View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need help with DXM questions.

Anomalos

Greenlighter
Two days ago, I decided to take the trip to Walmart, and buy some Robo - Long Acting Cough Gels. I have tried to read up on this a bit but it is all so scattered and can contradict what each says. I bought 6 Bottles. I took 2 bottles (40 gel tabs) and I would say an hour and a half later it was kicking in pretty hard. I heard different trip stories , but mine was dif in a major way. I was wanting to hit a plateau where maybe OOB exp. happens, or just music\video games were great looking and fun. Well, it started off with a lot of face tingles, some head itchiness, but face tingled ALOT at first, everything seemed to get hard to focus on, I tried to open a play list on youtube and it seemed to take forever to find A song and didn't get much out of it from being over so fast. I stood up a few times, seemed like I had very little balance and when I did walk some it seemed, as if i were walking super fast. Here are some questiones some vets could clear up. Could my trip not been where I wanted it due to not enough? Due to the setting I was in? Music not set up, durring the day as well? And how does tolerence work with this? If I dosed again tonight should I up it or keep it at the 600mg I took the prior night? Any help would be much appreciated!

You will actually need less if you do it the next day....its because its still in your system.

one time I did a second day back to back with the first and took the same amount...i tripped about 5X harder, though i was dying, called a friend to come "save" me.

600 is a strong dose. that should be plenty.

do you take any psychiatric meds?

DXM is best experienced with music on laying down eyes closed letting the OBE's happen passively, but you do have to sort of lay still and mediate for them to happen.

do you take any psychiatric meds?

Also, no psyc meds, well last night after the "trip" or so u should call it that... I started taking trazadone. For sleep, but as always, didn't help. And im on steroids for an infection\inflammation i had a week ago that almost done with.

Another question, simpler really. Say I want to put headphones on to some music and play app games on my tablet. What would be a good dose to enjoy that without being utterly lost and to confused yet have nice "visuals" and vibes?

First off, mixing trazadone and DXM together could cause serotonin syndrome that could land you in the hospital or worse so definitely no go until you are done with your medication. I also wouldn't mix the DXM with the steroids you're taking, nor would it be a wise to mix DXM with any prescription medication. It's quite hard on the body as it is, and mixing it with anything is a risky move. If you choose to use DXM after you are done with your medications, tolerance does not build overnight like it does with classical psychedelics. Also, DXM dosage doesn't follow the pattern that one would expect it to. If you choose to take it again after you're done with your medications, do research on the plateaus. It also is important to note that DXM is significantly more risky physically and mentally than classical psychedelics and if it is done at all, it should be very occasional. I personally have only done it on very rare occasions, and many people I know that did it frequently have had issues HPPD wise from it. It definitely is far from being in the realm of being one of the safer psychoactives. I know you might not want to hear this if you are young, but I strongly do not recommend doing DXM at all if you're younger than 19 or 20. There is some speculation that it could be much riskier brain health wise if you're brain is still in development.

Last edited:
Make sure it's DXM Hbr because since it's a long acting a lot of times that means the poly- verison.

Only use Hbr or it will be very weak and last forever. 300 should be enough to "not be too out of it" after taking it earlier.

SHoot for the 'third plateau dose ~9mg/kg' for an out of body experience, but it rarely occurs. it takes some practice to get psychedelic effects from it. the HBr type is best for tripping. The polistrex kind isn't as good for tripping.

a high second plateau is my choice for music enhancement. ~7mg/kg