• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

need help with opiate detox using kratom

jesi

Greenlighter
sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere, I'm going to start a heroin detox using kratom. I haven't been able to find any information on when it's safe to actually start the kratom after the last use of the opiate. or does it not really matter how long you should wait? I'd appreciate any info, thank you.:)

If it was me i would wait until i started feeling the first signs of withdrawal until i introduced the kratom. How much heroin/day are you coming off?

It doesnt really matter ( its not an antagonist like bupe ) but you would probably see the best results if you dont take it until you are in withdrawals.

I started coming off a couple weeks ago with methadone and I got down to taking like 5mg or little less a day and I relapsed. So this week I've been doing anywhere from like 5-12 or so bags a day

Okay so its better to wait a bit, but if I take it when I start to feel minor symptoms or a little before that's okay? That way I can may be already have it starting to kick in before I get really uncomfortable.

The only reason i'd say wait until you start to feel a little uncomfortable is because kratom can sometimes have unpleasant symptoms when mixed with other opiates.

Kratom isn't going to put you in precipitated withdrawals but it was always my preference to wait until i started feeling kinda shitty before i dosed.

Okay cool I gotcha. Thank you so much.
Yeah its obviously my first time trying it.. This girl I met came off of methadone using it to help her and she swears by it so I figured why not give it a shot. I got the O.P.M.S silver mitragyna speciosa (leaf in capsules)
They didn't have the gold brand in stock so I grabbed that

If you can get your hands on some powdered leaf and can stand to swallow multiple grams of plant powder then that would be your most consistent and financially friendly option. I'll admit it's pretty harsh trying to swallow 5+ grams of powdered kratom but it'll be cheaper then the capsules and will ensure that your body digests all the plant material.

I wouldn't trust any brands that don't list the strain of kratom, there are red, white, and green vein strains and are named by where they are cultivated, an example would be "Red Thai." Not to say that all brands that list these names are good but respectable distributors of kratom generally use this system.

If you don't get results immediately with powdered leaf don't give up, kratom is much less potent than heroin. With a habit like yours you might need quite a bit of kratom, possibly 6-10 grams, to get relief. This quote is for powdered or plain leaf kratom only, if you are using extracts they will have a greater and less predictable potency.

I'd start by finding out whether you have powdered/plain leaf kratom or a kratom extract. If you have plain leaf i'd start with 3 grams as a test dose to make sure you can tolerate it. If you can handle that dose and it doesn't give you relief step it up by a gram or two until you hit your desired dose. If you find that you have an extract then we can't help you on dosing instructions since we have no idea how potent the extract is.

Good luck

We don't do brand discussion here but it appears to be powdered leaf. I can't speak for authenticity or quality of the product though

What about alcohol and kratom? You think ill be alright if I had a couple drinks before or during?

You should take kratom for at least a week before you mix alcohol with it. In rare cases kratom causes acute liver toxicity, if you are one of the few that has this side effect it might become apparent within a week. Get your liver checked out by a doctor while you are taking kratom, if you can afford a doctor i suppose.

If you just mean a few social drinks or a few drinks after a long day then yeah that's fine as long as everything seems alright after taking kratom for a little while. Kratom doesn't seem to cause CNS depression the way regular opiates do so you won't OD from mixing it with booze. That being said you might end up feeling violently nauseous if you mix the two and haven't fully adjusted to the kratom.

Okay cool thank you.

I had one drink that evening, and I took 3grams of the kratom a few hours later (around midnight), about an hour or so after I couldn't keep my eyes open. And then I had to pee so bad lol... I didn't want to get up, but eventuating I did and then I was wide awake. I took 3 more at 3:40am and was still wide awake, I took more later on and made myself nauseous. I was wide awake and felt like shit. At that point it was like 8am.
Do you think I should just take a higher amount the first initial dose? Or maybe mix the red strain in ( I heard red go to bed, green in between, white on a flight) .

^Yeah those little sayings are for the most part true. Did you feel like shit from withdrawal or from too much kratom? It's going to take a little while to get acclimated to the side effects of kratom so you might not be able to hit a dose that completely alleviates your withdrawal symptoms without making you feel like shit.

Okay that makes sense. Yeah I'm not sure.. I definitely felt like shit from the withdraw symptoms, but I think the kratom did it also bc I took like 14 grams all together. I was hoping it would get me tired. And I had taken a few benodryl also.
So maybe I'll try taking a little more the first dose

Last edited:
Do you think I should try mixing the 2? And maybe start with what like 6g or so?

Mixing two different strains of kratom? Sure you could try that, i don't know if it would really help at all but it would definitely give you more consistent results.

I too am also just trying Kratom for some withdrawal symptoms. I am on day 3 and couldn't take it anymore since I've been doing research and came across it and I found some at a local smoke shop. The guy behind the counter seemed pretty knowledgeable about it and said it would definitely help with the withdrawal symptoms. I took about 6 capsules about an hour ago and it didn't really make me feel any different but it seems to have taken a little bit of the edge of way which is nice. How much and how often are you taking it and does it seem to be giving any kind of help?

6 large capsules is only like 4 grams at most, it's probably not gonna do much for your withdrawals.

Those six seem to have worked wonders. I am feeling almost no symptoms right now and it didn't make me high and it's giving me a little bit of a a boost and I'm even doing some chores around the house.