Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Need help for codeine taper

lynn83

Greenlighter
Guys,
Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I would appreciate any advice from all that could help.

I am looking at tapering down my codeine use, to be exact, is it possible to dissolve 30mg codeine tablets in any solution and den taper my intake from that solution?

my current habit if about 8 years is at least 400mg onwards a day. . . it is disrupting my work and marriage. . I tried to "talk" my self into taking Trams and valies instead of my DOC for about 1 week to get and be done with the WD. But it's not working guys... I am desperate. :(

The panadol doesn't dissolve so don't worry if it doesn't all dissolve.
thanks! but how much water do I need to dissolve it in? as in to know the exact dosage of wat I will be consuming each time?
my tablets does not contain paracetamol

That's up to u.get a cough syrup syringe and dissolve however many tablets in however much water then use however much u want.

search cold water extraction, theres an insane amount of information on this site. use coffee filters.

search cold water extraction, theres an insane amount of information on this site. use coffee filters.
Coffee filters soak up a lot of the solution and if it's concentrated or only a few pills worth you'll lose a fair amount and they will clog before it's even halfway through filtering.i use a cotton t-shirt for 8mg/10mg/30mg tablets and if you use enough water and gently squeeze the water out afterwards u won't lose any or get too much panadol in the water.these ones are pretty fuck it up proof.only thing u have to look out for is an ingredient called pregelatinised maize starch.this fuks shit up. 15mg tablets around here have a stool softener in them that either helps the paracetamol dissolve better(not what u want) or the paracetamol in them has a finer particle size that goes through filters better.use no more than 2ml per 15mg tablet of water and the colder the better or you'll only collect 25-50% of the paracetamol you should.the rest stays in the water.avoid them if possible for cwe.also if kept at room temperature these water extracts go brown after a few days so make it fresh.your better off doing one big dose a day than lots of small ones with codeine.

any evidence that coffee filters soak up the solution, or is that just your personal opinion?

Yes plenty of evidence from experience.when you go through several of them bcoz they clog so quickly and then you squeeze a few ml out of each one it adds up to enough to affect yeild.when using them for valuable things they need to be rinsed out bcoz they hold so much stuff in them.some ppl even boil them in alcohol to recover goodies that get soaked up.

yea definitely look into cold water extraction. I know you said valium taper didn't help but do you have a support person who could dispense them to you according to a regime. Also clonidine works wonders for withdrawals. Remember to keep up fluids for the diarrhoea and try and smoke weed it'll help the pains and your appetite. Good luck I'm a long term opioid addict 13 years now. You can do this!

yea definitely look into cold water extraction. I know you said valium taper didn't help but do you have a support person who could dispense them to you according to a regime. Also clonidine works wonders for withdrawals. Remember to keep up fluids for the diarrhoea and try and smoke weed it'll help the pains and your appetite. Good luck I'm a long term opioid addict 13 years now. You can do this!

yeah clonidine is always good, a benzo for the week doesn't hurt as well. small amounts of loperamide if you need it and keep your fluids up. for some people weed heightens withdrawal symptoms but for some people it really helps, so my advice is smoke a little before you are in a serious withdrawal and see how you feel. keep in mind it'll be an unpleasant week but its more than doable, on the second or third day it'll be the worst but will only last 48 hours before you start feeling a lot better. edit - im more speaking from a cold turkey standpoint. it'll be extremely hard, some might say impossible to taper if you are incharge of your own pills. it takes an awful lot of will power.

i hope that you check back in soon and tell us how you went.

Last edited:
I do not have weed available where i live.
i just got the doctor to dispense 3 weeks worth of 300mg gabapentin.

i know they kinda help. They do, dont they?

And nope.. I do not have anyone available to take charge of my pills. and thus, yes.. its very difficult as my will power is currently on a long term vacation ie.. nonexistent. LOL

I would advise to do a fast taper, probably 10% every day and once it starts to be uncomfortable use dextrometorphan ( 45-80) mg depending on your weight and also Loperamide - it works good with dxm , prevents diarrhea and lessen body symptoms of opi wd. After u are done with withdrawal , depressive episode may come so u should engage in some pleasurable activity and if u find yourself without any energy, try low dose modafinil or piracetam. Oh and weed is perfect for stomach ache, nausea and sleep. Benzodiazepines short term for insomnia and general restlessness.

And nope.. I do not have anyone available to take charge of my pills. and thus, yes.. its very difficult as my will power is currently on a long term vacation ie.. nonexistent. LOL

theres no one? do you have anyone that knows what you are going through? its incredibly hard to taper at all but without anyone on in your corner it'll be near impossible. are you alone in this, does anyone else know?

nope.. no one near enuf to me to be able to do it. my hubby tot that i quitted after my last inpatient treatment.. LOL..

nope.. no one near enuf to me to be able to do it. my hubby tot that i quitted after my last inpatient treatment.. LOL..

i know its tough but is there no way you could tell him, will he really not know if you're going through withdrawal? how would he take it?

besides that, how are you going?

Am doing ok.. i suppose. Work is in danger...just cause I spend way to much "work hours" not at my desk cause was bz scoring. But now seems to me when I decided that enuf is enuf.. work seems to have turned its back on me and stabbed me.. haha

my husband? he'd get mad a the long lost fightz n quarrels would find their way back into our home again