Need Help! Even more confused after reading for days

Stangman

Greenlighter
I have been reading for days and am more confused and/or 10% stupider(if that's a word). I have been working out faithfully for about 2.5 yrs. and can't see anymore results and feel I'm ready to go to next level.
I'm a hard gainer!!! I'm a short guy and cut for 120 lbs. I'm 5'3" 34 yrs old with a good diet and taking and tried all types of supplements.
I have tried to find a good cycle by reading but I'm so confused. My goal is to gain muscle mass and to just get bigger. I did use 1 cycle of test 1 yr ago but didn't see much gain. I'm looking for an experienced opinion with real helping advice and not someone to tell me to do more research because I am going to do this and just need a good stack, cycle, etc.
Please help!!!

You don't need steroids. You need food. At 120lbs there's no way you've plateaued. I'm not trying to sound condescending but are you sure your diet and training is in check? You could eat as little as 2000 calories a day and gain weight.

It's simple. Eat surplus calories and you will grow. It's not what you wanted to hear but you're not ready for steroids.

Train harder, eat more and rest. Don't use the 'hardgainer' tag as an excuse. I too was a hardgainer until I focussed on my eating, calculated macros and ate a calorie excess. I started piling on weight and I generally got away with eating whatever I wanted whilst staying unnaturaly lean before I started training.

Last edited:
I've looked up your average body weight for your height, its 107 to 135 lbs, this is generally for lean individuals, not anyone that pushes weights and in theory should have a greater lean body mass...

Therefore if you are only 120lbs after training for 2.5 years, something is badly wrong....!!!!

Your training and nutrition methodology must be seriously wrong...!!! If Testosterone didn't improve your physique, it was either bunk, and or training and diet were crap, you will always see lean mass gains from AAS....!!!

Before you contemplate AAS, you need to address both of these issues....

Post up your weekly training routine plus weights lifted, and daily diet (don't miss anything out)....

Like the others said - eat more. Don't worry about a bit of fat gain either bulk then cut it later.

Need help

I've looked up your average body weight for your height, its 107 to 135 lbs, this is generally for lean individuals, not anyone that pushes weights and in theory should have a greater lean body mass...

Therefore if you are only 120lbs after training for 2.5 years, something is badly wrong....!!!!

Your training and nutrition methodology must be seriously wrong...!!! If Testosterone didn't improve your physique, it was either bunk, and or training and diet were crap, you will always see lean mass gains from AAS....!!!

Before you contemplate AAS, you need to address both of these issues....

Post up your weekly training routine plus weights lifted, and daily diet (don't miss anything out)....

Before I started working out I weighed 105lbs. I have gained 15 lbs of straight muscle. I work shift work so it does typically alter but I work out religiously 4 days a week with different guys who train for comps and even they say I have plateaued and juice would prolly be the only thing to jump me up.( they swear they don't juice and are totally against it and refuse to help me in that area.

Breakfast: I eat 2 eggs and avocado or All Bran cereal.
Mid morning: I eat turkey and some almonds.
Lunch: can tuna hard boiled egg avocado
Afternoon: Nitrate free turkey apple
Dinner: lean meat carrots steamed spinach
Night: scoop of protein almonds or maybe more avocado

I have been doing this and it feels like a waist of time and money because I'm not seeing the gains I should be and what I have been told. I AM GOING TO GET ON SOME TYPE OF GEAR. So please help me with a good stack. I know everyone wants to critique every inch, but I have done this pretty damn close to the book.

you are persistent on doing gear but look at it this way. you said you have done a test cycle and didnt get much from it. now like GF said its either bunk or your diet was shit. Steroids dont build muscle food does. I see you posted your diet and it seems good but barely enough cals. you gotta eat carbs too if you want to gain weight. Like everyone else said you really need to pinpoint whats wrong with your diet, Try new methods before hoping on the juice. Why waste another cycle?

As has been said, doesn't look enough calories

I made this mistake of just cramming down a load of protein but I wasn't getting enough calories

I write down and calculate my calories every day to make sure I am getting enough

The 15lbs of lean muscle could be newbie gains. You can get some nice gains without a calorie surplus when you first start lifting, but your body will get used to the training. This is when you should jack your calories up.

By the looks of your diet you're probably eating at maintenance. You won't grow unless you equip your body with the right tools and for you that is more food.

You might be eating clean, but you're not eating enough. Do you know your calorie intake and macros? You should start by eating 25/50/25 (Protein/carbs/fat) at around 2200 calories. Stick at that for 6 weeks and see what happens.

If you've already tried test with little to no results, surely you must take your diet into consideration as a variant? It was either bunk gear, poor diet , poor training or a mixture of all three.

If you're dead set on a cycle then start with test only for 6 weeks and work your way up from there. But unless you sort your diet, steroids won't take you where you want to go.

Last edited:
The 15lbs of lean muscle could be newbie gains. You can get some nice gains without a calorie surplus when you first start lifting, but your body will get used to the training. This is when you should jack your calories up.

By the looks of your diet you're probably eating at maintenance. You won't grow unless you equip your body with the right tools and for you that is more food.

You might be eating clean, but you're not eating enough. Do you know your calorie intake and macros? You should start by eating 25/50/25 (Protein/carbs/fat) at around 2200 calories. Stick at that for 6 weeks and see what happens.

If you've already tried test with little to no results, surely you must take your diet into consideration as a variant? It was either bunk gear, poor diet , poor training or a mixture of all three.

If you're dead set on a cycle then start with test only for 6 weeks and work your way up from there. But unless you sort your diet, steroids won't take you where you want to go.

Wilhelm : What kind of test would work best once I have everything in order ? How much? Just say hypothetically when I get everything in order.

I've started gyming again recently. Whilst I was skinny at the start, I've gained 3 Kgs in 4 weeks lol. Added 10kg to my bench. I had been gyming for the past 2 years and not seen much progress. My problem? FOOD. I sat down and worked out my calorie need, constructed a diet plan.. boom. I'm lifting more each week, which is a great feeling, as I can see I'm getting stronger and bigger.

It's not even that difficult to eat a 200 suprlus a day (on top of BMR + 3 day/week activity level), if you space it out into 5 smaller meals/snacks. The first week sucked as my digestive tract was not used to that much food, total fart fest.. but it's fine now.

The hardest part is diet. Lifting weight is easy.

Wilhelm : What kind of test would work best once I have everything in order ? How much? Just say hypothetically when I get everything in order.

Test is test, only the ester is different...