• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Need help please!!

Meercat

Greenlighter
I'm a 19 year old male and if been having very bad chest pains for about 3+ months. This all started when I was smoking one night and out of nowhere my left breast jut got incredible hot and fet like my heart was goin to pop out my chest. I stopped smoking since that happened and that never happened again but I have pain everyday on the left side of my chest usually under my left breast, under my armpit, on my back top left of my shoulder, and almost to the center of my chest on my left breast. I got my heart checked out I got my lungs checked out everything seems to be fine but that's what they tell me... They said it is my muscles and not to worry but I'm in pain I almost feel like I can do anything I'm not in the mood no more to do anything. I am not over weight I'm 125 pounds, was very energetic, I never really got tired. When I smoke I sometimes feel that hot sensation on the left side of my chest. I've been smoking for about a year or more almost everyday, I quit cigarettes because of this and I used to smoke about 2 packs a day... It was very bad. Please someone let me know if u have felt this before or if U know what I can do to make this go away i have not been myself lately because of this. I have not smoked since I felt it the pain for the first time when I was high and I still feel very bad.

If the pain keeps happening I would re-visit your doctor and they may do more tests. Sounds like you should tell them.

Take this break to stop smoking tobacco for sure. If you ever get high again maybe try vaping, less pressure on your lungs and chest.

I'm just worried it's my heart but like I don't feel dizzy or any symptoms that can cause heart attacks.

Bruised rib?

Hey Meercat,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this trouble.

I just want to bring to your attention that while Cannabis is a relaxant, it also has tendency to make us not feel things, or experience sensations of things not present.

There is a very real possibility that you may have somehow bruised, broken, or done some other damage to a rib or similar bone structure in that area and simply forgotten about it.

Best wishes.

At your next physical, make sure to ask your doctor about it.

Get well soon,
fdizile

Last edited:
one of the annoying thing about MJ is that it can really fuck with your mind. maybe the first time there really was something going on physically, but maybe the whole issue is just a brainbug. a way you can check yourself objectively is to use a heartrate and BP monitor the next time you feel heat or pain in your chest. if you don't own one, many supermarkets have one for public use by the pharmacy counter. i'm not discounting the value of getting a second opinion from a doctor, but if you're just having panic attacks and there really is nothing physically wrong with you then it's counter-intuitive to make the issue worse stressing about it.

another thing to consider is symptoms of angina can be caused by too much coffee or too much salt in your diet, could be you need a dietician more than you need medical treatment. either way, keep track of (write down) when and how symptoms manifest so you can provide a better description to your doc and they will be able to offer better advise or treatment that way.

edit: fdizile makes a good point as well, i remember brusing a rib pretty bad and it took a while to heal up, felt like the pain was deeper so it was confusing