• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Need insight and advice please

orenji

Greenlighter
Hi guys. SWIM needs some assurance here. SWIM had a bit of an intense experience on New Years.

SWIM's cousin told us that the MDMA he had was the best he's tried. His word was trusted as he has had a lot of experience with drugs and SWIM has rolled 3 times prior and has always had a pleasant experience. SWIM ended up taking 3 pills through out the night (not sure how much was in each pill). Second pill was 30 minutes after the first one, as the first one generally doesn't do much to SWIM. The third one was probably 4 hours in. SWIM made sure to PRE-LOAD on supplements consisting of:

5HTP (12 hours before and after roll)
200mg+ Magnesium (proper form - 1hr before roll)
500mg Quercetin (1hr before roll)
R- Lipoic Acid (100mg before and every 2 hours of the roll)

The one huge factor SWIM was not counting on was the Ketamine SWIM's cousin brought. SWIM did one bump as soon as the first peak of the roll hit. SWIM did not know what to expect so the numbness came as a surprise for her. She associated the numbness immediately with a heart attack and began to panic. Heart rate went up and made her more nervous. Her friends helped her through it and once the ketamine wore off she enjoyed her roll but it was different than her other experiences. It was much more intense, as if she could not close her eyes even if she wanted to. Her mind would not turn off and it was constant talking. Her last experiences were more euphoric and laid back and she enjoyed the presence of others.

SWIM took her first pill at 11:30pm and felt the effect til 8:30am and could not sleep. Since then, it has been constant restlessness and agitation. It has been 3 days since then, and SWIM does not feel like herself. She is uncertain if it is due to the panic attacks or serotonin syndrome. SWIM has done research and realizes S.S. is rare but the fear is still in SWIM due to the panics. It seems to be worse when SWIM wakes up. She also feels shakyness and weakness; Trouble focusing and has had sharp pains behind her eye that comes and goes. SWIM's tummy also seems unsettled. These are all symptoms of Anxiety Disorder but also fall along the symptom's of S.S. which makes SWIM scared.

SWIM needs some assurance and suggestions as to how to overcome this. She feels overwhelmed and it is making her feel like this is not improving. SWIM is trying to take vitamins and did cardio yesterday.

Does anyone think continuing 5-HTP supplement would help? Is this a good idea even though it could be mild S.S.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... SWIM feels horrible and has never had a panic attack before. SWIM feels like a hypochondriac now... *sigh*

Last edited:
Everything your asking can be found in stickies. Read. Especially the SWIM part. It's annoying. I almost decided not to read your post bc of it, but everyone is new once. Welcome to Blue Light. Consult your PCP about medical reccomendations. With all that being said...you have a drug hang over. If you don't feel better after some time. Then start worrying. SS is something very serious and medical emergency. You probably did NOT experience this. I'd stay away from pre loading 5 htp (which is why I'm assuming your making the assumption you had SS). So basically chill out. It's the dark side of drug use that we all accept by our actions. Things will get better if you let them. The more you stress and worry, the harder and longer your recovery will become. Ps. I do post load with 5 htp for 5 days post use and It helps me to not have a come problems but at the end of the day IMO it's bells and whistles. Sunshine, diet, exercise, and positive vibes is all you need to heal.

serotonin syndrome typically is an acute condition that goes away when the drugs causing it are out of your system. so even if you had serotonin syndrome it would be long gone by now. also the substances you took (given that you have tested your "mdma" and you don't take any medication you haven't listed) do not cause serotonin syndrome in healthy people.
btw, if you were having serotonin syndrome taking 5-htp is among the worst things you can do.

Everything your asking can be found in stickies. Read. Especially the SWIM part. It's annoying. I almost decided not to read your post bc of it, but everyone is new once. Welcome to Blue Light. Consult your PCP about medical reccomendations. With all that being said...you have a drug hang over. If you don't feel better after some time. Then start worrying. SS is something very serious and medical emergency. You probably did NOT experience this. I'd stay away from pre loading 5 htp (which is why I'm assuming your making the assumption you had SS). So basically chill out. It's the dark side of drug use that we all accept by our actions. Things will get better if you let them. The more you stress and worry, the harder and longer your recovery will become. Ps. I do post load with 5 htp for 5 days post use and It helps me to not have a come problems but at the end of the day IMO it's bells and whistles. Sunshine, diet, exercise, and positive vibes is all you need to heal.

Thank you... I apologize for not reading or annoying you... I wasn't feeling my best and still am not, but I was just seeking for some feedback as soon as possible. Thank you for deciding to read my post and giving me your insights regardless. I really appreciate it you have no idea how much it helps to calm the nerves. I'll definitely avoid HTP5 prior to doing anything in the future. Post-use, I tried it yesterday and it worked wonders. I felt much more calm. I guess you live and learn. I had never experienced anything like this prior so it freaked me out. Thank you for your tips. I'm going to hit the gym tomorrow and try to do some cardio to help the recovery. I will definitely keep your tips in mind next time.

Last edited:
serotonin syndrome typically is an acute condition that goes away when the drugs causing it are out of your system. so even if you had serotonin syndrome it would be long gone by now. also the substances you took (given that you have tested your "mdma" and you don't take any medication you haven't listed) do not cause serotonin syndrome in healthy people.
btw, if you were having serotonin syndrome taking 5-htp is among the worst things you can do.

Thank you for responding. The panic-like state is getting better by day. I'm not at 100% but I feel better than yesterday, which is a good thing. The fact that I assumed it was S.S. was due to the panic-like state I was, I'm sure. I took an HTP5 yesterday and it helped me calm down. Today I haven't taken anything and I still feel better. The only thing that is probably bothering me a bit is a dull pain that comes and goes in my kidneys, so I'm drinking as much water as possible. I'm also getting a slight pain on my lower right abdomen that comes and goes. But, I'm assuming it's the body recovering from the torture I put it through :\ Thank you again for your response :)

welcome and i wish you a quick recovery.

did you forget to drink on your experience? the only time i have had kidney pain in the days afterward was when i lost my water bottle some time during the night and didn't bother to get a new one (because the music was too good to leave ;) ).