• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help with dosage... he thinks

CallMeMrNiceGuy

Greenlighter
My friend has never really had good luck wit a lot of drugs, what I mean by that is some drugs don't work for him like he took Tramadol twice well over what he needed to get high both times and nothing. The sane thing happened with benadryl except that time he took so much I was kinda worried he would overdose but he still didn't get high. So today he decided to take oxycodone 15 mgs of it and he waited about an hour and nothing so he took 20mgs of morphine waited 30 mins and still nothing so he took 15 more mgs of morphine and now it's been about 1 and 30 mins and it's just not working what's wrong. Keep in mind this was his first time and he's really doesn't have much drug experience at all except for weed

Some folks simply can't metabolize tramadol. DPH doesn't cause a "high" per se. With the opioids, some people are naturally tolerant to them a bit. But frankly I'd suggest not exploring them if they're not working at reasonable dosages for an opioid naive person like you. Are there any other medications you're using? Some dull the effect of opioids.

There are far better drug experiences out there that are worth waiting for if you don't have access. I know telling someone interested in opioids not to use them isn't helpful, so if you do continue using them be very careful.

I started much as you did a bit over ten years ago, and although it's been quite the journey and I wouldn't really have changed anything given where I am now (3.5yrs off dope, a year off methadone, moving on in a life I'm content with), it was an INCREDIBLY difficult period. Like, I've literally died before, cardiac arrest for a short time without a heartbeat and everything. Been sexually assaulted by a predatory drug treatment "professional" and generally been through some of the most extreme and horrible things on can go through. Not fun at all.

If 30mg of oxycodone doesn't get you high without a tolerance, you're really better off exploring other substances if you still feel a need to scratch that itch (educate yourself! Knowledge has the power to kill and save lives with drug use). 35mg morphine taken orally really isn't that much - 60mg if more like a recreational dose.

I'd suggest trying 60mg morphine orally with 50mg of DPH to potentiate it, or 30mg oxycodone orally with 50mg DPH (do not combine those doses though). If you're desperate and those doses aren't going it for you orally you can always try plugging them, although it will make more of a difference with morphine than oxycodone (oxycodone has a very high oral BA where morphine's is lower). If those doses don't get you good and buzzed, you're really and truly better off exploring another class of substances.

Again though, please consider exploring other things. If you think you'd like opioids there is always kratom, which is almost certainly a better drug to explore prior to opioids given its legal status (assuming its legal where you are). Likewise, psychedelics like mescaline and mushrooms are great substances, ones I have gotten far more from than any opioid. Dissociatives like DXM and ketamine as a couple favorites for me too.

Basically there are lots of fun drugs out there without risks as great as illegal/prescription opioids.

What is it that interests you in opioids? If I didn't get mad high the first few times I used them, I would never had understood the attraction. After all, it's their subjective effects that people find them attractive for recreationally speaking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, and no their are no other medications he's using regularly except for marijuana, and he was interested because their very accessible to him. He thinks he's done with oxycodone because its just not worth it to him. he will try a 50 to 60 mg morphine dose is their an amount of time before he should do morphine again or is he good to go. He will also look into dxm and ketamine and see if he's interested. Thank you and sorry that sounds like a tough life but iam sure you've come out better because of it