• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help regarding Opiate Paws

freeminded90

Greenlighter
Let me give you guys some background information on my situation, maybe it will help you help me. I have been addicted to opiates for over three years. Recently I have decided that I was wasting all my money and the highs were getting low, and the lows were getting high:?. You know what I mean? So one morning I decided that I would quit for good. After going through withdrawals which seemed like hundreds and hundreds of times, I finally quit. It has been just over three months since I've taken my last opiate. The first month was month and a half was absolute hell. For the most part I am seeing improvement. Looking back from weeks ago, maybe it is improving drastically:), maybe not. But I feel like I still am experiencing symptoms of paws :\ such as the depression, anxiety, no energy, and "brain fog" that my ability to think just isn't as clear as I feel it should be. So people from experience on quitting opiates and dealing with paws, how long did it take you guys to start feeling more normal? What can I do to help improve the depressive, anxious, no energy and "brain fogged" feelings I experience every day? Please help, I just want everything to go away and wake up everyday feeling normal again.

Go for a job have an iboprofen and get some sleep its always easier after the first day

It depends, my 1st run before I quit the 1st time in 07' was a 6 year speedball run and at the end, the last 2 months I was just chipping away, in a state of constant withdrawal with little breaks of relief and wanted to die, but found help when I didn't even expect it, so within 2 weeks I was feeling better...2 years ago I was going to a Methadone clinic in Socal and was on 130mg Methadone a day and I became homeless at the time so I had to fly east to get my shit back together with family and i cold turkey'd 130mg of Methadone that took me 3 to 4 months before I felt somewhat normal, so it all just depends on so many different things, just keep at it and congratulations it WILL get better I promise, just exercise, have sex! Find new hobbies, work hard!

How long have you been clean for? I have no cravings to use again, but I have absolutely no motivation to do anything and it's really messing with my mood. I feel as the no motivation/energy is contributing to being depressed, anxious and having the brain fog.

I have been clean this go round for 16 months now. I'm on Zubsolv though, I started on Zubsolv a few months after I got clean 16 months ago as a failsafe to make sure I wouldn't use...I am tapering down now..gonna stay at the lowest possible dose I can

I feel you, but you need to do something man, get up and go to a meeting, that's what I did when I was dog shit sick during methadone withdrawal the only thing that made me feel better was forcing myself up with NO energy, and getting to a meeting and talking to other people going through it!

Do you have a job? Do you have any hobbies or interests other than shitty drugs? Find some! Knives are awesome, guns are even more fun, making music, playing guitar is amazing!

Yeah brother, you MUST force yourself up, pick yourself up by your bootstraps and go do something, anything, start with going to a meeting I promise you it will help, I promise you!

Last edited: