View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need information on 2C-B

king0

Greenlighter
I'm looking for a new drug to do in clubs or hanging with friends and music, getting bored of drinking alcohol all the time and MDMA is just a few times a year thing for me. Looked into LSD and shrooms, want something a bit tamer as I'm not sure about doing psychedelics. Someone recommended 2C-B at lower doses.

Haven't found information as readily available as other drugs, so I have some questions -

-What's the comedown and the proceeding days like?

-How do is act on the brain? For example I know MDMA is a lot to do with serotonin.

-Possible to have a bad trip on social doses? Not looking to properly trip, just something to enhance a night out with visuals and increased empathy and so on. Wouldn't take it if I was in a bad frame of mind, but will properly be a bit anxious trying something for the first time.

-Is there a recommended in between time for doses? Days, weeks?

Any other information would be great, just trying to learn as much as I can before deciding to take it, I like to be well prepared.

it sounds good for your needs. it's similar to mdma but with less serotonin release and more visual stuff. there's always a chance that you could have a bad trip, but it's much less likely than with shrooms or lsd.

i found the comedown to be quite abrupt and just leaving me feeling drained and a little spaced out. couple of valium, a beer and bed and i was grand. the next day wasnt too bad at all. i'd take this drug infrequently, maybe leaving weeks/months between doses.

it sounds good for your needs. it's similar to mdma but with less serotonin release and more visual stuff.

2C-B is a serotonin releaser? I thought it was just an agonist.

edit: yeah, it can't give you serotonin syndrome so it's just an agonist, not a releaser.

As above - 2C-B does not release serotonin like MDMA; it's a serotonin receptor agonist.

I'm fed up of people comparing 2cb and MDMA. It's really misleading. They may share some similar surface effects but ultimately they are totally different drugs, 2cb is firmly in the psychedelic class and MDMA firmly belongs with the other MDxx drugs. I don't think 2cb personally would work great as an 'MDMA replacement' as I don't like tripping in the kind of environments where people normally take MDMA. There's no reason 2cb would be more suited than any other psychedelic, just depends what your favourite psychedelic is. Personally i thought mescaline had the most similar effects to MDMA of all the non-MDxx drugs I've tried, but still very obviously a different class of experience. If you like tripping in that environment then go for it, but don't expect an MDMA like experience at all, esp if you're taking anything over 10-15mg.

Also, 2cb like other psychedelics doesn't release any serotonin (that we know) and therefore doesn't really have a 'comedown' or anything like that... There is just the good/bad trip risk as usual and the way that goes will affect how you feel after

I agree.

I'm fed up of people comparing 2cb and MDMA. It's really misleading. They may share some similar surface effects but ultimately they are totally different drugs, 2cb is firmly in the psychedelic class and MDMA firmly belongs with the other MDxx drugs. I don't think 2cb personally would work great as an 'MDMA replacement' as I don't like tripping in the kind of environments where people normally take MDMA. There's no reason 2cb would be more suited than any other psychedelic, just depends what your favourite psychedelic is. Personally i thought mescaline had the most similar effects to MDMA of all the non-MDxx drugs I've tried, but still very obviously a different class of experience. If you like tripping in that environment then go for it, but don't expect an MDMA like experience at all, esp if you're taking anything over 10-15mg.

Also, 2cb like other psychedelics doesn't release any serotonin (that we know) and therefore doesn't really have a 'comedown' or anything like that... There is just the good/bad trip risk as usual and the way that goes will affect how you feel after

Last Saturday I took 2cb for a house party, and it probably was a bad idea. During the peak I felt extremely awkward and was pretty much unable to socialize. As the night wore on and I had some beer, I got into this magnificent state of lucid kind of trippy drunkenness, but I think the individual variability on that makes it a potential for a bad time.

I really think the large divide between phenethylamines such as 2cb and tryptamines and ergoloids is kind of hazardous and misleading. Yes, 2cb is much more visual per arbitrary unit of mindfuck, and less prone to cause universe ripping thought loops, but it is still a psychadelic and all of the psychadelic weirdness will be there. If you wouldn't take lsd or mushrooms at an event you probably wouldn't want to take 2cb at the event, because they are more similar than different.