NEED help finding some really good Ambient :)

KingFlyy

Bluelighter
ok here is what Im trying to find..
Out of countless cd's and records I have... Ive yet to find an Ambient cd I REALLY like.. other than Aphex Selected works 2...
I want it a really laid back ambient, the type you would just put on in the backround of a party.. or just put on with the lights off and lay in your bed...
Im open for all reccomendations..
Thanks!
*nick
------------------
*Tonight, gunna leave that 9 x 5 up on the shelf, and just enjoy yourself...*
_-* /\/ i © /< *-_

Yeah, sign me up aswell.
Also looking for just chill out, laid back ambient. Ambient/trance.
Just one of the genre's I can't raddle off any names at all.

Check out...
Lux
Orbital (some stuff, not all)
Atlantic City
The Orb (The Orb are probly the truest Ambient producers out there)
Underworld (Great K-Hole Music)
Lemme know how it goes.
------------------
DJ SHeX ---
"If you can't go to a party and have a good time without ANY drugs, then get the fuck out of the scene. You're ruining it."
"Fuck Tha Bullshit It's time to throw it down!" -311
[]D [] []\/[] []D

yeah.. I love underworld.. but the type of ambient Im looking for is like real Atmospheric..
it puts you into a whole different world..
really laid back....
-nick

You might like Aquasonic - A Positive Life.
Extremely mellow, atmospheric, laid back. No beat. Check it out.

Robert Rich and Brian Lustmord - Stalker.
Brian Eno - Ambient 4 / On Land.
Biosphere - Cirque, Substrata, Polar Sequences.
Ambient 4 - Isolationism (compilation)
FAX label (run by Pete Namlook www.faxlabel.com and www.2350.org for reviews). I'm into ambient more than any other kind of music, and believe me, this label is the best. Try Air series, Silence series, anything by Tetsu Inoue (get Organic Cloud), Bill Laswell, Octopus, Datacide, Peter Benisch, Jochem Paap's ambient collections.
O Yuki Conjugate - Equator
Brian Eno - Shutov Assembly
Paul Schutze - Apart.
I would also recommend going onto www.hyperreal.org/epsilon/info for recommended lists (which I voted on too) and info on the hyperreal ambient mailing list (which I have been a member of for 6 years).
My guess is you will like some of the above, if you like Aphex Twin - SAW2. If you want more lively ambient suggestions I can give those too.

ok....
thanks for all the help neural,, but what about some more upbeat ambient that is good.
thanks

Hmmm, upbeat ambient.
The Orb - anything
Future Sound of London - Lifeforms
Biosphere - Microgravity
Mixmaster Morris - Flying High
Speedy J - G Spot (some of it is lively)
Again, I point you to the FAX label. This time: Dark Side of the Moog series, Jet Chamber series, Transonic 1, From Within series, SHADO series, Sad World series, Dreamfish series.
I don't like anything more lively than this to chill to. What passes for chill out at the moment (with compilations) is arsey jazzy masterbatery crud. If I want to hear a trance breakdown, I'll listen to trance you know.
I assume you've heard of Napster. That'll help you sample most of my mentions.

The Orb....check:
Orb Live '93 Live @ Tokyo and don't remember
Orbvilion
and be aware of Cydonia(sp?) their new album
http://www.badorb.com
This site its really insane!!
------------------
Como lo mismo da? No es lo mismo. Pasado mañana es despues de mañana, y mañana es mucho despues de hoy. Y hoy mismo es bastante despues de ahora....-Johnny Carter

Afrodellico, you're wrong. Orb's Orblivion and Cydonia are not ambient projects, and to a lesser extent, neither is Orb Live with the exception of Spanish Castles and OOBE.
More appropriately, these titles are more Orb ambient:
The Orbscure EP
Pomme Fritz
U.F.orb
Orb Peel Sessions 1
[This message has been edited by underscore_omega (edited 05 February 2001).]

Live 93 is ambient. I mean, you're entitled to your opinion, but I know hundreds of ambient listeners who think otherwise.
Oh yeah, you guys left out Orbus Terrarum.
[This message has been edited by Neural_Shock (edited 05 February 2001).]

the new deep and chilled euphoria mixed by red jerry is top.
------------------
oh my god thats the funky shit

search for 'the state of e:motion' compilations.
here is a webpage with some sounds off the latest one.

Boards of Canada! Definitely. The album 'Music Has the Right to Children' is a must have. The new 'A beautiful place out in the country' EP is pretty special too.
------------------
Keep it sweet

Neural_Shock, Orb live 93 encompasses much of what found on Ultraworld, which for the most part was Dub and House, definately not ambient.
I did forget that Orb live had Valleys on it, which is kinda ambient.
I am probably the biggest Orb fan I know, I have been into them since 1989. I mean, I even have the KissFm session on cassette, taped the night it aired (Thanks Damean). I guess I don't like Orb classified as ambient when in many ways they aren't. They are one of those acts that have transcended genre.

Moby---Ambient
anything by FSOL
I am not that knowledgeable about ambient but I do like these.

Probably not everyones cup of tea, but I love chilling 2 Mercury Rev on E, especially the track "Tonite it shows". Its really chilled, but it still brings u up
------------------
I swear 2 u I'm having the best time being off my trolley and feeling the music, know what I mean? - Moff