• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Need help coping with being ugly.

Go and buy the book 'The Beauty Myth' by Naomi Wolfe. I read that book a loooong time ago when I was probably your age. It helped. Read some Nancy Friday....

<3

Inner confidence and acceptance transcends many of our imagined physical failings! Work with what you have got inside and out.

hard to tell w/o pics

if you are ugly, well, those are the breaks. what you can always do is just get in great shape. there are so many ugly (face-wise) chicks that i would bang in a heartbeat because they have a taut midsection and sexy hips.

i'm sorry you feel this way about yourself. but you can't control your natural features. the healthiest option would be to work on accepting yourself. you can cope by exercising, eating a well-balanced diet, and taking good care of yourself. do things that make you happy. express yourself in ways that you enjoy. be kind to others. try not to focus on the negative. there are so many other things you can direct your attention towards. you are more than your outward appearance. i know that can be hard to believe when you are focused on how you look, but it's true. you have a life and a mind and a spirit. true beauty comes from honesty, confidence, acceptance, and just being who you are wholeheartedly. good luck girl i wish you the best xx

This thread was so sad to read. YOU are the only one who thinks you're ugly, just know that it's all in your head. Sounds like you need to change your thinking, staying in this negative energy will just make you more depressed. There is nothing ugly about being black, I see super hot black chicks all the time. I bet you're one of them, you just can't see it! Sometimes I think (for young women mostly) when we look in a mirror, our minds slightly distort the image of how we imagine we don't want to look, when in reality, it's completely all in our heads. Its caused by low self-esteem. I went through a time in middle school and high school where I thought I was fat. I weighed probably 115 lbs, so thinking I was fat was just ridiculous. I would stand in the bathroom for hours looking for cellulite on my legs... My mom is an exercise freak, and super fit and from the time I was like 11 she told me things like "oh you're looking a bit chunky today" and "wow looks like you need to go on a run", just imagine how a parent projecting that onto their already thin pre-teen could fuck up their self-esteem. That's why I used to think I was fat. Now, I'm a bit older (22) and I sometimes still have thoughts that I'm too chubby (still about 115lbs) or that I'm not attractive but I know it's just low self-esteem talking, because I know I'm fucking hot! Now when I look in the mirror, I see the real me and I like who I am. Also I have super thick curly hair, and I used to HATE it. All the girls in my high school had straight hair, and I wanted that so I straightened my hair everyday before school. Looking back, I can't believe I used to do that, because now, I LOVE my hair. I get compliments on it from strangers all the time, and I know it's beautiful because it's my NATURAL hair. I don't color it or do anything to it. In fact, I don't even wear makeup.

The best advice I can give you is to NOT change yourself like try to lighten your skin, have surgery or whatever. Down the road I'm betting you will regret it. You have to accept who you are, and love yourself despite your flaws. Everyone has flaws too, no one is perfect and there is no such thing as a perfect body, it's all relative. What one person sees as ugly, another will see as beauty. You'll find once you come to accept all these things about who you are that are a part of who you are and be comfortable with who you are, you'll realize you're perfect the way you are, you don't need to change anyway, and if someone doesn't like it then they can go fuck themsleves. You will be a much happier person. I wish you the best, much love

some people think ugly is fine.

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im actually MORE attracted to less attractive people, my acquaintances would call them "ugly".Im actually sapiosexual so as long as someone is highly intelligent and clean im down.

Hey babe you wanna swap bodies for a while? I'm a sixty year old white male. Sorry to hear about you feeling this way. Hugs

I lost my virginity to a black chick. If a chick honestly views themself as unattractive, I will find them unattractive. Self esteem is a big plus for me.

Have you tried CBT? Sounds like Body Dsymorphic Disorder. Everyone is pretty in there own way, unfortunately we are stuck with how we look and there’s not much you can do about it. Someone will love and find you beautiful. I think/know everyone is/has been insecure of there appearance especially with all the media etc. Women have a lot of pressure to look like the air brushed models on tele, magazines etc...I feel sorry for them, It’s silly really.

You just have to make the best of what you have. wear nice clothes and take pride in your appearance. Like I was told if you make the effort to look good you will feel more confident.

Maybe also go to the gym etc so you have a nice body :)

It’s cliché but its what’s inside that matters the most.

Good luck

^ bdd (body dysmorphic disorder) is becoming more apparent in the male population now as well with muscle dysmorphia/adonis complex. I did a psych paper on how as we graduate to more public media with visual images, the greater the population and severity of image issues. Before social media, television, movies, or even magazines image problems were pretty much unheard of. Its been shown that those who use social media more often a la twitter, face book, etc are more depressed and suffer greater body image issues.

a bit off topic but I thought it was relevant and interesting.