Desperate Need help with fentanyl patch withdrawal

iansteggo

Greenlighter
SWIM has been using Philly white fentanyl, a bundle or more a day for several months, and is desperately looking for the best way to kick the fentanyl without having to go to detox or end up on subs or methadone. Previous withdrawal episodes have seemed exaggerated in intensity and length as compared to others around them. Currently in the kit are 15 2mg Xanax bars, about 400mg of methadone (liquid), 3 8mg subutex & 20 8mg sub strips. Doctor also just sent in an order for some clonodine. Just trying to figure out the most comfortable way / effective recipe to get off ALL opis - subs or methadone included. First thought is to spend 2-3 days tapering down the fent, maybe to half a bundle a day, then start slow taper up with the subs (bernese method), and use the xans & liquid methadone to ease the withdrawal symptoms. Once all other opis are out of the system, immediately start a taper down off the subs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

I've been on 75 mg fentanyl patch for almost 15 years now. I ran out 2 weeks early and am in hell to be blunt. I have no access to anything that would help with wd and wouldn't know how to find anything to help. I tried Kratom a year ago when I ran short and It actually made wd much worse and I ended up puking for hours. I don't know if I might have taken to much? I think i took 5 over 6 hours. Considering trying it again but definitely do not want to make this worse since I'm already losing it and miserable as can be. Please give advice. Desperate.

Kratom does work. It's not a cure all by any means, but it will help some. If you started puking, you may have taken too much and got "the wobbles". You said you took 5. 5 what? Regular Kratom? Extract? It would help if you could give any details you remember. The source of the Kratom is also very important. Getting it from a smoke shop or gas station is very unreliable. Many reliable sites offer priority overnight. In any case, start off with 3 grams. Wait 2 hours. If you don't feel any relief, take another 2 grams, continueuntil you feel relief. Kratom is very fickle because of the inconsistent alkaloids. There no way to determine what the "magic dose" is. Just trial and error.

Kratom does work. It's not a cure all by any means, but it will help some. If you started puking, you may have taken too much and got "the wobbles". You said you took 5. 5 what? Regular Kratom? Extract? It would help if you could give any details you remember. The source of the Kratom is also very important. Getting it from a smoke shop or gas station is very unreliable. Many reliable sites offer priority overnight. In any case, start off with 3 grams. Wait 2 hours. If you don't feel any relief, take another 2 grams, continueuntil you feel relief. Kratom is very fickle because of the inconsistent alkaloids. There no way to determine what the "magic dose" is. Just trial and error.
I just remember 5 capsules and the store said to get the gold or yellow. It made every symptom of wd so bad I went to the hospital.

And it was more of a health store/head shop. They had an entire wall of it

I have no clue how much or how often I was supposed to take it. Just went off the store employees recommendation.

If you get kratom again, don't just eat it straight. Mix it with orange juice, this will make it digest easier. Start with 3 grams and go up from there if needed. If you can, get quality kratom, some store bought is alright but you oughta shop online.

Put honey, cinnamon, and black pepper in your kratom drink to make it taste better and give you antioxidants. Also put whey protein into your kratom drink. This will give your body some strength it needs.

Get supplements. Black seed oil. L-tyrosine. L-phenalynine. L-Glutamine. Other amino acids. And just a plain multivitamin. This will help rejuvenate your neurotransmitters. Tianeptine might help as well I think.

You can find these in Cvs, gnc, or online easily, not the tianeptine though.

If you don't have access to actual maintenance meds, the method I've listed above is a good place to start.

If it's really that bad, seek actual medical detox if possible.

This method might not be a cure-all but it could help.

I wish you the best through your detox, and welcome to BL.

If you get kratom again, don't just eat it straight. Mix it with orange juice, this will make it digest easier. Start with 3 grams and go up from there if needed. If you can, get quality kratom, some store bought is alright but you oughta shop online.

Put honey, cinnamon, and black pepper in your kratom drink to make it taste better and give you antioxidants. Also put whey protein into your kratom drink. This will give your body some strength it needs.

Get supplements. Black seed oil. L-tyrosine. L-phenalynine. L-Glutamine. Other amino acids. And just a plain multivitamin. This will help rejuvenate your neurotransmitters. Tianeptine might help as well I think.

You can find these in Cvs, gnc, or online easily, not the tianeptine though.

If you don't have access to actual maintenance meds, the method I've listed above is a good place to start.

If it's really that bad, seek actual medical detox if possible.

This method might not be a cure-all but it could help.

I wish you the best through your detox, and welcome to BL.
How often do you take it. I'm just terrified of taking it again and it making the wd worse again because I know I can't handle that. I'm already taking a ton of vitamins and drinking ensure.

I just remember 5 capsules and the store said to get the gold or yellow. It made every symptom of wd so bad I went to the hospital.
I would recommend red manga da. It works wonders for withdrawal

I take 4 grams every 3 hours. I avoided telling you because every one is different. It depends on your own physiologically, quality of kratom ( not all kratom is created equal) Even the same brand from the same vendor will be different, as each batch will be different. Some better, some worse. I would avoid drinking orange juice, as it can be a potentiator. Drink chocolate milk with it. It helps mask the taste. You have to experiment with it. Everyone's reaction is different. Start at a low dosage, and work your way up until you find your sweet spot.

How often do you take it. I'm just terrified of taking it again and it making the wd worse again because I know I can't handle that. I'm already taking a ton of vitamins and drinking ensure.

What vitamins are you taking? Check out the list I made above and try to get a hold of some of that stuff. And regarding potentiation, you want to potentiate the kratom! Your opioid tolerance is so high that kratom will be like taking codeine or tramadol, it's just not the same. But it can minimize symptoms. There are likely many other threads on this website that go over withdrawal procedure, let me see if I can find some for you. Check out the search bar as well, this is a pretty common topic so people have a lot of different ideas on how to make w/d more comfortable.

Comfort meds

Your personal opiate w/d kit

Opioid MEGA discussion threads volumes 1 + 2

Last edited:
How much and how often do you take it?

In my post above ^^ I have linked to some previous threads that go through this problem. You should also check out the thread directory's in the Health and Recovery forum. There is loads of information in the Recovery Support sub forum, so take advantage of the years worth of threads we've got locked and loaded ready to help you withdrawal comfortably.

But, no one here is practicing medicine, so, if you're really that bad off, see a health professional. If you need any help getting around the forum, reach out to a mod. You're not alone, hang in there, you'll get through it!