• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Need Help! Im dumb.

does molly mix well with soda? or orange juice? :?

It will dissolve well in water, which both of those basically are. Acidic drinks shorten the duration of amphetamine related drugs (which MDMA is) but increasing the amount of drug being extracted to urine. (or some such, not 100% right medical terms here).
Though, ascorbic acid (vitamin C) is good antioxidant against the oxidative stress caused by MDMA, but I'd rather take it after the trip has reached the comedown.

Acidic drinks shorten the duration of amphetamine related drugs (which MDMA is) but increasing the amount of drug being extracted to urine. (or some such, not 100% right medical terms here).
Cool I didn't know this. I assume it is metabolism-related? Could you provide a short explanation or an article if possible? I'd be very interested to read the science behind this

To the OP: OJ works yeah, so does water, coke,... almost everything I think. If it's crystals you're taking a better way than to just swallow them with OJ or something is to wrap them in a cigarette rolling paper and swallow that. That way no MDMA touches your teeth and it can't damage them :)

Cool I didn't know this. I assume it is metabolism-related? Could you provide a short explanation or an article if possible? I'd be very interested to read the science behind this

There's some basic chemistry involved. Freebase MDMA is weakly basic - its nitrogen and oxygen atoms have exposed electrons that can attract free-floating protons found in the acidic stomach. MDMA with a proton attached is positively charged and polar. It is more difficult for positively charged MDMA molecules to pass from the intestine to the blood, because the surface membrane of the intestine is non-polar and non-polar membranes prefer non-polar molecules.

When the stomach is more acidic, more of the MDMA becomes positively charged, so less of it is absorbed by the intestine. By bla-ljus's reasoning, this means reduced intensity and duration, because more of the MDMA is passed out in urine rather than heading for the brain. Personally, I think this depends on how much urine is secreted - a more acidic stomach could also extend a roll's duration, because the basic MDMA molecules are more reluctant to leave the acidic stomach and enter the intestine, so they do so more slowly. No hard claims though, and this would still result in a less intense roll.

By contrast, if MDMA is taken with an antacid like calcium carbonate (Tums) to reduce the stomach's acidity, it will leave the stomach faster, be less charged, and pass more quickly and easily from the intestine to the blood. This can intensify the effects of a roll, and may either shorten or extend the duration depending on the competing reasoning I mentioned above.

I really don't know how much science has been done on this, but the reasoning is chemically sound and people (myself included) seem to agree that the effect is noticeable. Here is a corroborating source, sort of.

Last edited: