• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids need help from some know how’s on a tricky Q (methadone/buprenorphine...and umm kratum)

Stayfloating

Bluelighter
Hey, What’s up blue light community. Long time lurker/reader need some help from some old timers a.k.a. readers that know their sh$&. Ok so long time pain management methadone. Decided to drop typical split the 100mg then titration on the rest. Okay so swim get near the plank and he bails. Swim is in pain. Try bup! Dr is a duche pushing it on swim anyway. Option Belbucca...300mcg x 2 smh. Sub backup Anyway so swim is on a plan of methadone to bup now and decides to get dog food to make the withdrawal quick after quitting. Long story short, withdrawal wasn’t short— fentanyl poisoners up to their tricks because swim goes into precipitated withdrawal longer than 24 hr
later. Should be 8-10hrs but whatever. Desperate, swim gets kratom. Good college try but swim pops half a methadone, swim Has more than swim wants. Get it? dry humor sorry...SO whats swim to do? Will a 10mg methadone ONLY (besides kratum) have a lasting effect beyond tomorrow, thus delaying the switch to bup further? Thanks in advance and good vibes to all first time readers of this first time writer. ✌️

Last edited:
Glad to have you and we definitely have a lot of experts on stuff like this, however, I'm going to move this to Other Drugs where it will get a lot more views from people who can answer your question. Feel free to post again to introduce yourself more, if you'd like. I'm going to edit the title of this thread a bit just so people know what you're asking, feel free to edit it again if you'd like!

Also, saying SWIM is generally frowned upon here and not something we do.

Welcome to BL!!!

Hey, What’s up blue light community. Long time lurker/reader need some help from some old timers a.k.a. readers that know their sh$&. Ok so long time pain management methadone. Decided to drop typical split the 100mg then titration on the rest. Okay so swim get near the plank and he bails. Swim is in pain. Try bup! Dr is a duche pushing it on swim anyway. Option Belbucca...300mcg x 2 smh. Sub backup Anyway so swim is on a plan of methadone to bup now and decides to get dog food to make the withdrawal quick after quitting. Long story short, withdrawal wasn’t short— fentanyl poisoners up to their tricks because swim goes into precipitated withdrawal longer than 24 hr
later. Should be 8-10hrs but whatever. Desperate, swim gets kratom. Good college try but swim pops half a methadone, swim Has more than swim wants. Get it? dry...so whats swim to do? Will a 10mg methadone ONLY (besides kratum) have a lasting effect beyond tomorrow, thus delaying the switch to bup further? ummm help? Thanks in advance and good vibes to all first time readers of this first time writer. ✌️
Hey I'm trying to answer your question but having a hard time following. you're on methadone but running out and planning switching to bupe but you relapsed on heroin which was mostly just fentanyl? You got some kratom? You tried to make it and you are running out of methadone?

You have more of what that you want? Buy more heroin? You only have 10mg methadone left?

You're asking if taking 10mg will "delay" your transition to bupe tomorrow?

I honestly have no idea what you're asking - you don't need to use code words here, just speak clearly

I think they're saying will 10mg of methadone cause a delay in their efforts to switch to buprenorphine without precipitating withdrawal 🤯 If that's the question the answer is yes.

Glad to have you and we definitely have a lot of experts on stuff like this, however, I'm going to move this to Other Drugs where it will get a lot more views from people who can answer your question. Feel free to post again to introduce yourself more, if you'd like. I'm going to edit the title of this thread a bit just so people know what you're asking, feel free to edit it again if you'd like!

Also, saying SWIM is generally frowned upon here and not something we do.

Welcome to BL!!!
Oh yea no worries. Swim and I thank you for the help;)

Yes Snafu, negrogesic (was about to shorten the name 🤦🏻‍♂️) is right...kinda looking for more of “how long” will one freaking methadone would delay me starting bup, being that it was one..actually a half at this point.

i have more than I want regardless since I’m switching, but yea I got bottles. Just been over it and have a dr that just persistently has wrote when I said I don’t want it. Friend just helped with a better alternative hoping the dr would turn into a better one and I guess a few bottles built up. More importantly I got bup for days too and I want to be on that. But what I don’t want is precipitated withdrawal. So I’m looking for a time frame of how much that li’l amount of methadone would delay my transition. Hell, if an experience kratum user knows how long league stays on your opioid receptors I’d like that length of time. Nothing on the internet but I did read 7 hours somewhere. Shits so weak I’d believe it. Methadone, not so much;)

p.s. Not for nothing but I stood up and from my lap fell and broke a full vape cartridge so I’m a bit frustrated at this point and feel like gobbling those dones but I want to do the right thing and I’m trying. I was hoping to hear something like “you should be in close to full withdrawal in 24 hrs so grab your pride and wait it out” or something similar. Otherwise I’m going to run out of kratum on the 4th anyway and likely just take methadone in quantity and start the whole process over, and trust me I cant do that again...probably wouldn’t survive it anyway. The proper way would be to not take methadone for 3 days and sit on your hands well me, swim, and probably any John or Jane Doe won’t do that shit. So I got close, if these pos dealers didn’t put fent in junk & everything else nowadays which just gets in your fat like weed I would of had a nice 10 hour turn around and the issue would be mute...but integrity and street dealers generally don’t go hand and hand; they’ll get theirs, I’m just preoccupied with trying not to get mine right now.
p.p.s. compliments to BL...Pad‘s battery died before I could post, on the last word of course, and my post waited for it to charge👍

