• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need Help with Hydrocodone Dosage

mdc2512

Bluelighter
Hey I am fairly new here and am not sure if this is the proper sub forum but if it isn't just move me to it moderators and I also know this is a harm reduction website and I am not asking for a dose to get high but just how much is in a dose. The Hydrocodone is in a clearish orange bottle and the quantity is 360 (I am assuming ml). Anyways it say Hydrocodone-Acetamin 7.5mg-325mg/15ml. Does this mean for every 15ml that there is 7.5ml of Hydrocodone and 325mg of APAP? I know this might be a stupid question but this is a harm reduction website and better to be safe than sorry. Thanks.

7.5 mg not ml for every 15 ml yes so just measure out 15 ml and it is the equiv of a vicodin ES

Hey mdc, welcome to Bluelight! :)

Dosing questions belong in Basic Drug Discussion, along with other basic questions. You made the right call to research and ask questions before taking a drug, kudos.

7.5 mg not ml for every 15 ml yes so just measure out 15 ml and it is the equiv of a vicodin ES

Norco but nobody is keeping score. Think this was answered fine but to reiterate, each 15ml has 7.5mg hydrocodone and 325mg of APAP.

In the mixture that you have OP, there's 0.5mg of Hydrocodone per Milliliter of fluid. Generally, when you are dispensed an entire bottle of syrup of any kind, the "quantity" on the side of the bottle, which would normally indicate # of dosage units/pills is going to indicate the number of Ml's in the bottle. My Chlorhexidine rinse from my recent oral surgery indicates 473 dosage units, as it's a pint of fluid.

Your bottle should come with a dosing cap that will help you figure out how much medication you're taking. If you don't have one, pharmacists will generally give you a cheap oral syringe with measurements for free from behind the counter. If you tell them that you don't have a device for measuring your Opioid painkillers, they're pretty much duty-bound to give you one.

Beware of the amount of APAP that you end up consuming.

Immediate-release: 325 mg to 1 g orally every 4 to 6 hours
Minimum Dosing Interval: every 4 hours
Maximum Single Dose: 1000 mg
Maximum Dose: 4 g per 24 hours
Median Lethal Dose/24 hour period: 24g

These are just guidelines. You could be seriously harmed by much less than the above-posted dosages. You could also be harmed by taking significantly lower dosages over a longer period of time (chronically). Back before CWE really became a well-known and understood method, Vicodin/Percocet addicts would routinely show up to the hospital with liver damage/failure. They still do. Unfortunately, most syrups/elixirs aren't in a suitable form to be extracted through this method. At least not easily and not by an amatuer, so proceed with caution.