• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Need help methdone

CrazyB2011!!$

Greenlighter
Need help recently stopped methadone started using again Suboxone was making me so sick and I had to do something so started using dope I cannot feel the effects from it and I’m getting sick every few hours I know it’s good stuff everybody else doing it is getting high but I am not I was on 142 mg I’ve been off for four days I wean down I went down to 80 before I left is this normal does it take a while to feel the effects again someone help

Yes, it takes a looooooong time to get methadone out of your system and at 80 MG your receptors were still saturated. In a way that dope can't do unless you had some chemical grade pharmaceutically manufactured shit. It's going to take time and nothing else. Your best bet is to go back methadone and ween super slowly. I know that's prob not what you want to hear :-(

I was on 130mg at the clinic a few years back, and got tired of being on it, so I switched to suboxone. My sub doctor told me I have to decrease my methadone dose down to 20mg, plus wait 48 hours in order to switch to suboxone. I did all of that . Je dosed me with 24mg suboxone at one time, 3 strips. Unfortunately, 48hrs was not long enough, I was violently sick as a dog for about 4 hours, after that I felt like I was going through a heroin withdrawal, and 3 weeks later I still felt the same!! It was horrible, one day I got so tired of feeling like that, I skipped my subs that day and took 50mg of methadone. I felt relief immediately. I made it a 1 time thing, by taking methadone. After that, all my post withdrawal feelings went away and I adjusted to suboxone.

Yes it blows. I have to go to clinic Monday and Tuesday and then get take homes for rest of week. My dose is 55mg, I still can’t get high from good tar even on Sunday! I don’t use my take homes so Tuesday morning is the last MethaDone dose. All week I can’t get high. What more annoying is I only get the lame ass symptoms of opiates. Constipation, cost a fortune, No god damn high
I’m pist off

Is there any possible way that you can reenter your clinic and do a more reasonable taper? If you need help finding a clinic, talking to your clinic or in any other way re-accessing your Methadone, let me know and we can start getting on that right now. This withdrawal syndrome will probably continue at this severity for at least 7 - 10 days before making a significant change. We can certainly explore options for mitigating the withdrawal, but the withdrawal that you're experiencing is going to be difficult to breakthrough.