• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Need Help (PLEASE) How long should I wait before taking my first dose of Suboxone?

thanks man, that makes me feel better. yeah i looked it up and they said methadone users should wait at least 36 hours, and in some cases 96. crazy...

another question: how long after i take the suboxone do the withdrawals go away? also, do the withdrawals go away COMPLETELY? will i be able to function after my first dose? and from there on out, should i only dose once a day?

Its hard to say for sure, there are a lot of factors.

When I first took suboxone, I felt 150% better within 5 minutes. Not only did it completely take away withdrawals but I also felt high. I went back to work with a huge grin on my face.

Since then I have come on and off suboxone so many times my body isnt as forgiving. Now the suboxone only lessers the withdrawals. It settles down my legs which is a relief but the cold/lonely feelings linger until my 2nd or 3rd dose.

Since its your first time I would guess you will feel pretty great after taking the subs. But once again there are so many factors... its hard to say.

Yes after your first dose, wait 24 hours and take the next.

I took it at the 26th hour. I was on Clonidine and I suspect that covered a lot of the discomfort. I had a minor habit of short duration. I am not sure how I scored on COWS but I wasn’t terribly distressed in the ways that Clonidine can’t affect.

thanks man, that makes me feel better. yeah i looked it up and they said methadone users should wait at least 36 hours, and in some cases 96. crazy...

another question: how long after i take the suboxone do the withdrawals go away? also, do the withdrawals go away COMPLETELY? will i be able to function after my first dose? and from there on out, should i only dose once a day?

I started dosing 3 x day, then tapered to 2 x day on day 3, and dropped to once a day on day 6. I have felt mild w/d the entire time. Muscle spasms, fever, pain, temperature fluctuations, etc. I have been on subs for 8 days now and those symptoms have finally faded. I can only imagine how hard it would have been to go CT.

I started dosing 3 x day, then tapered to 2 x day on day 3, and dropped to once a day on day 6. I have felt mild w/d the entire time. Muscle spasms, fever, pain, temperature fluctuations, etc. I have been on subs for 8 days now and those symptoms have finally faded. I can only imagine how hard it would have been to go CT.

what was your first dose? like in mg

Its hard to say for sure, there are a lot of factors.

When I first took suboxone, I felt 150% better within 5 minutes. Not only did it completely take away withdrawals but I also felt high. I went back to work with a huge grin on my face.

Since then I have come on and off suboxone so many times my body isnt as forgiving. Now the suboxone only lessers the withdrawals. It settles down my legs which is a relief but the cold/lonely feelings linger until my 2nd or 3rd dose.

Since its your first time I would guess you will feel pretty great after taking the subs. But once again there are so many factors... its hard to say.

Yes after your first dose, wait 24 hours and take the next.

sounds comforting, lol. what was your first dose in terms of mg? I have the strips, and I'm thinking of cutting them into 4 pieces, so 2mg each piece. Or do you think since I'm tiny and also never shot up (and only did 10 stamps a day), I can go even smaller and cut em in 8 pieces so it would be 1 mg/piece. Let me know what you think :) Also, if you don't mind me asking, what drug were you addicted to that prompted suboxone treatment? If you don't wanna share, I totally understand.

hey guys, so it's 4 AM here, took my last dose at 2:30AM. little later than i wanted to, i was so close to pussying out and ended up calling my connect, but then remembered how much i hate him and never wanna see him again so i got back into the zone. bout to watch a movie, gna stay up as long as i can so i can sleep as much as i can. i got weed edibles, flower to smoke, motrin and tylenol. here goes nothing... really hope everything works alright. my biggest concerns is 1) not breaking into precipitated withdrawal and 2) having the suboxone actually work and make me feel better. anyway wish me luck, i'll log back on tmrw to post my progress. good night everyone and merry christmas

Do you have anything to distract yourself?

Taking it too early and precipitating withdrawal is probably the worst thing you could do per the post on the first page.

Smoke a joint, eat some benzos, or take some DXM.

Shit, even using PST or codeine is a good way to transition from methadone to buprenorphine. Find a whatever low potency short acting opioid agonist you can, dose with moderate for 3 days, take something to help you get a good night sleep and on day four take the buprenorphine instead of taking the short acting antagonist.

Oh, right...

Ho Ho Ho!

animated-santa-claus-image-0420.gif

sounds comforting, lol. what was your first dose in terms of mg? I have the strips, and I'm thinking of cutting them into 4 pieces, so 2mg each piece. Or do you think since I'm tiny and also never shot up (and only did 10 stamps a day), I can go even smaller and cut em in 8 pieces so it would be 1 mg/piece. Let me know what you think :) Also, if you don't mind me asking, what drug were you addicted to that prompted suboxone treatment? If you don't wanna share, I totally understand.

That first time I took 4mg. I ended up going up to 6 then down to 5. which is what Im on now. And that was from fentanyl/heroin addiction. I did less than you do but the shit around here is 90% fentanyl and very strong. My doc over prescribes sub. Looking back 2mg probably would have been enough. Less is more they say.

Just so you know.... precipitated withdrawls are way worse than regular withdrawls so dont go taking them after 6 hours!

good luck! merry christmas

Precipitated wd will be the only thing that makes the bupe not work. If you don't set them off you should be ok

hey guys, so it's 4 AM here, took my last dose at 2:30AM. little later than i wanted to, i was so close to pussying out and ended up calling my connect, but then remembered how much i hate him and never wanna see him again so i got back into the zone. bout to watch a movie, gna stay up as long as i can so i can sleep as much as i can. i got weed edibles, flower to smoke, motrin and tylenol. here goes nothing... really hope everything works alright. my biggest concerns is 1) not breaking into precipitated withdrawal and 2) having the suboxone actually work and make me feel better. anyway wish me luck, i'll log back on tmrw to post my progress. good night everyone and merry christmas

Please lose that number. You are choosing to trade in the pain of withdrawals for TIME out of your life. You will choose sub maintenance which can take years, and which will not restore you to a drug free state but bind you to another medication. This is a heavy decision that can either liberate you at best or transfer your dependence at worst.

Your life is valuable. Your time cannot be replaced. If you are going to make this deeply personal exchange, lose the number.

You're worth it.

so yeah guys... i fucked up unfortunately. really disappointed in myself. i lost it at 16 hours in. sigh

next time i try, which will probably be january 2nd, i plan on having some gaba and clonidine on hand to help out, so hopefully that helps. cant believe i came so close :(

If you've got the cash, there's always in-patient rehabs. You won't be able to call your contact there, and doctors will cater your schedule for you.

They're not fun, but they can help.

You got east coast Dope so 24 hours. If it was west coast tar I’d say 36 and even then it’s iffy.

And yes, the only time I precipitated withdrawal from east coast Dope after 24 hours was by shooting the sub.

But I’d add that you shouldn’t count the hours from last use but more the hours from when you aren’t high anymore. Like after 4 hours I’m not high but not withdrawing.