• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Need Help Please Help me ADHD Medication Question Extremely important Dexamphetamine

^ Yeah I knew you were taking the why protein, I was just pointing out that as long as it's not animal protein there should be minimal strain on your kidneys. :)

Also try to avoid double or triple posting to respond to multiple posts, you can do it all in the one. I'll merge some of your posts in this thread.

have you tried taking alternative supplements that have shown to have a positive effect on ADHD?
im sure there has had to of been some progress made in this area...
my brother has it and pretty sure he was on everything under the sun for it but always took fish oil which seemed to help even when on no other meds.
im sure you've tried alot over the years, but just curious

Hello, yes i'm a vegetarian so i don't take fish oil but instead i take flax seed oil recommended to me by my nutritionist. and yes i've tried all kinds natural remedies since i was 8 years old, i mean literally everything, docs told me to eliminate sugar intake, food additives, suspension of all diary products, also have had blood test and hair test and such and such with no improvement at all, still remembering parents not allowing me to eat any sugary products and locking me in a room when i become uncontrollable, but no results at all until during my primary school years how i distracted everyone and frequently lashed out on my classmates and yelling on the top of my lungs, did the principal contact my parents, i had to change from schools to schools, and finally doc recommended ritalin ever since then i've became calm and is the only med that worked until recently no longer responding to large dosages prescribed so my psych now has me on dexamphetamin sulfate si.

and believe me meds was the last resort after all natural approaches failed did my parents be convinced for me to be on ritalin

all good, been through the same thing but from the other side of the door.
i'd say you are just feeling the effect of the drug you are taking.

might still be worth discussing it with your doc as perhaps you could take a smaller dosage whilst still being effective?

^ Yeah I knew you were taking the why protein, I was just pointing out that as long as it's not animal protein there should be minimal strain on your kidneys. :)

Also try to avoid double or triple posting to respond to multiple posts, you can do it all in the one. I'll merge some of your posts in this thread.

Hey mr blonde will do next time , im so new to this friendly site, so lucky i have found this site :)

hey here are the listed drug interactions for dexies from the AMH but not dextroamphetamine - not sure about this?

MAOIs + dexamphetamine

Giving dexamphetamine with nonselective MAOIs is likely to result in hypertensive crisis and possibly cause intracranial haemorrhage or acute heart failure; avoid combination (contraindicated by manufacturer).
moclobemide + dexamphetamine

Dexamphetamine with moclobemide (a reversible inhibitor of MAO-A) may result in hypertensive crisis, although this is less likely to occur than with a nonselective MAOI; avoid combination.

and side effects haven't hyperthermia in the list (though that doesn't mean it's not a side effct, just not listed is all)
Adverse effects

Most adverse effects of dexamphetamine are dose-dependent.
Common

headache, nausea, loss of appetite, anxiety, insomnia, dry mouth, tachycardia, palpitations, changes in BP (usually increases in adults)
Infrequent

movement disorders, tics, rash, weight loss, growth retardation
Rare

psychosis, liver dysfunction

So what's your temp with this high fevers? some people get hyperthemic malignant syndrome but that's with anaesthetics in theatre and other drugs, not dex.
sometimes on speed i'd get vasoconstriction - so cold at first and then when it wears off i'd get vasodilation and huge surge in temp, but actual core body temp was ok, just felt hot b/c the blood was rushing through my veins.

Hello my temp i recorded was 38.5 and my face gets really red and heated, and it only happens half the time say today im okay, last night i was overheating, so it's by chance this happens and i find it very weird and im in a very well air conditioned room and now drinking plenty more fluids , i hope i dont get vasodilation??? and what is vasodilation? and last but not least when i first consume the dexamphetamine sulfate si, after 30 minutes i can focus and not all over the place or having 20 million thoughts running in my head, then 1 hour or more later do i start to overheat and it slowly subsides till the med is worn off. However i will continue taking dexamphetamine even if all methods tried to stop the overheating because without the meds i can;t function im a freak like people say for which i dont want thanks

forgot to add i dont take MAOI or other things you've listed above, and my doc prescribed me a low dose of dexamphitamine. 5mg as he said is the lowest dosage. and i find this is the best for my adhd without nasty side effects that ritalin gave me after years of use, i got anxiety heart palpitations and frequent headaches and the positive effects just disappeared in time . finally dexamphetamine works without all those negative side effects but now this overheating problems, I THINK GOD HATES ME

Last edited:
I don't have much useful info to add on the dexamp problems you are experiencing, but you can cut out your protein supps and replace it altogether but eating almonds/peanuts and all that other stuff. A small handful worth should cover your protein requirement, or at least come close to, or just have a couple eggs and a couple glasses of milk a day and you should be alright.

i hope i dont get vasodilation??? and what is vasodilation?