Last edited:
Wish I could give you some advice I just have no practical experience with methadone. And not sure how much it would overpower bupe but I would imagine a lot :/

Bump

I’d estimate anywhere between 3-10 days based on the half life, not personal experience

I'm not sure if i got it right but i understood you were on 100mg methadone? If so then Belbucca 300mcg x2/day isn't going to cut it. You should look into Suboxone (or the generic equivalents) for appropriate dosing.

I was on a 100mg...I’ve been off. Out my system. I took two halves of a 10. one pill....methadone is strong but my goodness And can’t be your typical MMT time..that has time to build up. If so then why would I feel sick the day after taking a done and not 3 days later. I just don’t want precipitated withdrawa, if there are some on the mu receptors fine...

anyway I’ll just hope someone reads that knows shit because I’m taking kratum and I’m not trying to do this long. I got real pain and want to get this switch over with.

thanks for the efforts to those who bothered....holding my breath...happy 4th

Last edited:
I was on a 100mg...I’ve been off. Out my system. I took two halves of a 10. one pill....methadone is strong but my goodness And can’t be your typical MMT time..that has time to build up. If so then why would I feel sick the day after taking a done and not 3 days later. I just don’t want precipitated withdrawa, if there are some on the mu receptors fine...

anyway I’ll just hope someone reads that knows shit because I’m taking kratum and I’m not trying to do this long. I got real pain and want to get this switch over with.

thanks for the efforts to those who bothered....holding my breath...happy 4th
I know a lot about kratom, I’ve actually gotten pwds from switching from kratom to suboxone.

I think you should take low doses of it at a time, if your only taking 200 mcg every two hour shifts you should be fine, it most likely won’t cause pwds at that level

I think you should take low doses of it at a time, if your only taking 200 mcg every two hour shifts you should be fine, it most likely won’t cause pwds at that level
No I got subs. 12 and 8 mg or whatever But I got so many belbucca I’d take way more than one at a time until this silly dr gets back....besides u can get an odd form of pwds from taking to li’l. Shit knocked off receptors but not all the way filled e bup. Some paper I read idk

i take kratom everyday Andy have been on and off of it for 9 years
Bro isnt that expensive. And u aren’t used to it now? It’s been a fun bridge but I don’t know if I’d stick around...better for u than street drugs...I guess. That money probably around the same but idk.
prescription and insurance 👍

Bro isnt that expensive. And u aren’t used to it now? It’s been a fun bridge but I don’t know if I’d stick around...better for u than street drugs...I guess. That money probably around the same but idk.
prescription and insurance 👍
Kratom is quite cheap if you buy in bulk

I've been on kratom 10 years it helps me stay off heroin and opioids

So how long did u wait from last kratum dose of what kind of habit? Then u took 4 or 8 mg? Thanks
I was taking about 3 oz a day at the time, it had been 2 hours since my kratom dose, or somewhere around there, and I was dissolving a strip into 8 ml of water so that I could try small amounts. I made the dumb decision to stir my solution with my finger, and it absorbed through my skin. I was having pretty bad anxiety for two hours after, and cold sweats, all that, but it only lasted two hours, then the buprenorphine kicked in and I felt high.
I spend 83 dollars a kilo right now. And I’ve been forced to take time off repeatedly, somya it still works

No I got subs. 12 and 8 mg or whatever But I got so many belbucca I’d take way more than one at a time until this silly dr gets back....besides u can get an odd form of pwds from taking to li’l. Shit knocked off receptors but not all the way filled e bup. Some paper I read idk
I have a kratom habit right now, I’ve been taking up to 100 grams a day, I’ve cut down to 20 lately though, and I get high off of low doses of buprenorphine while I’m getting high off of kratom, I like using 0.5 mg at a time, but I only do that at most every other day, but I try to keep it at once a week. I don’t notice any pwds at all at that level, but it does get me high, and I get high off of the kratom at the same time. I’ve done the same thing while addicted to high doses of poppypods.

I get high off of low doses of buprenorphine while I’m getting high off of kratom, I like using 0.5 mg at a time, but I only do that at most every other day, but I try to keep it at once a week. I don’t notice any pwds at all at that level