View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Need guidance on my first lsd trip

Ajblackshot

Greenlighter
So ive been thinking about trying lsd for a while.. And i need some info since its my first time.
Since i really dont have much free time i was thinking i could drop it tonight at 10 or 11pm
I have work tomorrow at 8 and im doing this at home tonight while my parents are asleep
And basically my question is that is there anything i should know? What should i avoid doing and what will make my trip a better experience. I read that 100mcg is a good dose for beginners but i have no idea how much this one hoffman tab that i bought has on it so i dont know if i should take half or the whole thing... Any information will be apprieciated.

the effects of lsd can easily last up to 10 hours. also even after you stopped tripping you won't be feeling anything near sober until after a good night of sleep in my experience. so i don't think dropping at 10pm and going to work at 8am is a good idea, especially if it's your first time.

also the latent fear of getting caught by your parents could impact your trip in a negative way. it's much better to do this in an environment where you can totally let go. so doing it at home is generally a good idea, but if i were you i'd rather wait for a situation when you have the house to yourself.

on how much to take: some people would probably tell you to take the whole tab because less might be underwhelming. i personally would rather risk an underwhelming than an overwhelming trip, especially if it's the first time, so i'd go with only 1/2 a tab to test the waters.

Yeah it's not advisable to be awake all day, trip and then be awake for the entire next day. You're probably gonna be miserable. After an LSD experience (and even sometimes during) all I want to do is sleep. The stimulative properties only last about 12-14 hours after taking it.

A first LSD trip can not only be jarring to the mind (you'll call in sick to work, I guarantee it) but also last 12+ hours including the comedown where you feel pretty rattled for a few hours. Your parents will wonder why their kid is staying home from work and has saucers for eyes. To put it simply, don't trip acid unless you've got a secure place where you can be away from concerned folks (parents, authority, etc.) for at least 16 or more hours, and expect not to be able to sleep for all of those 16 or so hours or more.

Also, remember that if it's bitter, it's a spitter. Many drugs are substituted for LSD these days on blotter that are far more dangerous than LSD itself; luckily, LSD has no taste, while most any other potent substitute will have a mild to strong bitter/metallic taste. If it has a taste, get rid of it, it's not worth risking your life just to have a laugh!

Last edited:
Thank you all for telling me this. I was just 10minutes away from dropping the tab and i thought id check here again.
I have to say i didnt think an lsd trip would be as massive as some people say but it turns out this is some hardcore shit. But since i cant even wait to try this stuff ill drop a quarter tonight and see what happens. Thanks for all the info guys.

I have to say i didnt think an lsd trip would be as massive as some people say but it turns out this is some hardcore shit. But since i cant even wait to try this stuff ill drop a quarter tonight and see what happens. Thanks for all the info guys.

Feeling like you "can't wait" to try a serious psychedelic drug simply for the sake of trying it really isn't a justifiable reason to do so IMO.
I do get your excitement to do it and with a small dose like what you'll (most likely) be taking, I'm "sure" you'll be fine but you got to respect the psychedelics or else you will pay the price sooner or later - as in, you should wait until the time is right, regarding both set AND setting.

I find it kind of wierd how you just found out now that LSD is 'hardcore shit'. Ít's the most thoroughly researched psychedelic drug so this really shouldn't come as a surprise to you. Do some proper research before taking any drug, for your own sake.

You should also be aware that LSD is pretty stimulating, it's actually one of the most prominent features of the drug when taken in the threshold dosage range, so it's unlikely that you'll get some sleep anytime soon. Prepare yourself for a lousy day at work tomorrow.

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy yourself. Happy tripping dude.

Ok so i took a quarter first. After 30mins since i felt no change i took another quarter and at 1 hour i took the other half so i took 1tab in total and its been 1hr 20mins and i dont see any visuals or anything. By the way what exactly does a hoffman tab look like? Is the picture on both sides of the blotter? Anyway i dont feel anything special and its been almost 1hr 30mins :/ im kinda dissapointed

By the way what exactly does a hoffman tab look like?

hofmann_2008_om.jpg

This is an example of the "Hoffman" print.

~2010 these “Lucy” prints were popular on the early darknet markets. They were controversial. They had an abnormal bitter and fruity taste. In recent years multiple variations and counterfeits of this artwork were released. Multiple chemicals including NBOMe drugs circulate on similar artwork. You can't determine the the chemical from visual inspection of the blotter.

OP; so against everyone's good advice, you went and took the whole piece; hope nothing happened.

Took another quarter at 30 minutes
Took another half at 60 minutes.

Did you reagent test these tabs? You do know that most compounds aren't going to make themselves magically felt in such a short period of time don't you?

225 ug of LSZ takes about 3 hours to make itself known to me.
100 ug of 1P-LSD take about 45-60 minutes
Mushrooms take anywhere from 20-45 minutes.

What if you had a DOx, Bromo-Dragonfly or something else long lived and nasty?

I do hope you're okay; and if nothing at all happened, consider yourself lucky and ripped off, with lesson learnt.

Tom

Thanks again but tonight i bought another blotter because the one i took last night was obviously fake or degraded or something. So im going to take this one around 10 or 11pm tonight. And i dont have work tomorrow so ill be fine. And if my parents wake up while im still tripping ill just leave the house.. Its my first time and i was wondering will i have any control over myself? And by the way im taking a quarter like last night and after 90 minutes ill take another quarter if i feel the need. Also how should i cut the plotter in a way i dont ruin it? Is doing it with scissors fine? Thanks alot for all your help once again

The friend that gave it to me said he was sure it was lsd and since it had no bitter taste i wasnt worried it was DOx or anything but i should be more careful hehe. Thanks for your concern

and if nothing at all happened, consider yourself lucky and ripped off, with lesson learnt.

this is exactly what i thought. if that tab would have been an average or maybe even a high dose, i think you would have had a good chance of having a rather unpleasent experience from the way you described your approach to this.

what's the hurry? would it hurt to wait a little longer for the perfect opportunity and maybe use that time to read a little more about the lsd-experience so you're better prepared?

Honestly the only free time i have this month was last night and tonight so if i want to do it nows the time but how to i cut the blotter in half in a way i dont ruin it? Are scissors fine?

scissors are fine. just try to minimize exposure to light/heat and humidity to avoid degradation.

you make it sound like it's a question of now or never, but you're going to have plenty opportunities to try lsd in the future. i think if you wait 1 month, 2 months or even 6 months and use that time to thoroughly prepare yourself it can vastly improve the quality of your experience.

I know this is a little late but some other kid will have very similar questions in the future!

Start small that's all I have to say. If you have the real deal 1/2 hit will be enough for you. Then you can go from there some other day.

And like someone else said. Start early. Dropping late and seeing the sun rise always made me feel a little blah when I dropped at home. Camping or something totally different story! It can be beautiful. But these are just my thoughts we are all different.

Are you doing this alone? Not as much fun as a friend being there (someone to talk to and keep you out of negative loops some ppl get into)