Vasodilation is the widening (dilating) of blood vessels. Usually this occurs when the body is trying to cool down, as it allows for more heat transfer between the blood and the air around the body.

Also, remember that in time you will develop a tolerance to the dexamphetamine as well... and as you put up the doses you may start experiencing those negative side effects again.

all good, been through the same thing but from the other side of the door.
i'd say you are just feeling the effect of the drug you are taking.

might still be worth discussing it with your doc as perhaps you could take a smaller dosage whilst still being effective?

thanks for the advice, but the prescribed dose for me is the lowest which is 5mg and psych says 5 is the lowest thankyou.

Hey mr blonde will do next time , im so new to this friendly site, so lucky i have found this site :)

Hello my temp i recorded was 38.5 and my face gets really red and heated, and it only happens half the time say today im okay, last night i was overheating, so it's by chance this happens and i find it very weird and im in a very well air conditioned room and now drinking plenty more fluids , i hope i dont get vasodilation??? and what is vasodilation? and last but not least when i first consume the dexamphetamine sulfate si, after 30 minutes i can focus and not all over the place or having 20 million thoughts running in my head, then 1 hour or more later do i start to overheat and it slowly subsides till the med is worn off. However i will continue taking dexamphetamine even if all methods tried to stop the overheating because without the meds i can;t function im a freak like people say for which i dont want thanks

forgot to add i dont take MAOI or other things you've listed above, and my doc prescribed me a low dose of dexamphitamine. 5mg as he said is the lowest dosage. and i find this is the best for my adhd without nasty side effects that ritalin gave me after years of use, i got anxiety heart palpitations and frequent headaches and the positive effects just disappeared in time . finally dexamphetamine works without all those negative side effects but now this overheating problems, I THINK GOD HATES ME

Vasodilation is the widening (dilating) of blood vessels. Usually this occurs when the body is trying to cool down, as it allows for more heat transfer between the blood and the air around the body.

Also, remember that in time you will develop a tolerance to the dexamphetamine as well... and as you put up the doses you may start experiencing those negative side effects again.

Hello mr blonde yes i know that eventually i will have to up doses like the ritalin but for me Mr Blonde you just dont understand i cannot function without these meds as i have severe adhd and for me the positive effect of the drug outweighs the negative side effects but thats just for me becauase i've had to deal with this so called disorder which have completely affected my whole life and last but not least i really appreciate you warning me of this, this site rocks. cheers

I don't have much useful info to add on the dexamp problems you are experiencing, but you can cut out your protein supps and replace it altogether but eating almonds/peanuts and all that other stuff. A small handful worth should cover your protein requirement, or at least come close to, or just have a couple eggs and a couple glasses of milk a day and you should be alright.

thanks perthboy i will definitely stop the protein supplement and seek out other brand of protein that does not contain those ingredients at my next appointment with my nutritionist.

Dexamphetamine with moclobemide I have tried. I didnt get anymore hypertension than usual but lights were so bright a stribe light would put me into a semi-fit.

Dexamphetamine with moclobemide I have tried. I didnt get anymore hypertension than usual but lights were so bright a stribe light would put me into a semi-fit.

OMG thankyou so much and how much dose of moclobemide do i need ???? you have saved my day and all my worries please let me know asap and do i take them both toegether at the same time or before or after each med so they won't counteract? and where do i buy moclobermide? thankyou so much

i have just checked moclobemide is a MAO-1 are you fucking serious you want me to die??? i want help not suicide iddiot man

Last edited:
^ No you don't want to combine them! An MAOI plus amphetamine can cause problems as your body cannot metabolize the released neurotransmitters fast enough.

There may be other ways to potentiate your dexamphetamine safely, though these may increase the side effects you are experiencing.

^ No you don't want to combine them! An MAOI plus amphetamine can cause problems as your body cannot metabolize the released neurotransmitters fast enough.

There may be other ways to potentiate your dexamphetamine safely, though these may increase the side effects you are experiencing.

i simply thought he was referring me moclobemide to counteract the hyperthermia but after i did research it's a MAOI

Last edited by a moderator:
^ The person who first posted about it included it in a list of medications that can induce hyperthermia and other side effects when combined with dexamphetamine... as for lagger, I have no idea why he brought it up.

