• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help with kratom dosing

curtamagurtTHC

Bluelighter
Hey guys and gals, so for the last 16 days I've been using kratom to stop my opiate withdrawl symptoms. These are the doses I've been taking for the last 16 days

Day 1-4 (2.75-3g)
Day 5-10 (4.5g)
Day 10-12 (5g)
Day 12-16 (5.5-6g)

The issue I'm having is even when I take 6 grams I feel the effects are only 1/3 of what they were when I was taking only 4.5g between day 5&10. I'm on day 21.5 of getting off smoking .5g of 7% fentanyl dope for over 3 years and 5 years if oxy abuse before that with a daily usage of 80-320mg intranasaly. do I need to up my dose to maybe 8-9 grams? Any advice? I need it to get through worl so I'm capable of my job so stopping for a day or two isn't an option for me until next week when I have time off. Been taking thai kratom. Which I think is a white vein? Any advice welcome please and thank you

IME kratom doesn't have that long of a duration and tolerance builds quickly. I started at 6 grams or so and I'm up to 18 now.

IME kratom doesn't have that long of a duration and tolerance builds quickly. I started at 6 grams or so and I'm up to 18 now.
How long did it take you to get to that dose while achieving a similar effects each day? So then youd agree that a dose increase would be my only real way to achieve the effects in looking for?

Been taking it for 4 1/2 months or so... It's funny I just noticed you're taking thai and I actually felt underwhelmed with that strain. If you're using kratom for opiate withdrawals you probably want red vein, and yes I'd say increase your dosage as kratom is pretty damn weak compared to fentanyl cut dope. It will definitely help tho.

The frequency you have to dose kratom to keep a consistent buzz is going to jack up your tolerance. Continually escalating the dose is only going to get you the desired effects for a very short time, then tolerance will set in hard.

If you're using Kratom for opiate WDs you're supposed to start "higher" ie. 5grams (just using that dose as an example) and then taper that dose down lower and lower over a week or two. Until the WDs are gone.

Unless you don't want to stop taking it, and are using kratom as a replacement.

Im currently using Kratom for opiate WDs. If you take kratom for too long, you will have WDs from that as well. It can be just as bad as regular opiates, I know... Its happened to me.

Wish you the best!