View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need help LSD

ayo

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so i did LSD for the second time ever about 300ug. Had an okay trip and it wasn't bad or anything. its been 3 weeks since then and I can't get right. Nothing seems real and I feel so disconnected from everything around me. It's almost like there is nothing going on in my head and I'm really scared. Will things ever be back to the way they were?

Things will definitely go back to the way they were. I've had an afterglow from an extremely traumatic LSD trip going on a month now. It can seem unpleasant to some I suppose but try to make it a positive experience. You're seeing the world in a very unique way and it might be over tomorrow, or it might last another week, maybe another month. But one thing is for sure, you'll go back to normal.

"But the man who comes back through the Door in the Wall will never be quite the same as the man who went out. He will be wiser but less cocksure, happier but less self-satisfied, humbler in acknowledging his ignorance yet better equipped to understand the relationship of words to things, of systematic reasoning to the unfathomable Mystery which it tries, forever vainly, to comprehend" (Aldous Huxley, The Doors of Perception)

%) Don't take it too seriously though. After all, when someone gets a masters degree, learns a new language, loses a good friend to death, or even loses their anal virginity, they'll never be the same either. We're always changing, let's hope you learned something in the process.

Have you been smoking weed often for these 3 weeks? Abstaining from weed and alcohol for a few days may help...

I stopped smoking weed a while back. This experience has just rattled me a bit and I'm trying to make sense of it. Any time frame on how long it takes to feel close to normal again? Is this an afterglow or derealization/depersonalization ?

Depending on your natural tolerance 300ug is a pretty strong dose for someone who has had very little experience. I'm quite sensitive to psychs and I'm sure 300ug would get me rattled. It might be a good idea to try again with much smaller doses, say between 50-100ug just to get back in the swing of it. A half or even a quarter of a tab could help you get your clarity back.

Last edited:
GaryGlisten;13858809 It might be a good idea to try again with much smaller doses said:
Agreed. A subtle mellow trip my be just what you need. However, that decision should be up to you. Sometimes after an intense experience I don't want to trip for a while

LSD can definitely make you feel "not normal" for quite an extended period of time. For me, it's always post-trip anxiety

I noticed when I FIRST. Started taking LSD, that the come up was so intense that I would have to throw up, just to start the beautiful mdma like trip it gives me, the rush literally felt like I IVed a fuckload of coke or molly, as far as body load and physical stimulation go.
I noticed now, I don't get a come up any more when I trip, it just slowly hits me, don't get me wrong, its beautiful how all the colors have some sort of religious and warming glow to it.
I do miss that intense was come up where im like "holy fuck, shit is about to get real feeling " similiar to going up a rollercoaster, then dropping down, that's the intensity I miss getting that I no longer can maintain. Can anyone relate?

When someone is experiencing derealization as the result of taking too much LSD, I really don't think suggesting that they take LSD again is good advice from a HR perspective. OP, you will feel better with time. It will probably be a matter of weeks. In the meantime, try to eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, and exercise regularly. It is also probably wise to avoid all drugs until you've recovered to at least some degree.

In my experience, things never go back to the way they were. I'm pretty sure the universe evolves and you evolve with it, but that could be folklore.

When someone is experiencing derealization as the result of taking too much LSD, I really don't think suggesting that they take LSD again is good advice from a HR perspective. OP, you will feel better with time. It will probably be a matter of weeks. In the meantime, try to eat healthy, get plenty of sleep, and exercise regularly. It is also probably wise to avoid all drugs until you've recovered to at least some degree.

i agree completely. I started over tripping a few months back and it came to a point where all my trips where bad. When you take your mind far from its regular state your always gunna feel different for a while after do to the nature of psychs. I know you said it was only your second time but this reaction your having is probably because the high doesage 300ug is a lot and it makes sense you don't feel right. Like clock tower said I would try to cut back on drugs and get more sleep, even cut back on marijuana because marijuana will give you some slight anexiety. I would suggest trying some meditation and spend some time on your self. You will go back to normal I've been there before too try not to think to much about it that always makes things worse.