Drop those stupid multivitamins they are just a scam, especially Centrum it doesnt do a thing
i have a professional qualified nutritionist and a doc that both recommended me swisses men's ultivite, it's been clinically tested proven based on 25 years of research and you tell me to discard them?

yep agreed i thought moclobemide was a supplement you can take to counteract the overheating but i misread it, this was claimed by user LAGGER i mean come on who will recommend someone taking a MAOI with dexamphetamine when they are clearly fatal fix,

^ The person who first posted about it included it in a list of medications that can induce hyperthermia and other side effects when combined with dexamphetamine... as for lagger, I have no idea why he brought it up.

Anyways my dex have worned off completely and im extremley tired but before going to sleep i have to thank MR BLONDE and Angel Dust which have gave me great advice based on their experience or knowledge

Dexamphetamine is NOT recommended with Moclobemide b/c they are dangerous together, that's why i included the list. please don't take them together. but i guess you know that now. hypertensive crisis is high blood pressure. over 200/100 and won't necessarily mean high body temp. prob give someone a seizure and headaches though like lagger said they nearly had., hmmm...
not applicable to you if you aren't on those MAOI's

all drugs come with a list of interactions for Dr's to see if there could be a bad combination and that is the list for Dexamphetamine.

Lagger sounds like you just take anything. maybe lagger was just pointing out that the adverse effects of the drugs combined didn't affect them. who knows.

Sorry i should have written more about vasodilation - but it's been explained. it's a normal process of the body's blood vessels.
38.5 is high and could you have a concurrent infection going on? sometimes the temp can swing. see a Dr.

all this speculative medicine is getting out of control and could be interpreted wrongly, so it's best to see a dr who can get the full history and examine you properly. sorry to be so by the book, but i worry someone will harm themselves one day from all this.

Last edited:
i think just as you were upset for people not knowing your situation David, you also do not know laggers
there are many of us on this site for many different reasons all on different paths

no where did he mention that you should take said medication combo, it was something that he had taken and perhaps needed more information included, but i assure you he is not the devils child intent on turning your life upside down ;)

unfortunately it sounds as though you are fighting a reaction to the medication, it would be interesting to hear how you get on once removing the other variables.

all this speculative medicine is getting out of control and could be interpreted wrongly, so it's best to see a dr who can get the full history and examine you properly. sorry to be so by the book, but i worry someone will harm themselves one day from all this.

That's a good point. Although we can all give our opinions and advice on this site, medical treatment should be based on a doctor's opinion first and foremost.

I think David's concern is that his doctor's plan will be to take him off the dexamphetamine due to the temperature issues, though if it worsens that may be the only option.

i have a professional qualified nutritionist and a doc that both recommended me swisses men's ultivite, it's been clinically tested proven based on 25 years of research and you tell me to discard them?

yep agreed i thought moclobemide was a supplement you can take to counteract the overheating but i misread it, this was claimed by user LAGGER i mean come on who will recommend someone taking a MAOI with dexamphetamine when they are clearly fatal fix, it proves that you LAGGER have no knowledge about the vitamins you want me to discard from your previous post too, you are such an incompassionate evil person.

well swiss is the best on aus markets but 90% of it still is such a small mg or mcg of vitamins why bother putting it in there. I use ADAM NOW from america, but i was told by a professional athlete MV's are just a scam if you want the full dose of each one a day you're looking at eating 12 horse sized vitamins. ADAM is very cheap from USA too

i wasnt recommening a maoi i said i (accidently) combined them once and it wasn't the most comfortabl experience, dont do it

Last edited:
David, just so it's clear, lagger wasn't recommending at all that you take the combo. He knows it's dangerous, he was just saying that he tried it once and luckily didn't experience negative side effects. He definitely isn't evil and trying to kill you.

ETA: I've removed a few inflammatory remarks from this thread that were largely due to misunderstanding. I think it's best if everyone is clear about what they are saying, especially if they are talking about a potentially dangerous situation. Lets all try and play nice, OK?

Last edited:
well swiss is the best on aus markets but 905 of it still is such a small mg or mcg of vitamins why bother putting it in there. I use ADAM NOW from america, but i was told by a professional athlete MV's are just a scam if you want the full dose of each one a day you're looking at eating 12 horse sized vitamins. ADAM is very cheap from USA too

multivitamins aren't meant to used to get all your nutrients and stuff from, they are merely there to supplement a balanced diet