• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Need help on tapering suboxone

Midnightmaiden

Greenlighter
I am a new user and am not sure where this thread should go. I've never posted but have done a lot of reading on this site and it seems like you all are a bunch of great people just trying to help each other. I'm hoping I'm not make breaking any rules and asking for help with this. I have been an IV Suboxone user for 5 years straight. Yes, I know, not the best idea but I do want to get off now. I have seen people post IV Suboxone tapers on here, but I can't seem to find them anymore. Can someone please help me with a schedule on how to do this? At this point I take Suboxone IV multiple times a day as it dissipates in the system quicker. I want to stop doing it. I have tried cold turkey I'm on day 5 and can't do it anymore. I don't want to go into relapse back to my DOA. I feel like getting back on Suboxone and tapering is my only way out

A proper taper could be in order, but you're already well-invested into this process, being on day 5. I'd like to start by knowing whether you have a prescriber you can access. There are some select medications that can make this process significantly more bearable and most of them are non-narcotic (legally speaking). I can tell you straight up that I don't think I could complete 3 months of Methadone withdrawal without my arsenal.

I'm familiar with Buprenorphine as well. The syndromes differ in character, but in general, can be categorized by their protracted nature. Whereas the syndrome resulting from the use of short-acting Opioids is more acute management of symptoms, withdrawal from maintenance drugs like Methadone or Buprenorphine is the long-game of managing pesky symptoms like apathy, lethargy, depression and anxiety. Don't get me wrong, the acute withdrawal from these medications is still a bitch, but the real bitch is makingt Opioid withdrawal a fixture of your day to day life for an extended period of time.

Let us know about the prescriber!