• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need info on drug screening

wkd556

Greenlighter
Apologies if this is in the wrong place, please move if so!

So I've been taking opiates 5 years, and I have mastered a huge poppy tea addiction in which I always obtain very potent seeds. Tried to kick the habit but withdrawal is just a big no, it lasts too long with Poppy Tea. I take codeine alongside the tea most days(300mg)

So recently I've been offered Bupeneorphine from my local drug service to get me off the tea.

I have a drug screening in 6 hours, and they have to detect morphine in the urine and saliva to qualify for the bupe program. Only thing is I don't have any poppy tea until after the test and my last dose was 18 hours ago and I only have my codeine available..so my questions are:

Would they still detect the morphine from my tea yesterday in the saliva and urine?

And if they wouldn't detect it could I take codeine before the test since it converts to morphine? And then I should test positive for morphine in both saliva and urine?

Just making sure they detect it.

Many thanks guys!

all opiates test positive for morphine im almost positive threw urine and the tea alon e im sure stays in your pee 3 days

Well the results came back from the mouth swab, and I tested positive for opiates and 6-MAM.

Very interesting that I tested positive for 6-MAM, considering I've never touched heroin and studies say 6-MAM isn't present in poppy seeds.

What exactly did you take before the test? The day before and the day of?

Did you have aspirin with the poppy seeds? I read somewhere that can be a cause of false positives for heroin

Did you have aspirin with the poppy seeds? I read somewhere that can be a cause of false positives for heroin
Actually looked into this, found this. Really quite interesting but the vinegar makes a difference also.

The day before and day of the screening all I had was codeine phosphate (30mg) and poppy seed tea. I have never taken aspirin in my life, and no I haven't consumed any vinegar either