Back again. Still feel the same way. Disconnected, detached, and overall very spaced out. My sense of time and memory is off too and often question the things I do when before this never happened. It's also difficult to focus as if the world around me is surreal and dreamlike. I've begun to accept that this will be how I am for the rest of my life. So how do I continue to live in this manner. Any tips?

I went through a sort of existential crisis after my second mushroom trip, I don't remember well if I had big problems with sense of time/space, but it really did turn my life upside down. Mainly from questioning everything I did before, and whether I really chose them consciously or just kind of passively adapted to my own life.

I'm sure it is not really possible to compare yourself to other people or how long they take to go through such a thing, but it took a few years for me in total. I got heavily into philosophy and also into spirituality to some degree - getting a good feel for Zen buddhism because of my mystical experience and the ones that followed that initial one.

The first 6 months or so after that impactful trip, I pretty much did not touch any drugs because of how shaken up I was - after that I decided to go back to psychedelics (which meant mushrooms as I could get those legally here in the Netherlands and was not well into the psy scene yet). I "reasoned" that it might take the language psychedelics speak to resolve the issues that had also arose from them.

- Tripping after that, especially extreme tripping on things like LSD combined with K for example, could take me further away from home. To some extent tripping in general did help as I learned valuable lessons and could start answering some of my questions, but because I also got new questions in the process, they didn't shorten the time to 'recover'.
- On the other hand, eventually when I could 'conclude' this crisis or process and philosophy became more of a benign background interest rather than a quest I had to solve before anything else could have meaning again... I came out a more conscious person than I was before who has learned a great deal about certain things out of necessity. I am thankful for a lot of it, but it is easier to be thankful when the difficult part is pretty much over.

Depersonalization and derealization don't sound like they really have positive sides to me, neither does a crisis, but if you are able to at least turn this into a process that goes somewhere that might have you end up even better than you started... that would probably be better than just being lost, with no point to it.
Then again, please don't make too many of the same mistakes I made, if you really go on such a quest to re-answer (or answer for the first time) your meaning of your life in some sense... I made my process more complicated by losing balance and structure in my life, in part because I have ADD and ASD... and just doing too many drugs. Not only things like addiction or health issues but also complications from tripping too much can exacerbate your condition, and there are real risks involved with losing sight of difference between reality and fantasy.

I never suffered from issues with that distinction, but if you do as part of your derealization, that means tripping is way risky for you. Smoking weed is also not good if you're fuzzy on certain things, but that also isn't worth it anyway as it is less therapeutic or therapeutic in only different ways.

I recommend that you first remain abstinent a lot longer so that you can see the dust settling. You may still have issues but you should become more aware if your issues are more existential crisis, DP, DR, HPPD or differently related. That should help you avoid things that would exacerbate your situation and instead choose options that are best suited for your problems.

By the way I do have plenty of experience with sense of space and time distorted and impaired chronically from dissociatives, and that goes virtually back to normal but it just goes very slowly, and you have to quit using them of course. It can take way longer than the weeks it's been to say anything about those kinds of problems. So again - stay confident and wait a lot longer, seek help / counseling / symptomatic treatment if you have trouble functioning and bide your time some more. Question yourself about the real core of the issue and whether it relates more to difficulties knowing what's real or feeling real, or rather feeling different and awakened somehow and having to re-answer all those questions? Is the problem more delusional or the opposite: feeling too 'real' as if you unplugged from the matrix. That would of course feel so alien in the beginning, but on the longer run is actually based on being more conscious about very real things, and taking control over your own life in the process.

