• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need Help : Random Intense Xanax Withdrawls

Red11

Greenlighter
Anxious writing this, so going to jump right into it.

History:
Been of and on xanax for a few years as needed mostly for social anxiety. After 2 years, went from. 5mg to 1mg pills. Was always 3 a day. Rarely have i ever taken more than two a day. Really just needed them for super stressful situations that involved a lot of people.

If my life sucks, I tend to be more of a drinker. Xanax doesnt really numb me the way the bottle does. I do drink on one from time to time. But only rarely, if its a crowded bar or concert, etc..

Recently I have been having health issues that they think are with my brain. They're looking into bad hypoglycemia on top of epilespy and stuff like that. Extreme vertigo. Random petite mal seisiures. So that being said, I'm stressed TF out. And of course, my brain is telling me to use my xanax to avoid possible seizures and crap from other stuff. Even when i take the xanax, the symptoms don't go away. This is the fine bit of hope i have keeping me from thinking everything, including my blood sugar fainting, wasn't all a result of xanax.

Waiting on results of MRIs and EEGs to get prescribed any new medication. But until then ive had what seem to be intense xanax withdrawals. But xanax doesnt kill the symtoms either. Even up to 3mg at once. Don't see the point in taking any more than that. A beer or two seems to help however, but i know this is only prolonging the issue.

But Im out of xanax. Nobody has any. Getting hammered seems very irresponsible (which is a strange thought for me). Waking up shaking and not being able to breathe though. Weird however that comes before the panic. Which is usually backwards for me and panic attacks. These recent ones have had my eyes rolling back in my head though...

Not looking for medical advice. I know my doctors will do their jobs. Hopefully. But anyone out there feel like theyre in the midst of a constant seizure verge? Any advice? Ive been to the ER twice for random seizures and trouble breathing in two weeks. But that was before i started experimenting with higher doses of xanax. Will the be cool and give me longer benzos? Or just put me on the abuser list? I dont have the appearance of a drug abuser. And my mother always comes with me as a voucher as im in my mid 20s.

I think I'm just having anxiety over seizures that's causing possible seizures. Fat kid and cake scenario. But I've struggled for days and can't break the loop apparently....

I really appreciate any advice. Seems like every intense episode I have, i dig deeper into the trap...

Have you ever been confirmed to have seizure disorder? Feeling like you cant breathe can be a panic attack.

How did you run out if you rarely took more than 2?

I was on xanax 3 mg and got panic attacks where it felt like i was dying.

Seizures were non drug related for sure in the past 5 years. Got diagnosed with "non-diabetic hypoglycemia" but a bad case of it. Low blood sugar causes anxiety like a MF if you havent experienced it.

No. Never have ran out before. Even went months periodically without taking a single one. Ive been experimenting taking more than i should. Which is stupid. Then some got ruined by water.

I dont really have panic attacks in years. Anymore anyways. I'm smart enough to know when to take them to prevent bad panic attacks. I really just take them to avoid freezing during conversation. The doctor agreed that i may of been accidentally treating my seizure issues with xanax this whole time without knowing it.

But yes, I feel like im constant need of ER assistance. Ive been threw some rough shit and not felt this rough internally. Like a 100lb weight on my chest.

Last edited:
If it's your first time running out early and your doctor knows about the extra stress going on then call him in the morning and get in to see him Immediately. Tell him what happened and let him decide the best course. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. It happened a couple of times to me a few years ago with the same doctor I have now and he would never let me suffer. He either wrote a short script for another med until refill time or gave me a different dose of the same medicine so that insurance and pharmacies couldn't give me any problems.

You won't get that treatment at the ER since they don't know you like your doctor does.