• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Need amphetamines to function, feeling hopeless

waterv1

Greenlighter
I was prescribed Vyvanse in December: two 20mgs spaced apart or a 30mg. At first, it was a miracle drug. I'm recovering from a severe chronic illness and could barely get out of bed. The energy Vyvanse gave me let me get a job, exercise, and basically gave me my life back. But as time wore on, I realized that it wiped my mind blank. Before it, my mind was blank from exhaustion. But now, the meds were causing it. I can't make jokes, I can't think abstractly, I feel disassociated, my memory is piss poor and I can't think. I haven't watched TV in months and I can barely read a sentence on it. I'm very rarely motivated to do anything. Really the only thing it helps me with is exercising and executive functioning skills for completing concrete tasks. I really hate what it does to me, but I can barely get out of bed without it, and it's not an option to stop taking it.

Before getting sick, I had a brain that worked at a mile a minute. I could do anything I wanted with it. I was funny, creative, and intelligent and I took it for granted. I can access it on rare occasions, almost always at night, even if I took the meds earlier that day. I suddenly have all of my thoughts back, and I'm excited and motivated. But it's always gone the next morning. On days when I don't take the meds I physically feel like shit, but I have weird manic chills and feel excited about what I'm doing, but that's only if I have the energy to do something, which i usually don't. Alcohol is the only thing that makes me feel normal, but obviously I can't depend on that. Weed helps a bit, but I don't have access to it often. I don't know how I can live being this blank person; I can recognize that everything I come up with is trash in comparison to what I could do before, but I can't produce anything better. I feel like I don't even exist.

On Monday I asked my doctor if I could try out Adderall XR, as I had read that for some people it was less zombie-like and made you motivated. Today I took it (20mg) and it gave me the same exact problems. Extremely forgetful, anti-social, no motivation blank. And it gave me much much less energy than Vyvanse does; I just want to lie down. It's much more subtle; I just feel calm. I can form thoughts more easily and focus more than with Vyvanse, but i still don't feel like I can work on complex things. I don't feel particularly tired, but it didn't give me the boost I needed. I feel disconnected from the world around me and legitimately can't speak; I'm trailing off and mumbling. With both meds, it's like it shoves down any sort of thought I try to form and steals my emotions.

I'm going back to college for the first time in 2 years on Friday, and I'm terrified that the Vyvanse won't get me through it. I need it to get out of bed, but I don't know if I can absorb information in class. I got an A in an online Japanese course over the summer, but it took me a long-ass time to finish the course work every week. I'm taking a creative writing class this semester and my creative mind is garbage on meds. Socializing is incredibly important for me to succeed with (I've been isolated for years bc of my illness), but I can't think of anything to say and can't make jokes. I'm just a boring stupid robot who listens and nods.

My question is, is there any drug on planet earth that will give me energy but won't wipe my mind blank? I constantly get "talk to your doctor" and I will, and I have, but I want to know what the options are and what experiences other people have had. I just want to feel like I'm not a boring useless piece of garbage. Thank you.

Going to recommend pregenolone as a first shot as it sounds like you are almost experiencing a variation of adrenal fatigue type symptoms. Pregenolone *can* help fix some of that at the source in a number of different ways and is also a neurosteroid.

Unfortunately, I can't take steroids because of my illness. I couldn't even use a tiny nasal spray for post-nasal drip that I got prescribed. But reading about it, it looks great :(

edit: actually reading more it seems a bit more complicated than that, I'll look into it, thank you :)

is the illnes you have a mental illness?

This is a very scary thread to me, because I've started using amphetamine again on an everyday basis for work and I'm loving it. I've used in in the past too but not regularly.

I'd be interested to hear if others have had such lasting damage since I always assumed amp to be pretty benign.

Kratom worked very well for stimulation/motivation also, but amp works much better.

I'd be interested to hear if others have had such lasting damage since I always assumed amp to be pretty benign.
Amphetamines most certainly are NOT benign dude. Far from it. Probably one of the least benign class of substances when it comes to the brain, in fact....they're widely, VERY WELL known for their uniquely incredibly powerful ability to severely alter brain functioning, not only temporarily, but chronically.
OP's experience does not shock me in the slightest, in fact, sounds fairly typical.

These drugs are often underestimated in respect to their damage, but such people are simply naive/misinformed/uninformed, and these drugs really are not to be taken lightly.....use with care/caution, use responsibly.

-PA

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I can't take steroids because of my illness. I couldn't even use a tiny nasal spray for post-nasal drip that I got prescribed. But reading about it, it looks great :(

edit: actually reading more it seems a bit more complicated than that, I'll look into it, thank you :)

It isn't a steroid. What illness do you have?

This is a very scary thread to me, because I've started using amphetamine again on an everyday basis for work and I'm loving it. I've used in in the past too but not regularly.

Kratom worked very well for stimulation/motivation also, but amp works much better.

I've been prescribed adderall for the past 5 years and haven't noticed a single short or long term side effect so far.

Blood pressure and heart rate are always normal, no crash from it, no withdraw type feelings ever if I skip a week. Been a life changer for me

My illness isn't mental, it's physical but effects brain function.The damage isn't lasting, the effect wears off a bit at night, and if I don't take it the next day my brain feels tired-fuzzy but not vyvanse-fuzzy. If you take it as prescribed you should be fine. Even though I wouldn't recommend using it without a prescription, if you choose to make sure you stay on the low-end of the normal dose range and don't up it for any reason. If the effect starts to fade, take a day off and the next day it'll work just as well. And never take it when you're extremely tired, or at night. Amphetamine abuse is where you have to worry about long-term problems.