Last edited:
Im it exactly sure how long it will last. Id assume it's different for everyone. I know that I went through a period of heavy drug use of all kinds which generally revolved around my trying to obtain LSD or mushrooms once i felt my tolernce was low enough that it would be worth it. I felt pretty much how im assuming you do. Very lost in my head. I didn't cope with it well tho. I used a lot of hard drugs and by the time I did feel "normal" again, my life was upside down. Just ride it out. Everything will get better. I've spent a lot of money on acid and many other thing I thought were acid and Im fine now. It just takes time.

I had the same thing happen to me about five months ago. A very traumatic acid trip. For days after, I thought I was full blown schizophrenic and that I for sure would have to be admitted to a mental hospital for the rest of my life. But I am COMPLETELY PERFECT now.

Just know that these things happen and it just takes time to heal your mind. A bad acid trip can be compared to any other life trauma. For a while I had really bad panic attacks and I also had this dreamlike fog that made it hard to know what true reality is. I was very disconnected from my personality, and was worried I would never be the same person again. But please have hope! You WILL get better! For me I did a lot of journaling to get my thoughts out, and also tried to write about the good things I learned on the trip and how I can learn from it to improve my life. After doing some research and realizing I had what they call an “Ego Death” on acid, I found out how some Buddhists strive for this sort of thing to be enlightened. I went to the bookstore and sat down going through Buddhist books looking for answers and I ended up finding some of them.

Talk to people your closest with and tell them whats going on. Try to exercise and do some yoga or meditation. And most definitely stay away from drugs. At least until you feel normal again. Maybe see a therapist, just to get your thoughts out and get input on how to get into good habits to get you on the right track again. Hang around people that you love, time will heal you. It took about 2 1/2 months for the panic attacks to stop for me, and then before I knew it I was better than ever! The acid trip completely changed my perspective of life, and now I am grateful for the experience. Try and put energy into recognizing the good things you experience in the day, like the color of the clouds, or the warmth of a shower.
Take care of yourself you’ll be ok! I am proof :)

I'm curious as to whether you guys held a job during this period. If so how did you manage that? I'm in the process of finding a job but I'm nervous that I'll have a hard time holding down a job. I know I can do it but it's difficult in this state of mind

I had a lot of jobs in that time. Like I said though I dealt with it EXTREMELY wrong. I worked everything from a bank job to working at a gas station on 3rds. I can honestly say if I hadn't been doing so many other drugs while this was happening in my life I probbalh wouldn't have had to change jobs so often. But yeah it's possible. Just takes pushing yourself to refocus

I had the same thing: a study which I could not complete (much later found out I have ADD, and my life running off the tracks wasn't helping), priority shifted more and more to an ICT job on the side.

But I started to lose structure, using too much drugs, which isn't surprising since this kind of thing can come with a lot of confusion and despair before you come out the other end. For me, like I said it was eventually enlightening in some ways, but it was hard on me and combined with the misfortunes of losing that job, having to move multiple times... it wore me down completely. But I recovered eventually. Made mistakes in the process though, like self-medicating with benzos and having to get off them.

If you're already sort of used to treating problematic feelings with drug use then you can easily be set up for abuse and complications resulting from that.

It's important to get counseling if you notice any dysfunction whatsoever - it might take time to get any treatment / therapy started and possibly you need to switch to another therapist if there is no click or if he/she is not adequate. And that's assuming that treatments available to you are really helpful (depends on where you live among other things).
I personally wish I had sought help asap, for addiction and psychiatric stuff.

Obviously your situation may be quite different from mine, but the point is that IMO you should focus on prevention of that kind of dysfunction ruining things like your job or other important things in life. Having a job, a place to live etc is of course critical. Going through a rough and confusing time may make it harder to seek help or notice when you need it. Try to put people in place you can rely on - like parents etc. To keep track of your behavioral patterns and health etc.

In other words, all kinds of support that may be appropriate for you, to keep you from running off the tracks in any way. Regularly ask yourself questions about the stability and health of your lifestyle. I personally was proud and stubborn for years, and also was not properly motivated to get help even though I wasn't doing well at all.