• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Need help in Rhode Island

desperateforadrinRI

Greenlighter
Hi I'm not really new here, just new to posting. I live in Rhode island and my pcp retired with no warning and now even being on meds I can't find a Dr. That doesn't just look down on me. Long story short I've been on gabapentin as a sorry replacement for my original pain meds, ibprofen 800's and now my problem. I'm borderline agoraphobic, depressed and have SEVERE anxiety and panic attacks and sometimes go up to 3 days with ZERO sleep. I am 44. I've tried just about every med in 20yrs with Xanax 1mg being the ONLY thing that has allowed me to live a somewhat normal life. Before the Gov took e1s pain meds I was only on 10mg oxycodone and 1mg xan and I worked and lived a normal life. Now I'm only a shattered piece of my former self.
I was just wondering if anyone knew of a pcp and/or phsyc Dr. That will still prescribe Xanax without just looking me up and down like a dam drug seeker. This is NOT a joke! And now that my former pcp Dr. AlRaqquad retired with no notice I can't even get my gabapentin and I've started having seizures, which I've NEVER had in my 4 decades on this planet!!! I REALLY need help finding a compassionate Dr. That will listen. I have all my records to back everything up and also need a new MRI very badly which I will freak out in if I'm not sedated or have my meds to get thru. As not being able to work I need to file for disability and these are things my lawyer will need.

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank you in advance to any and all that can help me and I wish you all a healthy pain free world!! 🙏🏻💞

Per the rules I don't think anyone can refer you to anyone my friend unfortunately but I know the feeling, have u ever thought about a low dose of methadone? Are u working full time or retired? Have you ever heard of Suboxone? There alot of stuff I think that can help you , your going through something we ALL have I promise u

Last edited:
Are there not a lot of doctors in your area of Rhode Island? I know it's a tiny state lol but Honestly gabs should be able to be prescribed by another fam Dr ? I get them at my doctor's and don't even take em I have hundreds I don't even use lol but I'm in Ohio shits so bad here with fyntinol u can get on anything at the clinic methodone Suboxone ADEROL , kolonipin, my best friend is on fycompa and kolonipin for seizures lance Adams syndrome car crash tbi . Unfortunately no one can tell u about any one doctor or refer you but just look on Google and the Google reviews on that (whomever u find)doctor id say . I'm probably saying to much I don't want to get ban because I love these people but you'll get help I PROMISE don't give up 🙏

Per the rules I don't think anyone can refer you to anyone my friend
Correct

What I can vaguely suggest to OP is that in my experience, private psychiatrists who run their own practice are generally less uptight with giving out things like benzos.

There is also a certain government website where you can actually view how many controlled scripts are given out by any specific location. It's all quantified by the government, and they post this information publicly.

Correct

What I can vaguely suggest to OP is that in my experience, private psychiatrists who run their own practice are generally less uptight with giving out things like benzos.

There is also a certain government website where you can actually view how many controlled scripts are given out by any specific location. It's all quantified by the government, and they post this information publicly.
Yes I totally forgot u can see the doctor prescribing patterns of which meds good thinking killer ✊

Correct

I love that signature