• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need Help with DXM

Status
Not open for further replies.

agsilent18

Greenlighter
A person i know used Delsym for the first time two weeks ago, they took 300 mg, and a week later they took 350 everything is fine so far. He also bought tussin cough gel caps ( generic cvs brand) are there any tips on how he should take it. And are there other options as far as syrups and gel caps go, he is trying to find a syrup that only has HBr DXM as its active ingredients, since delsym has polistirex DXM which lasts too long and has weaker effects.

Swallow them...

Can you not find any no-name brands in your area with only dxm hydrobromide? Check all the pharmacies and grocery stores. I used to find them pretty easily, and it was pretty inexpensive. But is been quite a few years, maybe things have changed.

The DXM Hbr is only found in combination products (+ Guaifenesin, APAP, Chlor/Brompheniramine, diphenhydramine, Phenylephrine, etc). The DXM Polistyrex is the only single ingredient DXM product available in the Western US. While I hear the DXM Hbr gel caps can still be found, the additives xanthine & sorbitol (iirc) cause nausea in 1st plateau and higher doses.

http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/431352-DXM-Polistirex

Unfortunately, this really doesn't fit in with our forum guidelines. Please be careful OP, because this thread essentially consists of asking where and how to get the drug in question. We're just not here for that. That is your personal quest. If your concern is your safety, we will always be here. I will tell you, although I shouldn't, you need to buy products that contain solely Dextromethorphan (DXM). The majority of DXM products are couples with other medications that will contribute to negative side effects.

There are capsule that contain solely DXM and I'm only telling you this because serious misuse of some of these other drugs can cause problems. If you're only using DXM, it's a fairly safe drug and you shouldn't have anything to worry about. If there's anything else you need, we will be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.