Me, my friend, and two other people are like the only homeless people here. I was in Ralph's the other day getting my wine and I eavesdropped on these worker ladies talking mad shit on homeless and how "they have a guy who sleeps on the loading dock and they JUST LET HIM STAY THERE? like what?" Like fuck off lady we are just trying to find a place to rest our head at night you whore.

Anyways I will get through this somehow someway. Thank you for taking some time to help me and hopefully we can find a good shelter or program that will benefit me from my situation atm.

Yeah If the ticket has an amount, you can pay it before the court date and not have to go to court, otherwise it's a notice to appear
Well that's not good. It had no amount on it. Just a notice to appear in Beverly Hills court in February. I know it's a 250$ ticket because I've had many friends in Venice who have had the same ticket. My last friend told me the judge felt bad and just gave him the order to attend two AA meetings. I went to get free coffee and donuts one day and the AA meetings were right there and I saw him and our other friend drunk as hell in the meeting. They got it signed and had no issue. My issue is time. I cant wait 3 months to pay this, I cant stand living this way.

So I walked to this church and they just straight up gave me 53$ cash when I told them my story and my plan. Thank you Herbavore, I am saved for a little longer. Although my dumbass went straight to a pancake house and spent 10$ on chicken tenders and fries because im hungover and starving but appetiteless for canned soup.