• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Need help interpreting Marquis/Mecke/Mandelin/Simon's results

MysteriousWhisper

Greenlighter
A buddy of mine asked me to come over and test some "molly" he has. It's in a bag of little pink crystals. I'm new to testing and this is a fresh kit that reacted appropriately to aspirin and sugar.

I actually salvaged a couple "crumbs" from the scale he's been using to weigh this substance. Marquis quickly turned deep, dark purple, and Mecke turned an inky blue... consistent with MDxx. But that's all I could salvage, so I took a small crystal from the bag and crushed it so that I could do all four tests. With this I got a very different result.

Marquis: Quickly turned bright yellow, then turned orange
Mecke: Turned yellow, brownish orange, and more slowly turned red
Mandelin: Went through a phase of greenish brown, then just went to light brown
Simon's: I got a dark inky dot in the middle of the pink

I re-did those tests with another crystal, with the same results. I'm suspecting methylone as the main component, because (a) it seems to be common, and (b) he described his experience with it as being just like ecstasy. He didn't report anything unusual about it. But the orange on the Marquis and green on the Mecke doesn't seem quite like a match. Any ideas? He's not interested in sending it in to a lab.

I'm not sure what to make of the scale, either; he doesn't think it's left over from a previous batch... my guess would be that there is a little bit of actual ecstasy in the bag, but not in the crystals I tested.